🔒 The Earwolf Forums are closed Read more... ×
Elektra Boogaloo

Episode 255. A Very Nutty Christmas

Does anybody else think it is crazy trusting of MJH to name every cookie in her bakery after members of her family? Like to me this is just asking for somebody to straight up try and steal my identity by figuring out my mother's maiden name and my date of birth and any other information about me I happen to name a cookie.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Cam Bert said:

Does anybody else think it is crazy trusting of MJH to name every cookie in her bakery after members of her family? Like to me this is just asking for somebody to straight up try and steal my identity by figuring out my mother's maiden name and my date of birth and any other information about me I happen to name a cookie.

And why can't it be something like "Sally's Favorite Snickerdoodles" or "Kevin Loves Almonds"? Instead, we should just walk up to the counter and ask for two Sallys, straight up?  

I forgot to mention that MJH's character backstory is lifted almost entirely from Maggie Gyllenhaal's in 2006's Stranger Than Fiction. There, she plays a baker who was on track to studying law at Harvard or something but spend more time baking for the study groups than actually learning anything so she opened her own shop. Both movies have their different magical realism, but clearly Nutty Christmas is stealing from the better movie, so if you haven't seen Stranger Than Fiction yet, bump it to the top of the queue.  :)

• Like 2

So not sure if the cookie math was done in the show(haven’t finished it) but here is mine

Roughly, if a cookie recipe needs eggs it’s usually about one large egg per dozen cookies.  So 10 Dozen eggs is 120 eggs which gets you 1440 cookies.  So about one tenth of the number of eggs she needs to make 15,000 cookies.    Clearly she is bad at cookie math 

• Like 2

On 12/22/2020 at 7:04 AM, Cam Bert said:

Yes and what if you want a snickerdoodle but don’t know who it’s named after, can you still order it? 

• Like 1

I just realized some people may not be aware of this:

Get on it and watch, what will be, a lost episode!

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

14 hours ago, Cameron H. said:

I just realized some people may not be aware of this:

Get on it and watch, what will be, a lost episode!

I'm curious what the audio error is. Because they could easily rip the audio from the live show itself to edit. Not the best way to do it but certainly serviceable. If they can put out Top Dog and Theodore Rex, this should be easy. 

19 minutes ago, grudlian. said:

I'm curious what the audio error is. Because they could easily rip the audio from the live show itself to edit. Not the best way to do it but certainly serviceable. If they can put out Top Dog and Theodore Rex, this should be easy. 

Someone asked that and this was the response:

4 hours ago, Cameron H. said:

Someone asked that and this was the response:

That makes more sense. There's a lot of visual bits. I really recommend anyone watch it if they can because there a ton of things that would be classic bits.

• Like 1

On 12/24/2020 at 4:54 PM, grudlian. said:

That makes more sense. There's a lot of visual bits. I really recommend anyone watch it if they can because there a ton of things that would be classic bits.

Jessica’s text to June and her tech problems made me so happy.i love you, JSC!

and happy birthday, Jason. (Though Gish should’ve been the final cameo. That was biggest get.)

I'm about to start my end of the year binge of as money movies I've missed over the year so I can arbitrarily rank them. Any suggestions of things I should see? They don't have to be good or bad. Just whatever :) 

I feel like we're all glossing over June's hard recommendation of MIXED NUTS, which should be a movie covered by HDTGM and not a real recommendation for a fun time. That is one bafflingly brutal movie with an A-list cast. Very surprised June pushed it so hard as if it was some hidden classic. (Apologies in advance if it has been brought up and i just missed it.)

• Like 1