🔒 The Earwolf Forums are closed Read more... ×

Yellow Magic Orchestra is legit great, and Rydeen is one of their best songs. All these music videos have reminded me of one of my favorites, the Croatian keytar diva, Belinda Bedeković.

• Like 1

When Mr. Fogelnest was first describing this podcast, I remember him discussing wanting to have Eddie Deezen on. This immediately brought one piece of cinema gold up to mind: Laserblast

This film is notable for a couple of reasons. One, despite it being so reviled by and large that it ended up on MST3K, Leonard Maltin gave it 2 and one half stars, which got much mocking from Mike Nelson and his robot pals as well. Secondly, not only is it Deezen's movie debut, he also plays an antagonist and something of a bully. This is, suffice to say, a bit of a departure for Mr. Deezen.

Alas and alack, I can find no footage of Deezen in the movie that isn't from that episode of MST3K. So, perhaps in a bizarre turn of events, someday we shall hear Jake Fogelnest and Eddie Deezen discussing a clip of a man and two robots discussing the movie Laserblast. Is this not why we are alive?

• Like 1

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5IyAGpooGko

I'm trying not to just post music videos here but this one is so ridiculous. It starts off like a typical bad 80s music video, complete with a totally unremarkable song, and then at about 2:30 it gets amazing/god awful, only to end with an artistic interpretation of a gang rape.

Americathon (also known as Americathon 1998) is a 1979 American comedy film starring John Ritter, Fred Willard, Peter Riegert, Harvey Korman, and Nancy Morgan, with narration by George Carlin, based on a play by Firesign Theatre alumni Phil Proctor and Peter Bergman. Others credited in the film include Jay Leno, Meat Loaf, Tommy Lasorda, and Chief Dan George, with a musical performance by Elvis Costello. It is also terrible.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yFyVs_766S4

This is submitted by another person on Improv 4 Humans, but its still a strong contender....

This thread needs more Alexei Sayle:

• Like 1

Jake,

I just discovered your podcast and had been half composing a fawning email to you for the past 2 days while I obsessively listened to every episode. I ultimately just decided to provide you with footage of Paul Williams performing "The Hell of It" on the Nancy Drew/Hardy Boys Halloween special.

• Like 1

This movie was insane. This clip just shows how bad it is

CIA agent Jack Reynolds (Billy Ray Cyrus) has a score to settle. Five years ago, his family was slaughtered after he tried to break up an illegal arms ring. But now he's discovered the location of the gunrunner who killed his family--and he's going undercover and taking on a whole crooked town in order to get his man!

A while ago I wrote a lengthy post about "Candy Claus," which gets all of my votes for worst Christmas special ever.

http://scratchbomb.com/12/2010/holiday_horrors_candy_claus/

There is a buffet of hatability in this cartoon. But if I had to pick one moment from this steaming pile that represents why it's so bad, peep this segment, where a group of elves debates what they must do about the titular character. Samuel Beckett wished he could have displayed as much existential hopelessness as the one elf in this seen who says, in an emotionless monotone, "I don't know what to do. I give up. But something's got to be done."

The way I have described the late-1960s version of Dragnet, on the occasions that I have had to describe it, is that, in Jack Webb's view of the world, every day there were dozens of people who were dropping acid and putting dogs in ovens, and only he could stop it. The most famous episode of the show dealt with this pretty much head one, where Joe Friday and Bill Gannon confront a gentleman known as "Blue Boy." The following clip is a bit long at nigh eight minutes, but you can get the gist of it from the first couple of minutes, wherein out heroes meet the titular gentleman.

• Like 1

When I first started listening to the show, I was immediatley reminded of this amazing clip. Wendys really knew how to jazz up their new employees back in the day.

Also, they had this great "Grill Skills" training video. It starts off like any normal orientation video starring dave thomas and then at 3:23 it delves into what I guess can only be described as a fast food fever dream.

The most famous episode of the show dealt with this pretty much head one, where Joe Friday and Bill Gannon confront a gentleman known as "Blue Boy."

I have been looking for this episode forever. I knew there was a guy painted blue and there was LSD involved and I knew it was Dragnet, but the rest was hazy! God this is good!

Love the show. J Fogs. Keep up the great work.

The backstory I deduced from this is one lovely aspiring actress / singer wanted to try to get a job doing Stanley Steamer spots. Alternate backstory - this bitch loves Stanely Steamer and made a YouTube Valentine:

http://www.youtube.com/embed/-4pBMOemTZ0