🔒 The Earwolf Forums are closed Read more... ×
savagesketch

Swordfish recording...

I went to a live recording of SWORDFISH over three month ago. Little surprised that it’s not up yet. Do the live shows usually take this long to be uploaded? Just curious. Thanks!

Some do and other don't. It kinda depends on if the guest is promoting something specific, or if they're trying to save the live ones for when any of the three are out of town. I know Paul mentioned in a mini-sode that he was going to Japan this month so I'm thinking we're going to get a lot of the banked live eps soon.

didn't they do like 15 live shows? that's going to take 30 weeks to get to them all. be patient

There is another topic covering Swordfish not getting released yet. I believe Dan Engler hinted that it's not likely to get released

19 minutes ago, AlmostAGhost said:

didn't they do like 15 live shows? that's going to take 30 weeks to get to them all. be patient

As the first post says, this was recorded in summer 2018. Most of the stuff from the summer 2019 tour is already out, and being released either in the order they were filmed or every other episode.

17 minutes ago, grudlian. said:

There is another topic covering Swordfish not getting released yet. I believe Dan Engler hinted that it's not likely to get released

Got a link to that? I've found some topics mentioning it, but not with Engler's comments.

sorry for not noticing this was a bumped thread from 12 months ago nor knowing that Swordfish wasn't part of this tour, please forgive me

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, CaptainAmazing said:

As the first post says, this was recorded in summer 2018. Most of the stuff from the summer 2019 tour is already out, and being released either in the order they were filmed or every other episode.

Got a link to that? I've found some topics mentioning it, but not with Engler's comments.

https://forum.earwolf.com/topic/57947-live-shows-not-yet-posted/?page=2&tab=comments#comment-300632

• Thanks 1

It was also mentioned at the Space Jam show in Chicago and it did not sound like it was going to be out. 

• Sad 1

On 11/29/2019 at 2:24 PM, Snowgimp said:

It was also mentioned at the Space Jam show in Chicago and it did not sound like it was going to be out. 

Do you remember what they said, or in what way they hinted it wouldn’t be released or why?

For anyone wondering, I brought this up again to confirm its status before writing about it on TV Tropes.

Paraphrasing Paul from the CHI show:

I’m in a show that stars Don Cheadle. Swordfish will not be released while that’s still happening.

• Like 1

Not a fan of the reasoning behind not releasing this episode. I really hope Don Cheadle is in a position emotionally where he wouldn't care about his co-star talking about a fucking terrible movie he did years and years ago on his podcast. Also its not like he's playing the role that makes this movie terrible, I think that very clearly falls into John Travolta's lap. He's in a fairly straight forward role that he performs perfectly well and unjustifiably so for how fucking awful the surrounding movie was. 

• Like 1

6 hours ago, chalkitdown said:

They finally put it up! 

Now the wait begins for the release of the holy Matrimony episode. See ya in 2022.