🔒 The Earwolf Forums are closed Read more... ×
Cameron H.

Musical Mondays Week 70 Preview (Slide Pocket’s 4th Pick)

For pick number 4, it will be about the life and disappearance of a mysterious rock musician cause it's......

Eddie and the Cruisers (1983)!

• Like 3

Hmm...I’m not seeing it anywhere. Amazon just has the second one and iTunes doesn’t have it at all.

Gonna get the Shout Factory Blu-ray which packs it with the sequel as a double feature!

Has anyone found any other options? I’ve searched YouTube, Hoopla, Netflix, Amazon, iTunes, Tubi, Freeform, and Crackle. My library doesn’t have it, and I’m personally trying to get rid of my physical media so the Amazon prices are a bit much for something I’m just going to turn around and get rid of. Any other places I can look? 

I want to watch it, but I’m kind of at a loss right now.

Michael Pare is the Streets of Fire Michael, not the Xanadu Michael, correct?

45 minutes ago, Cinco DeNio said:

Michael Pare is the Streets of Fire Michael, not the Xanadu Michael, correct?

Pare is the same guy from Streets of Fire. Michael Beck is from Xanadu and The Warriors.

• Like 2

After reading the IMDb synopsis, I'll have to see if this is similar to Juliet, Naked, which I liked much more than I expected to. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, SlidePocket said:

Pare is the same guy from Streets of Fire. Michael Beck is from Xanadu and The Warriors.

I prefer to think of them as the Barbarino character from The Greatest American Hero and Dallas from Megaforce, but you do you.

For real though, the first Eddie and the Cruisers is an underseen classic. Like a lot of films from the time I am guessing it is hard to find due to music rights. Apparently it was impossible to secure music rights in the 1980s?

• Like 1

1 hour ago, theworstbuddhist said:

For real though, the first Eddie and the Cruisers is an underseen classic. Like a lot of films from the time I am guessing it is hard to find due to music rights. Apparently it was impossible to secure music rights in the 1980s?

Both films are on Blu-ray as a double feature from Shout Factory.

Link: http://www.shoutfactory.com/product/eddie-and-the-cruisers-eddie-and-the-cruisers-ii-eddie-lives-double-feature?product_id=4198

• Like 1

3 hours ago, WatchOutForSnakes said:

After reading the IMDb synopsis, I'll have to see if this is similar to Juliet, Naked, which I liked much more than I expected to. 

I also REALLY enjoyed Juliet, Naked, but it bears little resemblance to Eddie and the Cruisers. They are very different films, not just in their plots, but also in their aesthetics and in how they treat the in-universe music.

• Like 1

13 hours ago, theworstbuddhist said:

I prefer to think of them as the Barbarino character from The Greatest American Hero and Dallas from Megaforce, but you do you.

I just wanted to make sure we were getting the better Michael, not the one Micaela Watkins describes in the Xanadu episode.  "He's a frustrated artist and I think he was cast REALLY BADLY." Jason: "You think?" (I like Michael Beck just fine in The Warriors but he is a little flat there too.)

Speaking of, the HDTGM Xanadu episode is being listened to in the first clip of this car crash video. 

• Like 2

13 minutes ago, Cinco DeNio said:

I just wanted to make sure we were getting the better Michael, not the one Micaela Watkins describes in the Xanadu episode.  "He's a frustrated artist and I think he was cast REALLY BADLY." Jason: "You think?" (I like Michael Beck just fine in The Warriors but he is a little flat there too.)

Speaking of, the HDTGM Xanadu episode is being listened to in the first clip of this car crash video. 

That video just gave me so much anxiety

• Sad 1

1 minute ago, Cameron H. said:

That video just gave me so much anxiety

I was hoping the cammer wasn't the one who crashed but no such luck. <spoiler alert>

• Like 1

7 hours ago, tomspanks said:

So, who’s gonna pick Cats in December?

I'm of the opinion the trailer looks super creepy. There's a cut floating around with the "Us" "I've got Five On It" mix and it seems way more fitting. 

• Like 3

3 hours ago, WatchOutForSnakes said:

I'm of the opinion the trailer looks super creepy. There's a cut floating around with the "Us" "I've got Five On It" mix and it seems way more fitting. 

The Cats trailer was legit disturbing. 

• Like 3

On 7/22/2019 at 1:24 PM, tomspanks said:

Terrible quality, but here’s a link dailymotion 

Just wanted to thank Tom again for this link.it was very much appreciated. The quality isn’t that bad really. :) 

• Like 2