🔒 The Earwolf Forums are closed Read more... ×
Sign in to follow this  
DreamingStarkly

Bad Lieutenant: Port of Call New Orleans (2009)

ya there is a great part in the trailer where he does a line of coke, is he acting or is he just doing a line of coke.LOL will we ever know forsure..

The Film Vault Podcast host Anderson is a big Werner Herzog fan and had his other movie on their top 5 most disturbing episode. That movie was called Irreversible. Anyone see that movie?

The Film Vault Podcast host Anderson is a big Werner Herzog fan and had his other movie on their top 5 most disturbing episode. That movie was called Irreversible. Anyone see that movie?

Werner Herzog had nothing to do with "Irreversible." Gaspar Noe directed that one.

Werner Herzog had nothing to do with "Irreversible." Gaspar Noe directed that one.

I think it's the CHUD Show podcast that actually uses his name as a verb when describing scenes in a movie where someone's head just gets caved in. "That dude totally just got Gaspar'd".

You know what all the other movies below this post don't have that this one does?

Nic Cage

If the previos post doesn't persuade everyone including Paul Jason and June, that this movie needs to be done, I don't know what will!

I broke and watched this film last night, FIVE STARS! lol kidding. It's kinda funny because it starts out like anaconda with snakes in water swimming around. cage proves he's a southern gentleman and you can really tell that from his outrageous New orleans accent... you can clearlly tell he spent a lot of time in new olreans working on it too. matter of fact no one in this movie even talks like they are from the big NO. I should know as I spent some time there. The best part of this movie is Cages gun. he's caring in his pants, this hand cannon that for the life of me how it never falls out onto the floor and goes off and shoots someone is beyond me. he's got the most ridiculousness gun I've ever seen and the way he mindlessy keeps it in his pants just blows my mind. like you would never notice a big heavey gun in your pants.

they should make this into a weekly cop show. each week nic cage solves a crime by doing a lot of coke and stealing evidence. it's a win win.

Please do this movie next. it's so worth the time.

if you have not seen this film yet, what are you waiting for.

Is it weird that I was slightly disappointed that this movie wasn't CRAZIER? I didn't see it until about a year ago, and that was after a couple years of hearing how batshit insane it was. As it turns out, it's actually a pretty decent movie, not a trainwreck like I expected, and it's just Cage that's bringing all the crazy. Still, it'd be a good pick for the show.

He's fucking a hooker and stealing blow while making the John watch, that's not crazy enough for you?

I would say that the only way that they should do this movie would be with Werner Herzog as guest and do it with as much respect and adulation as possible. This man made some amazing films (Aguirre is one of my all time favorites) and since the majority opinion of this movie is positive, it would seem out of place to rip it to shreds and question its existence.

If you have seen Herzog films other than this and Grizzly Man you'll recognize that Herzog has a tendency to make films where the main character is or is going nuts. In this sense, this movie is perfectly in line with his other films.

Lando, I disagree, they have done plenty of movies that have directors, actors, DP's, producers etc, that have done some amazing things in cinema, with that said, everyone makes mistakes and if you can't laugh at your mistakes then you shouldn't be in entertainment in the first place

I would hardly call this movie a mistake. I think Herzog knew exactly what he was doing when he chose Cage for this movie and got exactly what he wanted. Seriously, go watch some of Herzog's movies with Klaus Kinski (especially Aguirre and Fitzcarraldo, and then for extra effect watch Klaus Kinski Is My Best Friend to get a feel for how nuts Kinski was)

I would say that the only way that they should do this movie would be with Werner Herzog as guest and do it with as much respect and adulation as possible. This man made some amazing films (Aguirre is one of my all time favorites) and since the majority opinion of this movie is positive, it would seem out of place to rip it to shreds and question its existence.

If you have seen Herzog films other than this and Grizzly Man you'll recognize that Herzog has a tendency to make films where the main character is or is going nuts. In this sense, this movie is perfectly in line with his other films.

If they are going to interview Herzog, then Jason is going to have to shoot him halfway through the interview, because Herzog is that much of a MAN.

I've never seen either of those, but know I will def watch bc I liked this movie a lot

• Like 1

I would hardly call this movie a mistake. I think Herzog knew exactly what he was doing when he chose Cage for this movie and got exactly what he wanted. Seriously, go watch some of Herzog's movies with Klaus Kinski (especially Aguirre and Fitzcarraldo, and then for extra effect watch Klaus Kinski Is My Best Friend to get a feel for how nuts Kinski was)

I'd agree this movie is definitely not a mistake, particularly considering Herzog was at the helm. That said I still can't entirely wrap my head around what it's supposed to be. I think it is perhaps supposed to be a parody of some kind, or at least some kind of absurdist story. Either way though it was wonderfully and delightfully crazy, and while intentionally so it still is so unusal the question still applies as to, "How was it possible for anyone to make a movie like this."

Please, please do an episode on this movie. It is, by a generous margin, the most ridiculous of the Ridiculous Cage movies.

No.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uGwb9kWRrT4

Also, how has this thread gone on this long without anyone suggesting Paul F. Tompkins doing Werner Herzog as the guest??? I think this movie deserves that level of meta experience.

• Like 3

Also, how has this thread gone on this long without anyone suggesting Paul F. Tompkins doing Werner Herzog as the guest??? I think this movie deserves that level of meta experience.

Paul is very funny and very talented, but I usually skip Doug Loves Movies episodes with schtick guests. It's a lot to fill an entire hour with those impressions and it gets old after a little bit IMO.

• Like 1

I've never listened to DLM but I can see your point. But at the same time, if they were ever going to try it, it might as well be with this insane movie and a comedian that is popular on this network who happens to do a good impression of the director.

Maybe Paul as himself, occasionally doing his impression? He does do a great impression.

I think that's perfect, considering PFT and the Smurfs debacle. He does a great, fun Herzog impression. Because there's no way they'd actually be able to get the real Herzog here.

This is a crazy movie. It'd make for a good episode, I think. As an aside, while I enjoy Herzog's documentaries (Cave of Forgotten Dreams in 3D was amazing; it's streaming on Netflix now) I really wish he'd do some more fictional/narrative movies. Because the man can make some serious fucking cinema, he's beaming into an alternate realm that few artists are tapping into right now. I think he's my favorite filmmaker, just for how visceral all of it is.

Sign in to follow this