🔒 The Earwolf Forums are closed Read more... ×
Sign in to follow this  
admin

Episode 149 — Live from SXSW 2012

This week's Comedy Bang Bang was recorded live at the South by Southwest Festival 2012 in Austin, Texas. Our guest for the prestigious affair is the one and only Tim Heidecker who shows off his prowess in comedy, music, and headwear. To comment on all the delicious cuisine Austin has to offer is Merrill Shindler, who just might have found a new best friend in Bob Ducca. And since we have Reggie Watts around to perform the theme song and music breaks, it only makes sense that we should challenge our guests to a Freestyle Rap Battle! A great big Texas-sized thank you to everyone who came out to the show!

I did not see this Bob Ducca revelation coming! This is HUGE NEWS!

• Like 3

My name is Raxo and I'm here to say

I want to hear more of Scott rapping in a terrible way

• Like 4

"Bigger, Bolder, Thicker....like my dumps".....Thats all you need to know.

Looking forward to a "Milo and Otis"-style Bob Ducca and Merrill Shindler adventure.

Poor Bob Ducca, learning after all these years he was never actually married to Scott's mother. I feel his pain. I I hope he is doing okay with this shocking news since it must surely cause stress in his life which could be bad for his health.

Also, isn't Reggie Watts technically a guest?

• Like 2

Just asked for Schindler yesterday in the "what guests would you like to see" thread. It worked!

I wasn't really feeling this episode until Bob Ducca showed up. Although, I do feel a little sad for his marriage to Gloria being a sham, he must be in a rough place right now. Maybe a night or two more at the ranch will do him some good.

Been a while since the great Bob Ducca was on the show - missed him, hope his South by South West Nile Virus clears up.

• Like 3

where are the pics?

Our lovely sxsw photographers are trying to sort through an entire week's worth of pictures, but I promise we'll have plenty very soon!!

Our lovely sxsw photographers are trying to sort through an entire week's worth of pictures, but I promise we'll have plenty very soon!!

Cool!

I just wanted to let everyone know this, because I didn't hear it pick up on the mics... but Merrill/James WAS indeed eating the ENTIRE show. It was amazing.

Was anyone else there with me at the live taping?

I just wanted to let everyone know this, because I didn't hear it pick up on the mics... but Merrill/James WAS indeed eating the ENTIRE show. It was amazing.

That's hilarious. Thanks for the insider details, Shannon!

Since the pics aren't sorted yet, I found this one on HuffingtonPost of TIm Heidecker in his Texas cowboy hat, the new Doritos "Jacked" they mentioned, and apparently a banana as well:

TIM-HEIDECKER.jpg

oooh thanks for posting that Brendan!!

The banana and Doritos are the food I previously mentioned James/Merrill eating during the show!

Those Doritos were a really big deal... they were seriously everywhere. Doritos built a giant 3 story vending machine right behind Esther's. Be prepared to hear about them on all of the live sxsw podcasts. It was a good running gag.

I haven't complained before because the guy is immensely talented, but after so many recent appearances I'm beyond Adomian overload.

The guy's unbelievable at saying things in character, just not so great at saying anything funny (I'll be generous and say he's worth two laughs a show).

And again, I get the talent part, but I don't get the popularity and constant booking. There's no other recurring comic who bores Scott more, and no one else has managed to drive off more guests in the middle of the show (2 by my counting, but I haven't been able to listen to most of his appearances all the way through, so that could be low).

I'm trying not to be mean, but James needs to get back to the farm leagues to develop a curveball or something ... and change his damn portrait.

I disagree and think a live show is a special case that shouldn't be held up next to other regular episodes anyway.

I haven't complained before because the guy is immensely talented, but after so many recent appearances I'm beyond Adomian overload.

The guy's unbelievable at saying things in character, just not so great at saying anything funny (I'll be generous and say he's worth two laughs a show).

And again, I get the talent part, but I don't get the popularity and constant booking. There's no other recurring comic who bores Scott more, and no one else has managed to drive off more guests in the middle of the show (2 by my counting, but I haven't been able to listen to most of his appearances all the way through, so that could be low).

I'm trying not to be mean, but James needs to get back to the farm leagues to develop a curveball or something ... and change his damn portrait.

I've only heard guests run away from James A's characters twice. And both times involved Tim Heidecker.

Used to think being a pretentious ass was just his schtick, but the fact that he turns into a baby when he's forced to share the stage with a character is not James A's fault.

• Like 1

Sign in to follow this