64 replies to this topic

#41 Cameron H.

This Charming Man

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 4,102 posts
  • LocationMy Mighty Lab

Posted 29 July 2017 - 12:51 PM

Bumping this to include "sex standing up" as discussed in mini episode 167.5. Feel free to add more to this ongoing list!
Tom: Mark, I loved those licks you were doing.
Miami Connection (1988)

Miss Mona: You know, it's always a business doing pleasure with you, Charlie!
The Best Little Whorehouse in Texas (1982)

#42 joel_rosenbaum

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 540 posts

Posted 29 July 2017 - 06:19 PM

Going back to Running Man (and hopefully Freejack, eventually) : Rock star stunt casting.

#43 ironicmerman

Sentient hot dogs

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 643 posts
  • LocationNull Island

Posted 03 August 2017 - 09:53 AM

Dolph Lundgren.
Technicality. No. Down. Boo. Over.

#44 Fister Roboto

#likesanimals

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,058 posts
  • LocationAustin, TX

Posted 11 August 2017 - 09:36 PM

View Postironicmerman, on 03 August 2017 - 09:53 AM, said:

Dolph Lundgren.

Posted Image
"Fuck this fucking movie!" -Cameron H

#45 CakeBug Tranch

Loyal Tompkastaway

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,517 posts
  • LocationSchmocation

Posted 12 August 2017 - 09:05 AM

View PostFister Roboto, on 11 August 2017 - 09:36 PM, said:

%20http://www.reactiongifs.us/wp-content/uploads/2014/12/national_treasure_tropic_thunder.gif

Seconded. Ivan Drago does not care for this statement.

Posted Image
Mark: "But I thought we are all orpans." Deep Down inside, we all are, Miami Connection

Dorothy Shaw: "I like a man who can run faster than I can." Choosy, Gentlemen Prefer Blondes

No-Prize Champion
Vampire's Kiss; xXx: Return of Xander Cage; Body Parts; The Running Man

#46 Fister Roboto

#likesanimals

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,058 posts
  • LocationAustin, TX

Posted 12 August 2017 - 09:47 AM

View PostCakeBug Tranch, on 12 August 2017 - 09:05 AM, said:

Seconded. Ivan Drago does not care for this statement.

Posted Image

He's also kind of a really nice dude. I met him at a festival last year, and he was really polite to all the fans that wanted to chat with him. As part of the festival, they do a thing called "Fantastic Debates," where two people debate a movie-related topic and then box each other (the most well-known ones are Drafthouse Founder Tim League vs Keanu Reeves on whether or not Tai Chi is a "real martial art" and Elijah Wood vs Dominic Monaghan on whether or not World of Warcraft is cool).

Unfortunately, I haven't found any video from last year's debates yet, but it was between two Drafthouse employees on whether Raging Bull or Rocky IV was a better movie. Lundgren stood in the ring to be part of the Rocky IV side's crew. On the Raging Bull side, another guy ran around ran around waving an American flag and giving Lundgren the finger the whole time they were debating. Lundgren played it up like he was incredibly pissed about it. But afterwards, he was super nice and said it was some of the most fun he'd ever had.

#47 Ryan Sz

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,655 posts

Posted 12 August 2017 - 03:21 PM

If Da Brat is in your movie.
Technically a scientist
2016 DLM Challenge: 618 movies (478 new)
"I'm gonna fuck the 'Mind of Mencia' out of you!" - Paul Scheer
"Fuck you, I watched this fucking movie bro!" June Diane Raphael
"If I'm holding a baby and I say 'cunt punch,' it's gonna be pretty fucking funny." - Zouks
"How's yo dick?" - Nicole Byer

#48 ironicmerman

Sentient hot dogs

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 643 posts
  • LocationNull Island

Posted 14 August 2017 - 05:22 AM

View PostFister Roboto, on 12 August 2017 - 09:47 AM, said:

He's also kind of a really nice dude. I met him at a festival last year, and he was really polite to all the fans that wanted to chat with him. As part of the festival, they do a thing called "Fantastic Debates," where two people debate a movie-related topic and then box each other (the most well-known ones are Drafthouse Founder Tim League vs Keanu Reeves on whether or not Tai Chi is a "real martial art" and Elijah Wood vs Dominic Monaghan on whether or not World of Warcraft is cool).

Unfortunately, I haven't found any video from last year's debates yet, but it was between two Drafthouse employees on whether Raging Bull or Rocky IV was a better movie. Lundgren stood in the ring to be part of the Rocky IV side's crew. On the Raging Bull side, another guy ran around ran around waving an American flag and giving Lundgren the finger the whole time they were debating. Lundgren played it up like he was incredibly pissed about it. But afterwards, he was super nice and said it was some of the most fun he'd ever had.

Oh, I'm sure the Dolph is a good dude. He also happens to be very well-educated and probably extremely intelligent. I think he studied at MIT. He's just not someone whom I'd consider to be a solid foundation for a good movie. His delivery leaves a lot to be desired. I know English isn't his first language, but it wasn't Arnold's either. And look at how well he turned out!

#49 Fister Roboto

#likesanimals

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,058 posts
  • LocationAustin, TX

Posted 14 August 2017 - 09:34 AM

View Postironicmerman, on 14 August 2017 - 05:22 AM, said:

Oh, I'm sure the Dolph is a good dude. He also happens to be very well-educated and probably extremely intelligent. I think he studied at MIT. He's just not someone whom I'd consider to be a solid foundation for a good movie. His delivery leaves a lot to be desired. I know English isn't his first language, but it wasn't Arnold's either. And look at how well he turned out!

He's great in Rocky IV, The Expendables 2, and Don't Kill It. There are far more apt actors to pin bad movies on than Dolph.

#50 ironicmerman

Sentient hot dogs

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 643 posts
  • LocationNull Island

Posted 14 August 2017 - 10:21 AM

View PostFister Roboto, on 14 August 2017 - 09:34 AM, said:

He's great in Rocky IV, The Expendables 2, and Don't Kill It. There are far more apt actors to pin bad movies on than Dolph.

I haven't seen two of those films, but "great in Rocky IV" seems like a stretch. He has less than 10 lines and looks like very realistic wax figure when he's not throwing haymakers. I think there's a very low ceiling on his acting abilities. I agree he has some watchable performances, but nothing "great". Although to his credit, not all of his acting is as bad as what he put out in The Punisher, so he's at least a worthy candidate for Most Improved.

#51 exposednougat

• Members
  • Pip
  • 7 posts

Posted 16 August 2017 - 01:42 AM

View PostCameron H., on 30 April 2015 - 11:11 AM, said:

EDITED TO ADD: Come to think of it...why be ageist? Anytime any character raps in a movie, full stop. And, if somewhere in the course of the person's poorly busted rhyme they manage to drop their character's name, game fucking over! I can't think of a single instance where this ever came off as looking cool. My only caveat to this would be if the movie is specifically about someone becoming a rapper. If that's the case, I might give it a pass.

Maybe you just have issues with Hip Hop and Rapping in general. Is the "full stop" mean you stop watching the movie? Because, it depends on the quality of the rap and intention. Dig deeper. My friend.

#52 Cameron H.

This Charming Man

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 4,102 posts
  • LocationMy Mighty Lab

Posted 16 August 2017 - 02:08 AM

View Postexposednougat, on 16 August 2017 - 01:42 AM, said:

Maybe you just have issues with Hip Hop and Rapping in general. Is the "full stop" mean you stop watching the movie? Because, it depends on the quality of the rap and intention. Dig deeper. My friend.

That's not exactly what I said (2 years ago). "Full Stop" doesn't mean "stop watching the movie." "Full Stop" means "period." I also said in my final two sentences that if the movie is about rapping or hip hop, then it's fine. I'm saying, if you're watching a movie that has nothing to do with rapping, like, Hotel Transylvania, and Dracula starts rapping (which he does) then you're probably watching a bad movie,

I haven't gone back to check, but I think the rest of my post had to do with elderly people rapping for comedic effect. Again, the issue isn't with the rapping itself. The issue is, "look at this old person rap isn't that funny?"

But, I'll gladly withdrawal the point if you can give me a movie, that isn't about rapping or music in general, where a character starts rapping inexplicably and it comes off "cool."

Miami Connection (1988)

#53 Fister Roboto

#likesanimals

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,058 posts
  • LocationAustin, TX

Posted 16 August 2017 - 04:15 PM

View PostCameron H., on 16 August 2017 - 02:08 AM, said:

I'm saying, if you're watching a movie that has nothing to do with rapping, like, Hotel Transylvania, and Dracula starts rapping (which he does) then you're probably watching a bad movie,

But Hotel Transylvania is suprisingly decent...

#54 sycasey 2.0

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 155 posts

Posted 20 August 2017 - 08:44 AM

Animated credit sequence for a live-action movie.

#55 Jillybean

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 85 posts
  • LocationMinneapolis

Posted 29 August 2017 - 12:25 PM

Ex-fiancés.

Sorry if that was already mentioned. "Congo" and "Wicker Man" have ex-fiancés, to name a couple.

#56 Ofcoursemyhorse

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,005 posts

Posted 29 August 2017 - 07:23 PM

How about anytime someone has to film a follow up documentary attacking critics of his movie. Watched Heckler by Jamie Kennedy a few months back and was blown away at how quickly it went from an interesting discussion on hecklers in stand up comedy to Kennedy lamenting the fact that nobody "got" Malibus Most Wanted or Mask 2.

http://www.imdb.com/...yer/vi175046681

#57 Quasar Sniffer

Elitist Prick

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,137 posts

Posted 30 August 2017 - 07:32 AM

View PostCameron H., on 16 August 2017 - 02:08 AM, said:

But, I'll gladly withdrawal the point if you can give me a movie, that isn't about rapping or music in general, where a character starts rapping inexplicably and it comes off "cool."

I mean, OBVIOUSLY...
Posted Image
"Lot of duck butter here at the lake today, eh Pack?"
"Quiff city, here I come!"
- The Wraith

"I love that the demographic for this podcast is, like, college professors." - Rob Huebel

#58 Cameron H.

This Charming Man

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 4,102 posts
  • LocationMy Mighty Lab

Posted 30 August 2017 - 07:37 AM

View PostQuasar Sniffer, on 30 August 2017 - 07:32 AM, said:

I mean, OBVIOUSLY...
Posted Image

Posted Image

Point WITHDRAWN!

Miami Connection (1988)

#59 sycasey 2.0

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 155 posts

Posted 31 August 2017 - 10:25 AM

View PostQuasar Sniffer, on 30 August 2017 - 07:32 AM, said:

I mean, OBVIOUSLY...
Posted Image

Ah, but that is not inexplicable. It's a rap concert!

This is more like it:

#60 Cameron H.

This Charming Man

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 4,102 posts
  • LocationMy Mighty Lab

Posted 31 August 2017 - 11:16 AM

View Postsycasey 2.0, on 31 August 2017 - 10:25 AM, said:

Ah, but that is not inexplicable. It's a rap concert!

This is more like it:

Point reDRAWN!
Miami Connection (1988)