🔒 The Earwolf Forums are closed Read more... ×
Sign in to follow this  
JulyDiaz

Episode 294 - A Week for Solutions

Actor and comedian Paul F. Tompkins (SPONTANEANATION with Paul F. Tompkins) joins Howard and Kulap once again for this week's episode of Who Charted. They take to Periscope to talk bad band names while counting down Esquire's Top 5 Songs of the Summer, and Howard explains why animals should just stay animals during the Movie Chart. Later, Stard hops in for Two Charted where we hear why Who Charted isn't in Bora Bora and the story behind "drill videos."

Make sure to buy Howard's new album, Oculus Summah, at https://howardkremer.bandcamp.com.

Car Seat Headrest are fucking brilliant

• Like 2

Car Seat Headrest are fucking brilliant

I came to say the same thing. I won't say they are Summah songs and I can't defend the name but Car Seat Headrest is my favorite band going right now.

I wish they could bottle and sell the feeling of having PFT on Who Charted. It is perfect.

• Like 4

God I've been missing PFT. Also, I replayed him saying 'Pikachuuu' at least 6 times. 20:02 if anyone is interested...

• Like 3

Also I'd just like to put it out there that I think Leftover Salmon is a worse band name than Car Seat Headrest.

Can anyone top that?

I assume Matt Gourley is the source PFT is looking for from Mr. Morris during the conversation about the adaptation by cats to sound like human babies. Mr. Gourley speaks to his cat, Margeaux the Fat Guy, about it in a special end-segment, I Was There Mew, on episode 13 of I Was There Too.

Also I'd just like to put it out there that I think Leftover Salmon is a worse band name than Car Seat Headrest.

Can anyone top that?

I have to say I like both

• Like 1

I have to say I like both

OK I'm going to need an example of a band name you don't like to get my bearings.

I assume Matt Gourley is the source PFT is looking for from Mr. Morris during the conversation about the adaptation by cats to sound like human babies. Mr. Gourley speaks to his cat, Margeaux the Fat Guy, about it in a special end-segment, I Was There Mew, on episode 13 of I Was There Too.

Ha.

and

PFT is the best.

• Like 1

PFT is truly the best. He makes every podcast better.

• Like 1

Chance the Rapper's song is about how horrible crime gets in Chicago during the summer (the entire hook is "Summer friends don't stay/ Summer friends don't stay around"). It's not the first song he's made that references this, in "Pusha Man/ Paranoia" he closes out the song by singing "cause everybody dies in the summer/ Wanna say your goodbyes, tell them in the spring/ I heard everybody's dying in the summer/ So pray to God for a little more spring".

I'm not surprised in the least that Howard wasn't into it. definitely not a "Summah" song.

That was the best music chart in years. Car Seat Headrest is amazing. Chance the rapper s new album is the shit. Howie and co. are so bored now, they're missing out. Those albums are on my best if list

Oh, and that Tegan and Sara pop album is brilliant

The Tegan and Sara song was the only song on the chart I thought should have been on there.

I sent this to Howard on Twitter but maybe he didn't see it. If you're looking for "summer" songs, you can't get more summer than this:

Lots of butthurt music nerds in here. The point was these aren't Summah songs. the real beef is with Esquire.

• Like 2

That reminds me, the riff on pop music deriving its name from the phrase "Ay, papi!" was amazing.

• Like 2

Lots of butthurt music nerds in here. The point was these aren't Summah songs. the real beef is with Esquire.

Not butthurt in the slightest.

• Like 1

Watched the Periscope of this; great episode.

Whose account was it on?

Edit: jk, spent 2 seconds thinking about it and found the answer on my own. There is an Earwolf Periscope account.

Yeah I don't think anyone is upset about anything. I loved hearing one of my favorites bands discussed on one of my favorite podcasts. PFT's exasperation over the name Car Seat Headrest was awesome.

Sign in to follow this