🔒 The Earwolf Forums are closed Read more... ×
Sign in to follow this  
admin

Episode 158 — Words with Friends

If you like television, you'll love this week's episode of Comedy Bang Bang! From the newly renewed NBC comedy Community, Gillian Jacobs is here to seek forgiveness for her iPhone indiscretions and give us just a taste of how she got her big television break. Also joining us is the of American Idol's Jermaine "The Gentle Giant" Jones who is using Comedy Bang Bang as the platform to tell the pure, unadulterated truth behind his departure from the Fox reality hit. How will these television superstars fair against each other in a game of Would You Rather? That's for me to know and you to find out...by listening to the podcast, that is.

They would have such beautiful children.

Earwolf community, let's mate this happen

A little bit in advance, Scott? Recording this in May 2011 was the correct bit in advance, don't misunderstand my italics.

Scott got my real name right! That makes him better than most human beings on the planet.

This would have been a great edition of Would You Rather? except Scott wrecked it by disrespectfully talking over the theme music both at the start and the finish.

• Like 3

As someone with a long running and inexplicable obsession with Michigan J. Frog, this made my day.

• Like 1

Okay, first of all, here's the story. I love that the audience has to be helped along with envisioning a 7'1" person by imagining little giraffes eating from banana trees. Immediately one of my favorite episodes - Jermaine's a great character, Gillian and Jordan definitely need to be on regularly. The story of the Aaliyah song in the car was hilarious. "I know you think you found an inconsistency in my story" leading to a hilarious explanation is Andy Dalyian in its greatness.

• Like 1

How is it that no commenters have offered to be Gillian's friend yet? Gillian, I will be your friend. I'll help you put up new lighting fixtures and I won't mind it if you suddenly quit games of Words with Friends.

two great guests! awesome episode and Jermaine kinda sounded like a mix of buffalo bill and wendy williams haha loved it

• Like 2

Another quality episode!

Started a Words With Friends game with ScottAukerman... It's ONNNNN

HAhahaha Scott is the best host!

Gillian I will not be your friend, I can't afford to waste time starting Words With Friends games that don't go anywhere, and I don't know what kind of person would quit two games!!

• Like 1

Many of Gillian's mannerisms, involuntary groans, and her general antipathy toward Scott have a decidedly Womplerian bent. I wonder if she's actually Marissa's long-lost older sister…

• Like 16

Many of Gillian's mannerisms, involuntary groans, and her general antipathy toward Scott have a decidedly Womplerian bent. I wonder if she's actually Marissa's long-lost older sister…

if marissa had been there there's no way scott would have been able to get away with pushing poor gillian around. there definitely needs to be a jacobs/wompler team up episode, imo

• Like 1

My favorite part was Scott's subtle joke when Gillian was talking about if someone sets off a firework in the woods...'does anyone hear it? Oh, I'm sorry.'. Wonderful!

How is it that no commenters have offered to be Gillian's friend yet? Gillian, I will be your friend. I'll help you put up new lighting fixtures and I won't mind it if you suddenly quit games of Words with Friends.

i would offer to be her friend but i am simply too much of a creep to earn the position. plus there are 7 million other guys wanting the position. i don't stand a chance.

Gillian - one of the best second time guests ever.

• Like 1

I wonder if Fabrice Fabrice does craft services for Idol?

• Like 4

Not sure about that, I know he does craft services on Words with Friends though.

• Like 3

Oh man, how great was this? I've been on a wicked Community kick lately (and Britta is my favorite character) not to mention Gillian's first appearance is one of my all-time favorite episodes of CBB. And Peele was amazing. Both need to be regulars.

• Like 1

Sign in to follow this