🔒 The Earwolf Forums are closed Read more... ×
JulyDiaz

Episode 130.5 - Minisode 130.5

congrats to june and paul. another member of the HDTGM family on the way ...yeahhhhhhhhh

Did I miss something? Did they make an announcement?

• Like 1

I have nothing to contribute to this thread expect for the fact that I love Sebastian Stan.

& that this movie is awful, but kind of fun?

P.S. Last year, Sebastian posted a picture of himself with all the Covenant dudes at a restaurant, & I was like, "Aw, well, at least friendships were made from this garbage-y movie!" It was kind of nice that all of the bro-witches are still bros.

• Like 4

Did I miss something? Did they make an announcement?

Dunno. I just assume everything I read on the Internet is true. Do you have a second? I'd love to tell you about chemtrails and the lizard people?

• Like 4

Dunno. I just assume everything I read on the Internet is true. Do you have a second? I'd love to tell you about chemtrails and the lizard people?

2786196d87196045db81b05b390fad4c.jpg

• Like 2

Off topic, but every time I see your Real Genius icon, I smile.

For some reason, it's been on cable A LOT the past two years, & I swear, I have to watch it every time.

I'm like that about Kindergarten Cop, too.

Something is wrong with me.

• Like 3

For some reason, it's been on cable A LOT the past two years, & I swear, I have to watch it every time.

No, Samantha, the people who don't watch Real Genius and Kindergarten Cop every time they're on are the ones who are wrong.

You and I are gold.

original.jpg

• Like 4

Between "Red Dawn" and "Real Genius", there may have maybe been twenty total minutes between 1985 and 1989 when neither of those movies were on TV.

• Like 4

It was kind of nice that all of the bro-witches are still bros.

Bro-witches=britches?

Used in a sentence: "Man, Sebastian Stan was being such a britch as the new guy that showed up in Ipswich"

• Like 3

This movie looks like it should have been made in 2002 when everyone was trying to capitalize on Ocean Eleven's success.

I really wish Elijah Wood was in better movies. He's the nicest guy in the world, and Wilfred was great, but he just gets roles in really "meh" movies for some reason (I just watched The Last Witch Hunter last week, so this is something I've been thinking about quite a bit recently).

No, Samantha, the people who don't watch Real Genius and Kindergarten Cop every time they're on are the ones who are wrong.

You and I are gold.

original.jpg

Aw, thanks Cameron. I definitely will.

But seriously, those movies are such a comfort to me.

I really wish they'd do a Where Are They Now? on the kids from KC. It's killing me that I don't know what happened to like, 80% of them.

• Like 1

Between "Red Dawn" and "Real Genius", there may have maybe been twenty total minutes between 1985 and 1989 when neither of those movies were on TV.

I agree. It seems like they were always on & inescapable. To be honest, Red Dawn scared the fuck out of me. Kinda still does.

• Like 1

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Bxc_55ur-J4

Something about the slap sound when it hits the floor makes me laugh every time.

Not even going to bother watching because like tayloranne's unease with spiders, I can say with all my soul, FUCK SNAKES. They are without a doubt the most terrifying animals that while I know serve a purpose in nature unlike other animals (seriously platypus what the fuck good are you?) but those things scare the ever loving shit outta me and the fact that they can open doors is even more frightening.

• Like 2

I saw this trailer last night and it's kinda weird with the tone they are setting for it. At times it comes off as a black comedy about dirty cops and other times it seems to be pretty straightforward and dark. It almost comes off as the trailers for Pain and Gain where it was shown as a total comedy but ended up being really dark as it was following the actual events that occurred in Miami.

• Like 1

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Bxc_55ur-J4

Something about the slap sound when it hits the floor makes me laugh every time.

My favorite part is the owner saying "good job" after the snake bellyflops. She sounds just sarcastic enough that I want to dub in Christian Bale going "OHHHH GOOD FOR YOU!" from his

• Like 4

My favorite part is the owner saying "good job" after the snake bellyflops. She sounds just sarcastic enough that I want to dub in Christian Bale going "OHHHH GOOD FOR YOU!" from his

LOL! I've never actually listened to Bale's rant before. My favorite part is when he's like, "Do you want me to kick your ass?" there's some noise like he's struggling to get to the offending party, then suddenly he's like, "Do you want me to break all your lights? I'm sure you're a nice guy..." It's like he got over to the guy and suddenly realized, Uh-oh, this guy looked a lot smaller from over there...I'm not sure if I can beat him up...How can I get out of this without appearing to be backing down? I know! "Your LIGHTS! I'm gonna beat up your lights, you nice guy you...grrrr."

• Like 3

Have they said when the episode is coming out? Did I miss an announcement?

For what it's worth, my cat is named Emma after the character Emma from Kindergarten Cop. You know, the girl whose dad's head is so big he can't wear any hats. Gosh, I love that girl. I, too, have to watch that movie if I come across it.

• Like 3

Not even going to bother watching because like tayloranne's unease with spiders, I can say with all my soul, FUCK SNAKES. They are without a doubt the most terrifying animals that while I know serve a purpose in nature unlike other animals (seriously platypus what the fuck good are you?) but those things scare the ever loving shit outta me and the fact that they can open doors is even more frightening.

I knew as soon as I posted that image that I was probably opening some phobia floodgates because I know a lot of people in real life who are also afraid of snakes.

So I apologize Ryan Sz because no one actually posted spiders after I said that and if you're anything like me just a photo can set you off.

• Like 2

Wouldn't you know that as soon as they announce a movie about "witches," I'd stumble upon an article about what got you accused of being a witch in 1692.

http://mentalfloss.c...lify-witch-1692

My God I would get accused so fast by those standards. (Also the one about the child made me really sad.)

edit: OH DAMN! I also just found out there is another bad movie released the same time (2 months after) that had a similar name that they had to end up changing.

"The Covenant: Brotherhood of Evil" AKA "Canes" starring Edward Furlong

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0480516/

• Like 2

Wouldn't you know that as soon as they announce a movie about "witches," I'd stumble upon an article about what got you accused of being a witch in 1692.

http://mentalfloss.c...lify-witch-1692

My God I would get accused so fast by those standards. (Also the one about the child made me really sad.)

I never get tired of that list!

I love the irony behind so many of them like you can't be young OR old, you can't be poor OR rich, and you can't have a lot of children OR no children.

LOL! I've never actually listened to Bale's rant before. My favorite part is when he's like, "Do you want me to kick your ass?" there's some noise like he's struggling to get to the offending party, then suddenly he's like, "Do you want me to break all your lights? I'm sure you're a nice guy..." It's like he got over to the guy and suddenly realized, Uh-oh, this guy looked a lot smaller from over there...I'm not sure if I can beat him up...How can I get out of this without appearing to be backing down? I know! "Your LIGHTS! I'm gonna beat up your lights, you nice guy you...grrrr."

Here is a little bit better quality audio from the rant.

• Like 1