🔒 The Earwolf Forums are closed Read more... ×
JulyDiaz

Episode 84 — The Drunk Projectionist

On this week's episode of The Fogelnest Files, Marc Edward Heuck, Film historian, famed projectionist, and original movie geek, sits down with Jake to get into the nitty gritty of cult classic filmography. Tune in to hear a very informative discussion about the two films Jake and Marc are both equally passionate about, 'Ladies and Gentlemen, The Fabulous Stains' and 'The Rocky Horror Picture Show'. This is the Fogelnest Files at it's best and truest of heart! Don't miss out.

• Like 4

Jake: "By the way, people right now are listening to a podcast where two dudes talk about the different sound mixes of The Rocky Horror Picture Show AND I DON'T CARE!" Hilarious! :) Great show, Jake.

• Like 2

I'd just like to encourage all Fogelnest Files listeners to tweet #BringBackTheBestShow. Tom Scharpling has put out the request (of all Best Show fans, not specifically Fogelnest Files fans)!

As per this week's FF episode, it continues to be a highlight of my week! I'm loving the evolution of the show.

• Like 2

Everyone should listen to the episode of the Best Show on WFMU where Andy Zax ( the music geek from Beat the Geeks) tells maybe the worst hollywood nightmare story ever, so great, as was this episode of TFF.

• Like 1

Shit, I had no idea that Tim Curry had a stroke :(/> I was just thinking, from merely listening to his singing in the Rocky Horror trailer, how utterly remarkable his performance is in that movie. So to go from that reaction/reminder of his spectacular abilities to hearing he was bound to a wheelchair was pretty striking. I am glad to hear he is doing better though.

In any case, another wonderful episode. I adore the nerd talk about various audio/visual discrepancies. It's detail-oriented humans like these gentlemen, people who remember movies like 'American Hot Wax,' who are why we can still see 'Ladies and Gentlemen The Fabulous Stains' and 'Rocky Horror' at all, let alone in a theatrical screening. Keep it up.

Also, oh man, "Paradise Garage" and "I Do the Rock" are so good. Thank you for that.

Everyone should listen to the episode of the Best Show on WFMU where Andy Zax ( the music geek from Beat the Geeks) tells maybe the worst hollywood nightmare story ever, so great, as was this episode of TFF.

Thought about that story the whole time. Don't remember Mark as well as the others on Beat the Geeks.

I've only recently seen Shock Treatment for the first time - I enjoyed it quite a bit. I'm curious about whether Barry Bostwick, Susan Sarandon or Tim Curry were ever supposed to be involved with the film?

Also, can I request a Fogelnest Files episode on the doomed "Ayatollah" Jean Doumanian season of SNL? It's an endlessly fascinating topic to me.

I've only recently seen Shock Treatment for the first time - I enjoyed it quite a bit. I'm curious about whether Barry Bostwick, Susan Sarandon or Tim Curry were ever supposed to be involved with the film?

Also, can I request a Fogelnest Files episode on the doomed "Ayatollah" Jean Doumanian season of SNL? It's an endlessly fascinating topic to me.

All were offered "Shock Treatment" and all ended up passing.

The Jean Doumanian SNL season is truly as bad as its reputation. Absolutely worthy of a show. Would love to have on someone who was there to discuss!

• Like 1

All were offered "Shock Treatment" and all ended up passing.

The Jean Doumanian SNL season is truly as bad as its reputation. Absolutely worthy of a show. Would love to have on someone who was there to discuss!

I'm sure you could dig up Gail Matthius or Denny Dillon. I think Denny's in New York. If you can get Gilbert Gottfried on, that would be the best.

• Like 2

Howard Stern supposedly had that answering machine of the "real" Gilbert Gottried not doing "the voice" .. but Gottfried did an entire Maron WTF being sort of "real", but still doing the voice.

I'm sure you could dig up Gail Matthius or Denny Dillon. I think Denny's in New York. If you can get Gilbert Gottfried on, that would be the best.

I read somewhere - and who knows if its true - that Ann Risley changed her name to Anna, and refuses to acknowledge that she was ever on SNL if asked.

Which, I think, IS understandable given all the fucked up shit from SNL '80. ;)

If any of you care (I do!), I am listening to Mr. Heuck's commentary on 'Ladies and Gentlemen the Fabulous Stains' right now and am enjoying it thoroughly. If there was any doubt, the commentary goes way deep into the movie; it's full of film-nerd-detail and is immaculately researched. Good work!