🔒 The Earwolf Forums are closed Read more... ×
Sign in to follow this  
admin

Episode 182 — Repeat Your Keyword

I honestly cannot remember the last time I laughed this hard. From Stitches to "Your name is Zazu" my abs hurt by the end of this one (okay, the place where my abs should be). I'd go as far as ranking this in the top 10 episodes of Comedy Bang Bang, while we're on the subject of ranking things.

I always feel so stupid when Tim comes on. I know everyone else gets it and loves it, but I don't and it makes me feel like a comedy moron. I almost never laugh when he's on. =(

For me, this episode perfectly encapsuled what I loved about the Comedy Bang Bang TV show--hilariously mundane interviews with celebrities and hilariously insane interviews with random strangers. Tim, for my money, is a master at being hilariously mundane. He makes the most ridiculous, horrible ideas sound like the most common thing in the world. The way he describes, say, Popcorn.com (in which popcorn can be instantaneously delivered to you at any time, anywhere in the world, even on an airplane) like he's just talking about a pair of socks he just bought.

• Like 4

I always feel so stupid when Tim comes on. I know everyone else gets it and loves it, but I don't and it makes me feel like a comedy moron. I almost never laugh when he's on. =(

Tim is usually parodying the things he despises. There's a good quote from him on Duncan Trussell/Natasha Leggaro podcast about how the most damning parody is just 100% reflection. Like, this is you, you're such a joke that I just have to act like you for it to be parody.

When they made the move to LA time started doing the asshole/hollywood guy.

Works for you or it doesn't, I suppose.

I totally agree with you in some respects. As I said previously, I never got Tim's comedy until I saw it live. Then I finally got it. I think his thing needs to be seen rather then heard so I always find him a terrible guest on an audio medium.

Maybe it's just me, but for me? Tim Heidecker is not for everyone.

I had a very hard time explaining to my friends why Tim's funny before bringing them to see CBB live (Although I forgot to explain it to my very gullible friend, who spent the whole time feeling bad about laughing at him during his intentionally hack stand up), but I think sarel was right in that its easier to understand when you see him. But I don't agree in that he's terrible audibly; and do like the concept of exploiting the mundane.

For Tim, it seems like he's always trying to juxtapose this big shot Hollywood arrogance and disinterest in the interview with this horribly conceived ideas that give him no right to have such an attitude (popcorn.com , Ching Chong Matinee , this episode). I really don't like getting this introspective about what makes me laugh, but I think it's taking that context and listening to his deadpan delivery of these bizarre details and strange imagery. His funniest moment for me was probably describing how Woody Allen and Jason Alexander were 'just screaming' in laughter at his shenanigans onset of CCM. I guess my suggestion to you Lukas, is to focus less on his jokes but rather the imagery that he and his stories conjure and their absurdity; think of him as just another crazy character on this show.

• Like 7

to focus less on his jokes but rather the imagery that he and his stories conjure and their absurdity; think of him as just another crazy character on this show.

Thank you! That actually makes a lot of sense.

Gang, this memory system really works! I used to be a bit scatterbrained but now there's no way I'm going to forget that new sarbeclovs of Yekapu Zidt Zidt drop every Kagrou.

Midweek bonus episode with my favourite guest, Tim Heidecker? Talk about an unexpected boon! Thank you, our intrepid host, Dravv Limwinut.

• Like 1

I want to know more about the memory system, so please PM me if anyone can remember what "iquziqzaqum8bmem.com" translates to.

• Like 1

Scott Soccermom and guests could have done scenes from Stitches for the entire hour and I would have never stopped laughing. Such a good episode.

Just listening now, and I had to post because honestIy, the sitcom "Grace Under Fire" came to mind right before Scott and Lauren said it! Three way, maybe? Get back to me, guys.

I love these new commercials where Scott gets very angry while talking about Stamps.com

Tim is also one of my favorites and I totally agree with what Colin said about the imagery of his jokes on the show. Especially if you imagine something like a Tim and Eric sketch of them coming up with their movie list at dinner.

I just watched The Comedy and thought it was very good. I'm assuming most of the bad reviews I've seen online were written by college kids waiting for a Tairy Greene cameo or by dull people unfamiliar with awkward entertainment. Props to Tim for showing some acting chops on a level I never really knew he had.

Maybe it's just me, but for me? Tim Heidecker is not for everyone.

I had a very hard time explaining to my friends why Tim's funny before bringing them to see CBB live (Although I forgot to explain it to my very gullible friend, who spent the whole time feeling bad about laughing at him during his intentionally hack stand up), but I think sarel was right in that its easier to understand when you see him. But I don't agree in that he's terrible audibly; and do like the concept of exploiting the mundane.

For Tim, it seems like he's always trying to juxtapose this big shot Hollywood arrogance and disinterest in the interview with this horribly conceived ideas that give him no right to have such an attitude (popcorn.com , Ching Chong Matinee , this episode). I really don't like getting this introspective about what makes me laugh, but I think it's taking that context and listening to his deadpan delivery of these bizarre details and strange imagery. His funniest moment for me was probably describing how Woody Allen and Jason Alexander were 'just screaming' in laughter at his shenanigans onset of CCM. I guess my suggestion to you Lukas, is to focus less on his jokes but rather the imagery that he and his stories conjure and their absurdity; think of him as just another crazy character on this show.

I agree, I've only listened to the CBB pcast for like 6-8 months, and I'm not the biggest Tim/Eric fan, so I was weary of him when I first heard him on here. His Ching Chong matinee talks, as well as the Bad Company "FEEEEEL LIKE MAKIN LOOOOOVE" bits on this one just kill me.

I came here just now because I was in my car and feel like makin love came on, and all I could think about was Heidecker singing the shit out of it

Sign in to follow this