🔒 The Earwolf Forums are closed Read more... ×
Cameron H.

Episode 251.1 — Minisode 251.5

Find out who invented the robot, Jason explains Jumanji 2, and more on this week’s mini episode! Paul offers up advice on the Help Line, goes through Corrections and Omissions for Breakin’ 2: Electric Boogaloo, and catches up with Jason in another Quar Chat. Plus, we announce our next movie!

Listen to the Transformers For Charity episode over at https://www.hdtgminfo.com/

Subscribe to Unspooled with Paul Scheer and Amy Nicholson here: http://www.earwolf.com/show/unspooled/

Check out The Jane Club over at www.janeclub.com
Check out new HDTGM merch over at https://www.teepubli…wdidthisgetmade
Where to Find Jason, June & Paul:
@PaulScheer on Instagram & Twitter
@Junediane on IG and @MsJuneDiane on Twitter
Jason is Not on Twitter

James Niebauer's YouTube channel California Videowork has a cut of Governor Gabbi available to stream.

I say "a cut" because the video is titled "Main Movie 10 2" and opens with an alternate wide shot of Gabbi's bakery. The Amazon Prime and Vimeo versions begin with an over-the-shoulder.

I have not watched enough of this YouTube cut to know if there are any other differences.

Link: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QekkiMNlpQo

James is also a video production tutor on Wyzant apparently.

Podcast interview with Gabrielle and James Niebauer: https://robertomoto.libsyn.com/77-gabrielle-niebauer

Screen Shot 2020-10-30 at 11.08.54 AM (1) 2-min.png

4 hours ago, Cameron H. said:

Congratulations @Elektra Boogaloo! Well deserved win! 😜

Well thank you, all and Paul. I did not expect to win because I contributed nothing to the discussion. But I also win nothing so that’s fair. 

I just listened to this after my one year post surgery cancer check up. So I did tear up which is possibly not related to my winning nothing but more because I also just got a call that all the tests and blood work came back normal. Yay me. 

• Like 10

Okay, if they did “Oh Hello” Jumanji crossover I would be very happy. Because I loved the first Jumanji, mostly because of Jack Black. 

And Jack Black has to be—mostly—the Black football player that Kevin Hart played in #1 in the second and I was NERVOUS. Because that could get racist real fast. And I was like, “oh he is actually better at it than Kevin Hart was” (because Kevin Hart was really just doing himself). 

But I was mad because I thought his character in Jumanji 1, Madison, was the real character that had the strongest arc and saved Joe Jonas and I was happy. And she is BARELY in 2. So I was pissed. Like I had to listen to the Rock do this weird Jewish stereotype voice (DeVito isn’t Jewish, is he?) and I didn’t get to see her at all. 

The Rock and Hart clearly think they are funny but they... shouldn’t be allowed. 

Karen Gillan does get fight the Hound (from Game of Thrones) with nunchucks which is kinda fun but I wish she got to kill Thanos instead. 

• Like 1

23 minutes ago, Elektra Boogaloo said:

Well thank you, all and Paul. I did not expect to win because I contributed nothing to the discussion. But I also win nothing so that’s fair. 

I just listened to this after my one year post surgery cancer check up. So I did tear up which is possibly not related to my winning nothing but more because I also just got a call that all the tests and blood work came back normal. Yay me. 

That’s wonderful to hear! When I read your Tweet, I wanted to congratulate you on your win, but I thought you might enjoy the surprise.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Elektra Boogaloo said:

Okay, if they did “Oh Hello” Jumanji crossover I would be very happy. Because I loved the first Jumanji, mostly because of Jack Black. 

And Jack Black has to be—mostly—the Black football player that Kevin Hart played in #1 in the second and I was NERVOUS. Because that could get racist real fast. And I was like, “oh he is actually better at it than Kevin Hart was” (because Kevin Hart was really just doing himself). 

But I was mad because I thought his character in Jumanji 1, Madison, was the real character that had the strongest arc and saved Joe Jonas and I was happy. And she is BARELY in 2. So I was pissed. Like I had to listen to the Rock do this weird Jewish stereotype voice (DeVito isn’t Jewish, is he?) and I didn’t get to see her at all. 

The Rock and Hart clearly think they are funny but they... shouldn’t be allowed. 

Karen Gillan does get fight the Hound (from Game of Thrones) with nunchucks which is kinda fun but I wish she got to kill Thanos instead. 

I love both of them, but yes, more Jack Black as Madison. She is the heart of the franchise (for me anyway) and her absence was sorely missed in the second. 

• Like 1

Going to a family birthday/Halloween party where my 8-year-old niece is Rey from Star Wars, my six-year-old nephew is a Minecraft or Roblox character (I forget), and my twelve—year-old nephew is Dwight Schrute.

I’m going as a magician—not as nearly as thought out.

Happy Halloween!

• Like 1

Am I losing my mind or is everyone in this movie horribly dubbed? It's like an early version of an AI was tasked with writing a movie and wrote this script after being told to make it part lesson on voting and part study in how humans interact with one another, and to make no one's voices match whoever is supposed to be talking. Also I'm waiting to hear Jason's thoughts on the friend who scraped flour off Gabbi's arm with a tortilla chip and then ate the chip.