🔒 The Earwolf Forums are closed Read more... ×
Sign in to follow this  
Cameron H.

HDTGM Classics - Live "Posting" Group

I won't be available to host next Friday (7/21), so if someone can jump in, please do so!

It sounds like a lot of others are going to be able to make it, so I wouldn't want to mess it up if others can't go next weekend. I could do next Friday (although it sounds like Cameron can't), but I couldn't do the 28th.

Worst case, I can watch and post in the thread afterwards. I'm sure the conversation will continue for a while.

• Like 3

Quick question: What do you all prefer, creating a new thread for this or posting on the old episode threads?

Personally, I'm on the side of new threads since we wouldn't be, strictly speaking, commenting on the episode so much as the movie itself. Plus, if we keep this up a regular basis, eventually we'll run into threads that are more heavily posted upon which might be confusing to people just lurking the threads to see what people said about a past episodes. I also like branding this as it's own thing - related, but distinct.

However, I'm open to whatever. I just wanted to get other people's opinions.

Thanks! :)

• Like 4

Very sorry to hear about your job, Fister. I agree a week's notice in future would be good - in this first occasion, however, i'd suggest that we have more than enough interested parties for a soft open, that we could use this as a test run. I'm only mostly sure I can be on the live viewing, but I am definitely going to watch later and catch up in the thread. So maybe we stick with plan A this week and give a bit more notice next time?

I was on team 'old thread' but I like the logic of team 'new thread'. Do as thou wilt!

• Like 4

How about every 2nd Friday of the month? Or, if people are interested in doing it more often, we can do it every Friday there's a mini-episode.

I like the once a month idea. Gives me time to keep up with the actual episodes and the musical mondays as well as any others I'm trying to fit in lol.

• Like 4

I like the once a month idea. Gives me time to keep up with the actual episodes and the musical mondays as well as any others I'm trying to fit in lol.

That's fine. I was just being over zealous :)

• Like 2

Weekly! Daily! Every lunch hour!

Sorry, I just like hanging out with you guys...

giphy.gif

• Like 2

Next week works for me, but the 28th might not but I won't know for sure until sometime next week.

I like the idea of having a set time every month like the second Friday. If it goes really well maybe do some non-HDTGM movies on the off weeks for people interested and just not have a thread for them here.

• Like 2

Sorry, I just like hanging out with you guys...

giphy.gif

There was zero snark in my post: I'd be up for as much as you'd like. It's way less depressing than the solo back catalogue catch-up that some of us are doing. I watched Theodore Rex and no one else was there to share my pain. THEODORE REX.

• Like 5

Very sorry to hear about your job, Fister. I agree a week's notice in future would be good - in this first occasion, however, i'd suggest that we have more than enough interested parties for a soft open, that we could use this as a test run. I'm only mostly sure I can be on the live viewing, but I am definitely going to watch later and catch up in the thread. So maybe we stick with plan A this week and give a bit more notice next time?

Definitely. Even though I have all these new, unexpected free time, my weekends are usually booked up unless I make an effort to not do so. A week's notice is usually plenty.

But, again, if I can't make it, I'm just gonna shitpost at the end of the thread whenever I get a chance. I imagine they'll be like the MM threads that just keep going even beyond us talking about the movies.

Also, I'm Team New Thread. I think it makes the most sense since they're going to be their own thing, and we won't have to worry about it looking weird for someone reading it when we mention something that was posted in the original thread.

How about every 2nd Friday of the month? Or, if people are interested in doing it more often, we can do it every Friday there's a mini-episode.

I'm down the 2nd Friday idea. Let's give it a try and see how that works for people, and if we want to add a second weekend per month later, we can do that.

(And thanks for all your kind words about the job sitch.)

• Like 5

Sign in to follow this