🔒 The Earwolf Forums are closed Read more... ×
Cinco DeNio

Musical Mondays Week 100 Preview (SlidePocket's Pick)

OK, this is quite the milestone! With great power comes great responsibility.  SlidePocket, whatya got?

AmusedOrangeHusky-small.gif

• Like 5

OK, it's "Laugh at Cinco DeNio" day.  I watched the movie The Crossing this weekend, about (duh) George Washington's crossing of the Delaware River on Christmas Day, 1776.  (The "spot" is less than two hours away from me.  They recreate the crossing every year.)  During the movie there is a soldier named Alex that Washington dispatches at various points to communicate to other officers.  At one point Alex and another soldier surprise and massacre four Hessian soldiers in a guardhouse to prevent them sounding the alarm about Washington's invasion.

It wasn't until the cast list came up that I realized "Alex" was Alexander Hamilton!!!  How stupid am I?!  I've only watched Hamilton how many times and Alexander becomes Washington's secretary?  Geez...

giphy.gif

• Like 4

Speaking of Hamilton, I found out this weekend that Daveed Diggs (Lafayette/Jefferson) and Jasmine Cephas Jones (Peggy Schuyler/Maria Reynolds) are in Blindspotting.  I bought the movie a year or more ago because the premise sort of interested me and it got decent reviews.  I have never watched it but it is definitely on my list for this week.

• Like 1

Blindspotting is great. It was one of my favorite movies in whatever year it came out.

• Thanks 1

Number 100, sweet! So I thought long and hard about my next pick and eventually picked something that is a little deeper compared to others. So we are going with:

Light of Day (1987) by Paul Schrader and starring Michael J. Fox, Joan Jett and Gena Rowlands. You can easily watch it for free on YouTube. 

• Like 7

I like watching game shows on the BUZZR channel.  One thing they've been showing is the Match Game/Hollywood Squares Hour.  Recently Leonard Frey has been on there.  I couldn't place the name, face, or voice, until Monday. He was Motel the Tailor in Fiddler on the Roof!  Fiddler was in 1971 and the game show was in the early 80's.   (Unfortunately he passed away in 1988 at age 49 from AIDS-related complications.

image.jpeg.4bd4ed3068e11f0cb39620ab6a5d2301.jpeg

uzLjrgo.jpg

• Like 1