🔒 The Earwolf Forums are closed Read more... ×
Sign in to follow this  

I really can't even describe how much joy it would bring me to see this movie get discussed on this podcast. Its one of those movies that was made to be covered on shows like this.

• Like 1

Worth it just to hear the behind the scenes stories that Blake Harris could dig up.

Peter Hyams is a great old school filmmaker (2010, Running Scared, Outland, Van Damme's best films) and it would be awesome to hear him unload on the production troubles.

He was featured prominently in the incredible OJ doc, Made in America, and you can tell he wouldn't hold back.

This movie was made to covered on podcasts just like this. Its fucking terrible but so much goddamn fun to watch in a group.

This is one of those movies where the budget is so high and the end product is so fucking awful, if there was ever a legal case that someone in production was embezzling money they could show this movie as evidence. 

Starring Ben Kingsley

My friend and I went to see this in the theater knowing nothing about it except it was billed as a sci-fi thriller. We were laughing within 5 minutes and didn’t stop laughing until the end, and it is NOT a comedy. It was so spectacularly bad, we recommended it to everyone we knew just so they could have the same amazing experience we did. It was 2005, but the special effects were straight out of 1985! Please do yourselves a favor and watch this movie. And I dare you to try to take it as seriously as the filmmakers intended.

I concur this movie has to be covered! I know there were issues with production and such but I still don't know how it wound up costing $80 million when it looks like it was made for less than $8 million. There had to be SyFy original movies from 2005 with similar effects. Especially the cars, the boxy cars!

Could talk for hours on how time travel and time waves work, how there is a whole government agency designated to literally one time travel machine and just one person from that agency who is actually on-site. Yes, Ben Kingsley and his hair and goatee and all of the other wooden acting that is included. Plus early David Oyelowo, who somehow escaped from this and became a legitimate actor.

I am sure they can talk all about baboon-lizard creatures and catfish human hybrids and the weird golden pathway that inexplicably appears when traveling back in time.

Plus there was a Game Boy Advance game of this, what? https://www.amazon.com/Sound-Thunder-Game-Boy-Advance/dp/B00006IKCM

Please do this movie on the podcast and then have a decent filmmaker remake this movie properly as I love time travel and Ray Bradbury and it deserves much much better than this.

Great work guys, it will be covered!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Thank god. As fucking terrible as this movie is at least Ben Kingsley was a bit of life, Edward Burns has negative charisma in this movie. He somehow manages to be one of the worst aspects of a movie that has laughable visual effects, a ludicrous script and Ben Kingsley's fucking awful wig. 

I am assuming this show got cancelled and wasn't recorded in studio. I certainly hope they reschedule it, as it really does need to be covered. 

Ben Kingsley's career is so interesting to look through after he won an Oscar. Outside of a few standout performances like Sexy Beast, Schindler's List, and Bugsy, the bulk of his career have just been of the awful camp. You have Species, What Planet Are You From?, Thunderbirds, Suspect Zero, Bloodrayne, and War Inc, though the latter has one of my favorite scenes in a movie where John Cusack is "fighting" a motorized wheelchair bound Kinglsey by simply side stepping him, causing Kingsley to chide him and yelling at him "fight me like a dude, man."

• Like 2

He seems like a dude who has a really good sense of humor. And he probably has the Samuel L. Jackson approach where he will take any role as long as he gets his minimum met.

Theres never a movie he's in where he doesn't appear to understand the movie he's making, good and bad. 

15 hours ago, MacGruber said:

Please cover this movie! 

It was scheduled for the live show in mid-March right as COVID was hitting. Hopefully whenever they get back to live shows they put it back on the schedule, as A Sound of Thunder should have been done in the first 10 HDTGM episodes, its soooooo wild and has dozens upon dozens of plot holes/inconsistencies.

I own the DVD. It's one of my favorite bad movies. The fact that this was scheduled means I will die a sad man if this doesn't happen. I might have even saw this in a theater but I don't remember. I've always been fascinated by big budget scifi/horror/action genre films of this nature.

• Like 1

Sign in to follow this