🔒 The Earwolf Forums are closed Read more... ×
Sign in to follow this  
katie_j

Hollow Man

Hollow Man with Kevin Bacon and Elizabeth Shue. With Elizabeth Shue as a guest.

Need I say anymore?

This needs to be on the show. Utter garbage. This show has not given Bacon the attention he deserves. Seven degrees of terrible.

Hollow man is pretty bad if you want to really delve into the character motivations. Bacon is best HDTGM material in Tremors though.

I saw this movie based on the Oscar nomination it received for Best Visual Effects, and they are pretty amazing, but the story and the acting in Hollow Man was so crappy.

Yeah, the effects when he's turning invisible and you see the musculature and circulatory systems are very cool and gruesome. But the story is pretty crappy -- I don't get why turning invisible makes you a creepy insane pervert.

Wait, I guess I do understand it. In any case, this is way more rapey than Blurred Lines. Not sure if it's good HDTGM as it's a pretty one-note horror movie, really. If Bacon is to be served, I agree with the person above who nominated Tremors; that would be a lot more fun.

I don't think Tremors would be any fun unless you approached it from a Crank/F&F angle.

I don't think Tremors would be any fun unless you approached it from a Crank/F&F angle.

I guess that's the wavelength I was on. I mean, Kris Kristofferson and Reba McEntire, two people who probably don't have any business acting, are shooting the shit out of a sandworm from Dune? Super ridiculous and funny.

I guess that's the wavelength I was on. I mean, Kris Kristofferson and Reba McEntire, two people who probably don't have any business acting, are shooting the shit out of a sandworm from Dune? Super ridiculous and funny.

I'm pretty sure Kris Kristofferson is not in Tremors. That would have been amazing though.

I'm pretty sure Kris Kristofferson is not in Tremors. That would have been amazing though.

Goddammit, I need more caffeine. My memory is absolutely terrible; I await the singularity with bated breath.

BUT! Reba McEntire and the Dad from Family Ties are an even better couple, right?

Goddammit, I need more caffeine. My memory is absolutely terrible; I await the singularity with bated breath.

BUT! Reba McEntire and the Dad from Family Ties are an even better couple, right?

But then how much better would it have been if it was Reba McEntire and Tina Yothers as a lesbian gun-loving couple?

• Like 2

"Hollow Man" had one of THE dumbest groups of smart people in it that I've ever seen. It feels like an earlier draft of the script may have had it set in a high school biology class or something, but then it was made into a top secret government thing with the nation's best and brightest, and they never bothered to change the characters, because for a bunch of people working on creating invisibility, man, they are fucking stupid. Kevin Bacon is practically Jason Voorhees, and the other doctors may as well be camp counselors.

Hey, Kev, who's already an asshole, has been acting pretty weird since he went all invisible and stuff. We don't need to keep an eye on him or anything. Wait, what? He's gone legit crazy, people are dying, and no one knows where he is? Let's talk shit about him and plan his demise and not make sure the room is clear first or anything, because he wouldn't be sitting in here right next to us. Nope...

Yeah, the effects when he's turning invisible and you see the musculature and circulatory systems are very cool and gruesome. But the story is pretty crappy -- I don't get why turning invisible makes you a creepy insane pervert.

Wait, I guess I do understand it. In any case, this is way more rapey than Blurred Lines. Not sure if it's good HDTGM as it's a pretty one-note horror movie, really. If Bacon is to be served, I agree with the person above who nominated Tremors; that would be a lot more fun.

I guess there is a suggestion that dudes would use their invisibility strictly to attempt to rape women. The movie never really establishes this, but I think what they were going for was that invisibility resulted in loss of identity and his id took over. This film probably set the social view of invisible men back 20 years.

• Like 2

In fairness, I believe it's suggested in the original novel that the invisibility drives the uhhh...invisiblee? insane. Though in the movie it seems like Kevin Bacon starts out insane in the first place, and just starts doing things he's already inclined to do.

Has anyone seen the direct-to-video sequel, where we trade in Josh Brolin and Kevin Bacon for Christian Slater and Peter Facinelli?

In the movie it seems like Kevin Bacon starts out insane in the first place, and just starts doing things he's already inclined to do.

Yes, this exactly. Like, he didn't even really require the invisibility aspect for this movie to happen. He would have acted the same in a brown-out...or a dark alley. The invisibility is almost incidental and simply there for an effects scene.

With the Matrix being released just one year prior, showing the film industry what scifi might become this new millennium, this film sends it back 10 years. I feel like this film belongs in the late 80's to early 90s level of cheese and outrageous plot.

-Crazy Kevin Bacon becoming invisible.

-Invisible moneys and other animals.

-Elisabeth Shue

-Twinkies

- Invisible Kevin Bacon literally rapes a woman...WTF.

-Kevin Bacon groping women and spying in bathrooms.

-DId I mention that invisibility is a scientific reality?

I love HDTGM, but I REALLY love this podcast when they talk about films they actually enjoy ( Crank, Furious films). Our heroes would have a great time talking about this.

In the scene where Invisible Bacon is groping the sleeping lady scientist from Treme: were her boobs CGI'd?

Sign in to follow this