🔒 The Earwolf Forums are closed Read more... ×
JulyDiaz

Episode 130.5 - Minisode 130.5

Also, are the band members of Queen hurting for money because that's one of a few trailers for decent size releases that I've heard one of their songs in the last couple months, another being Suicide Squad and a I can't remember the others.

I don't know, but at least they used another song besides Bohemian fucking Rhapsody for this one. I'm a huge Queen fan, but I could go the rest of my life without ever hearing that, "We Will Rock You," or "We Are the Champions" again.

Buy, yeah, I think (and I could be wrong about this) each song's royalty rights is held by whoever is credited as having written the song. I remember an interview with Freddie where he said that basically whoever came up with the riff got the credit, and they divided royalties based on who got credit.

However, in the late 80s (it was either with The Miracle or A Kind of Magic), they decided to credit everything to Queen, so they all owned a share of the royalties.

Assuming my facts aren't all fucked, that would mean that the estate of Freddie (which, I believe, is managed by Jim Beach) owns the rights to "Bohemian Rhapsody" and "Don't Stop Me Now."

• Like 2

I also went through a wanting to be a witch phase because of Charmed and Sabrina!

I was more of a fan of Prue's powers than Piper's. Probably because I just wanted to move shit with my mind. Phoebe did kinda get the raw end of the power stick though.

Anyone else starting to think tayloranne and EllenM are basically the same person living in different countries?

• Like 4

I don't know, but at least they used another song besides Bohemian fucking Rhapsody for this one. I'm a huge Queen fan, but I could go the rest of my life without ever hearing that, "We Will Rock You," or "We Are the Champions" again.

Buy, yeah, I think (and I could be wrong about this) each song's royalty rights is held by whoever is credited as having written the song. I remember an interview with Freddie where he said that basically whoever came up with the riff got the credit, and they divided royalties based on who got credit.

However, in the late 80s (it was either with The Miracle or A Kind of Magic), they decided to credit everything to Queen, so they all owned a share of the royalties.

Assuming my facts aren't all fucked, that would mean that the estate of Freddie (which, I believe, is managed by Jim Beach) owns the rights to "Bohemian Rhapsody" and "Don't Stop Me Now."

On a somewhat related note, TODAY is the 30th anniversary of the release of "Highlander", which like several other movies (I'm looking at YOU, "Iron Eagle" and "Flash Gordon") is perfectly okay, but not nearly as great as the Queen music contained within!

• Like 3

hardcore henry looks as nuts as crank

it looks nuts. and technically amazing too. cant wait ... prob need to bring a sick bag though

Idk If you guys have seen these but Ill share them anyway... These are 2 russian music videos from the same guys that have now made "Hardcore Henry" (2016) Its a 2 part story...

Warning R rated NSFW

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QYm-dT24iRY

On a somewhat related note, TODAY is the 30th anniversary of the release of "Highlander", which like several other movies (I'm looking at YOU, "Iron Eagle" and "Flash Gordon") is perfectly okay, but not nearly as great as the Queen music contained within!

OH SNAP! Good call, PlanB! I bet you have inside you blood of kings!

• Like 3

thinking about it all in after thought. there is only one tvshow that has gotten it all right when it comes to modern day vampires there can only be one. True blood.

But don't take my word for it. let's ask an expert.

Shepard Smith

• Like 1

I prefer Piper's because I didn't know that Prue also did astral projection at times in the show. She did in some of the novelizations but I didn't consider that necessarily canon. Paige wins because it's orbing and telekinesis combined although the responsibility of being a Whitelighter is not my bag. Phoebe was such a scrappy to me, she just kept getting more and more powers that I was like "Seriously, how much is Alyssa Milano paying you?"

Oh I totally remembered Prue doing that! It wasn't something she could do at first and I definitely remember it not being as cool as Paige's orbing.

• Like 1

Anyone else starting to think tayloranne and EllenM are basically the same person living in different countries?

ahahahahahahaha i have no idea what you are talking about!

xRmN4_f-maxage-0.gif

• Like 6

I don't know what you mean

giphy.gif

• Like 5

That reminds me of a couple years back when they tried to make a Highlander video game. You would play a member of the McCloud family because apparently a single family can just fire out immortals like there is no tomorrow. Of course, this being Highlander it basically gave a middle finger to prior canon by having the player have various magical powers as they attempt to fight other immortals. A cool thing about it though was since he could only die by decapitation, the player would have to put the character through usually deadly things like electrocution or high falls in order to solve certain puzzles. Unfortunately it stalled in production and was cancelled two years after its announcement.

thinking about it all in after thought. there is only one tvshow that has gotten it all right when it comes to modern day vampires there can only be one. True blood.

But don't take my word for it. let's ask an expert.

Shepard Smith

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rYoOQVJQ6xc

I could not have imagined how much I enjoyed that video. It warmed my heart to hear his earnestness. It makes me feel as happy as this baby polar bear.

giphy.gif

giphy.gif

giphy.gif

• Like 5

ahahahahahahaha i have no idea what you are talking about!

xRmN4_f-maxage-0.gif

For the past few weeks I've been binge watching "The League." on Netflix since I'd never seen it before, and I'm currently in the middle of the 5th season... I can see why Jason gets his quotes from that show cat called at him constantly. Jesus Christ. CROTCHO DEL FUEGO!!

While Rafi is fucking hilarious, he's not my favorite character though. Jenny is. She's such a great Female character I can relate to.

Also On the Subject of Charmed, I related most to Phoebe, especially after she turned out to be a Empath, since I've always had anxiety inducing levels of Empathy.

• Like 3

Also On the Subject of Charmed, I related most to Phoebe, especially after she turned out to be a Empath, since I've always had anxiety inducing levels of Empathy.

I was more of a fan of Prue's powers than Piper's...

I prefer Piper's...

So does this mean what I think it means?

giphy.gif

• Like 2

I watched The Covenant last Thursday, and I wish I could say I remembered anything about it. I guess this movie cast its own special spell on me...

Tumblr_mxadblpgUv1rwhxhro5_r1_250.gif

it's the magic spell called "perfect abs" once they cast that on you, you are locked in.male witches do that. I know male vampires do that on true blood. Maybe it's the same spell.

• Like 1

giphy.gif

Side note, it was super difficult to find a gif of the original Power of Three. The internet hath spoken and they prefer Rose McGowan and Billy Zane

giphy.gif

• Like 1

Cameron H, you can also try that trick yourself if you have perfect abs. next time your at best buy and the sales person doesn't go down on the price. just start taking your shirt off and asking him what the price is now.

• Like 2

congrats to june and paul. another member of the HDTGM family on the way ...yeahhhhhhhhh

giphy.gif

• Like 5

Cameron H, you can also try that trick yourself if you have perfect abs. next time your at best buy and the sales person doesn't go down on the price. just start taking your shirt off and asking him what the price is now.

"Perfect" is such a subjective term, but I will say I tried this and they couldn't wait to get me out the door. The trick is to never drop eye contact.

I also went through a wanting to be a witch phase because of Charmed and Sabrina!

I was more of a fan of Prue's powers than Piper's. Probably because I just wanted to move shit with my mind. Phoebe did kinda get the raw end of the power stick though.

(Raises Hand)

I, too, went through a Witch Phase.

But mine was due to being obsessed with The Craft. Although, I did dig Charmed a lot. I was all about Prue's powers.

Great, now I have Love Spit Love's version of "How Soon Is Now?" stuck in my head.

• Like 1

I've seen this trailer a couple times now ahead of various movies (I think the first was Daredevil, maybe?), and I have to wonder how quickly the first person gimmick is going to get old.

It looks like a movie that exists just to be a montage of action-y violence, and I'll probably see it because of that, but at the same time, it kind of feels like watching someone else play a video game. Which, as we all know, is what everyone loves about vidya games.

Edit: I was talking about the new season of Daredevil with my friend when I wrote this. I totally meant Deadpool.

I really want to see this, but I got queasy just watching the trailer before Deadpool.

What a shame because it looks bananas.

• Like 1