🔒 The Earwolf Forums are closed Read more... ×
Sign in to follow this  
mrbs

Letterboxd Links

Thanks for compiling these!

Letterboxd is really a great way to track what you're watching and remember things you want to watch - I always kept forgetting, specially if they were older or more obscure titles.

• Like 1

Thanks for compiling these!

Letterboxd is really a great way to track what you're watching and remember things you want to watch - I always kept forgetting, specially if they were older or more obscure titles.

Agreed! I've always liked Letterboxd for that reason. It's great if you're ever in that situation where someone's like "seen anything good lately?", and you're thinking "oh there was that one thing a couple months ago... what was it again?" (or maybe that's just me)

Plus reviews and silly themed lists, or ranking your fave movies/directors/cinematographers/key grips.

v v v incidentally, mine has always been hiding down here v v v

• Like 1

Yeah, I've become pretty much obsessed with Letterboxd since hearing about it on another podcast (Film Junk) about 4+ years ago and the obsession really hasn't waned much at all since. It's a great site to create your own little private watchlists or just get random recommendations from friends. Also, a decent amount of podcasters and/or critics are on there as well like Adam & Josh from Filmspotting, David Ehrlich, Matt Singer, Scott Tobias, Tasha Robinson plus about a dozen other people from lesser known podcasts I listen to.

It's nice to add a few others to my follow list now.

So...I started getting into The Canon in December (going back and listening to past episodes, seeking out new movies then listening to new episodes) and it really got me into a groove. So I started a fun little challenge of a Movie A Day. The goal to get to 366 movies for 2016 (I'm at 346). That's not THAT interesting, but listening to the episode and finding these new movies, plus hearing them discuss other films for me to seek out, or finding a new director and watching all their stuff...I've really expanded my horizons this year and it's all due to The Canon. I really appreciate that. And I'll keep an eye on all of your letterboxd accounts for new movies too.

So I started a fun little challenge of a Movie A Day. The goal to get to 366 movies for 2016 (I'm at 346).

I did this last year! It was quite a challenge, I would often fall behind and have to watch multiple movies on a Saturday (i think my record was 6), but i totally agree that it expands one's horizons. It also got me in the habit of watching multiple movies a week and logging them on letterboxd and now i can't stop (not that i'm complaining).

I did this last year! It was quite a challenge, I would often fall behind and have to watch multiple movies on a Saturday (i think my record was 6), but i totally agree that it expands one's horizons. It also got me in the habit of watching multiple movies a week and logging them on letterboxd and now i can't stop (not that i'm complaining).

me too! I've had a few four movie days :) My letterboxd is just for this year.

• Like 1

I'll throw mine into the mix, too: http://letterboxd.com/StickmanCinema/

Although I haven't been the most active poster on this forum (the most activity I've generated was starting the "Is Devin a racist?" poll and thread) I really enjoyed reading the interactions between fellow film fans. And though this may mark the end of The Canon podcast, let's try and keep the community strong.

I did not know what Letterboxd was but apparently I've been using my Facebook as one for awhile. I feel bad for all the innocents I've forced to look at my walls of text prattling on about Cat People, now.

I did not know what Letterboxd was but apparently I've been using my Facebook as one for awhile. I feel bad for all the innocents I've forced to look at my walls of text prattling on about Cat People, now.

I didn't either until all this happened. Feel free to join us. I like hearing your thoughts.

Sign in to follow this