🔒 The Earwolf Forums are closed Read more... ×
EvRobert

Musical Mondays Week 30 Preview (Joel_Rosenbaum’s 2nd Pick)

I bought The Wall if it's any consolation. Just finished watching it. Wow...

Me after watching The Wall...

TIRANDO-LA-TV-TELEVISION-Pink-Floyd-The-Wall-One-Of-My-Turns-vagonettas-5mb.gif

• Like 4

I just want to throw this out to the group. Apparently, Steven Spielberg' s next film will be a remake of West Side Story. My question is: why? Nothing against Spielberg, but WWS is objectively one of the best movies of all time. It would be like looking at Citizen Kane and thinking, "I could do better."

Thoughts?

Yeahhhhhh, I like Spielberg a lot, but this is a horrifically bad idea.

• Like 2

I just want to throw this out to the group. Apparently, Steven Spielberg' s next film will be a remake of West Side Story. My question is: why? Nothing against Spielberg, but WSS is objectively one of the best movies of all time. It would be like looking at Citizen Kane and thinking, "I could do better."

Thoughts?

We might actually get some Puerto Rican actors and actresses this time.

I think it might be interesting if Spielberg were to film as actual stage presentation similar to Bergman's Magic Flute. I don't think that lends to Spielberg's visual strengths but I guess it would be the most interesting update he could do.

• Like 3

We might actually get some Puerto Rican actors and actresses this time.

This is why I thought they were doing it.

I saw a photo of the casting call and they are specifically searching for Latinx people so here's fingers crossed!

• Like 2

Me after watching The Wall...

TIRANDO-LA-TV-TELEVISION-Pink-Floyd-The-Wall-One-Of-My-Turns-vagonettas-5mb.gif

I'm really glad I decided to smoke afterwards this time.

• Like 1

Just FYI: I’ve had a stomach bug all day so I probably won’t remember to create a thread tomorrow. Feel free to create one whenever. See you in a day or do.

• Like 2

Just FYI: I’ve had a stomach bug all day so I probably won’t remember to create a thread tomorrow. Feel free to create one whenever. See you in a day or do.

Hope you feel better soon!

tumblr_m414kqcOQ81qawj3y.gif

• Like 2

This is why I thought they were doing it.

I saw a photo of the casting call and they are specifically searching for Latinx people so here's fingers crossed!

That's really cool. But they'll bring back Rita Moreno to play Anita, right? I'm totally fine with an Anita that's, like, 60 years older than everyone else in the production.

• Like 2

re: WSS I'm guessing Spielberg will want to use Lin-Manuel Miranda in some aspect.

My biggest concern is that you have a story that features Latinx characters being written and directed by Tony Kushner and Steven Spielberg. Not that the original was better in that regard, but in this day and age, there is no reason for a Latinx shouldn't be involved in the creative process.

On the other hand, ever since the Anything Goes number of Temple of Doom, I've always thought Spielberg should direct a musical.

• Like 1