🔒 The Earwolf Forums are closed Read more... ×
Cameron H.

Musical Mondays-Week 6-Jesus Christ Superstar

Hold the phone! I went to wikipedia to see how old he is now and I came across this,

"Having also performed the title role in Tommy in Los Angeles, Neeley was led to reprise the title role in the film version of Jesus Christ Superstar"

From fake Jesus to real Jesus! Let's all take a moment to imagine him playing Tommy instead of Roger Daltrey.

I don't understand this. Tommy the musical opened at La Jolla Playhouse in San Diego, California, on 1 July 1992.

I don't understand this. Tommy the musical opened at La Jolla Playhouse in San Diego, California, on 1 July 1992.

Yes! Directed by Des McAnuff, Canadian asshat. He adapted it from the concept album, so clearly Ted performed it in concert back in the day.

(I dramaturged a production with Des years ago. He's a character, alright.)

I feel a large part of his preparation for this role was to look at many paintings and frescos of Jesus and really try to capture the lifeless eyes of a painting.

zj1kewotf1vgvwq8ya11_400x400.jpeg

• Like 7

I want to take a quick poll of what everyone here thinks, is Ted Neeley, handsome or not?

¯\_(ツ)_/¯

In a generically handsome sort of way I guess? If you can ignore the eyes.

zj1kewotf1vgvwq8ya11_400x400.jpeg

Bless this post.

• Like 7

(I dramaturged a production with Des years ago. He's a character, alright.)

Go on...

• Like 4

Guys. While I was writing my post over on Surf Ninjas and searching for sweet gifs to burn Cameron H. with, a song played all the way through on my iTunes, and I didn't get around to skipping it, so it just went all the way through.

Now I've just checked and it was the love theme from Spider-Man: Turn off the dark. I feel dirty.

• Like 4

Guys. While I was writing my post over on Surf Ninjas and searching for sweet gifs to burn Cameron H. with, a song played all the way through on my iTunes, and I didn't get around to skipping it, so it just went all the way through.

Now I've just checked and it was the love theme from Spider-Man: Turn off the dark. I feel dirty.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=T6PBANgwH5w

You feel dirty that you listened to it all the way through but not that you own it in the first place?

Burn, motherfucker! I don't need no stinking gifs!

• Like 4

You feel dirty that you listened to it all the way through but not that you own it in the first place?

Burn, motherfucker! I don't need no stinking gifs!

Hey! I support art! No matter how shitty that art is! And I was lured by Scott and Scott and all their talk of Bonobos, Thedge, Larry Mullen Senior's Son and Adam Claytwothousandpounds.

And no one leans on gifs more than you! Burrrrn!

61d5675dd6ad35792ae015d3a14db93c-performance1.GIF

• Like 4

Hey! I support art! No matter how shitty that art is! And I was lured by Scott and Scott and all their talk of Bonobos, Thedge, Larry Mullen Senior's Son and Adam Claytwothousandpounds.

So, then I take it you bought Surf Ninjas, too?

The poster doth protest too much, methinks...

• Like 3

So, then I take it you bought Surf Ninjas, too?

The poster doth protest too much, methinks...

I YouTubed it the same as you, I'll have you know. What was the quote you wanted to use? Maybe we can reconstruct it, hive-mind style!

• Like 3

I YouTubed it the same as you, I'll have you know. What was the quote you wanted to use? Maybe we can reconstruct it, hive-mind style!

So you don't support the arts "no matter how shitty it is." Interesting.

It was something about something being "groovy."

• Like 3

So you don't support the arts "no matter how shitty it is." Interesting.

giphy.gif

• Like 3

I wonder if Cam Bert told his mom that none of his forum friends think Ted Neeley is bangable.

You guys.

Neeley met his wife, the former Leeyan Granger, during the making of the film, Jesus Christ Superstar, in which she can be seen as one of the dancers in Simon Zealotes and King Herod's Song.

ba034d28e8b6df535889d48a15396ad4.jpg

• Like 4

giphy.gif

Do you remember if that was Tone-Loc?

Yeah, I think so. It certainly wasn't captain eyepatch or the teacher. Must be!

• Like 2

I wonder if Cam Bert told his mom that none of his forum friends think Ted Neeley is bangable.

Oh, I dunno. Get me some unleavened bread and some altar wine and I'd consider it.

• Like 6

Is it not high quality rock and roll, uhhh music?

• Like 3

Is it not high quality rock and roll, uhhh music?

Seriously, from time to time I find myself wishing U2 would release a new album on the off chance that that would make those guys restart the podcast. Absolute number 1 podcast all time for me.

Yeah I said it, even better than HDTGM...

• Like 3

Seriously, from time to time I find myself wishing U2 would release a new album on the off chance that that would make those guys restart the podcast. Absolute number 1 podcast all time for me.

Yeah I said it, even better than HDTGM...

giphy.gif

I relisten to it ALL the time & also wish U2 would come out with a new album for some more UTu2TM?

• Like 4

You guys.

ba034d28e8b6df535889d48a15396ad4.jpg

Well maybe we say he's "not" BUT she must've found Neeley:

200.gif#0

• Like 4

giphy.gif

I relisten to it ALL the time & also wish U2 would come out with a new album for some more UTu2TM?

Did you hear the episode of 'With Special Guest Lauren Lapkus' with Andy Daly, where he presented the true story of how he came up with the idea about how he wanted to pitch a podcast all about the discography of U2 from beginning to end, only to discover that Scott and Scott were just about to do the same thing themselves? He goes ahead anyway and hosts Lauren's show, calling his new show "Me 2, I'm Talking U2 2 You, Too."

• Like 4

Did you hear the episode of 'With Special Guest Lauren Lapkus' with Andy Daly, where he presented the true story of how he came up with the idea about how he wanted to pitch a podcast all about the discography of U2 from beginning to end, only to discover that Scott and Scott were just about to do the same thing themselves? He goes ahead anyway and hosts Lauren's show, calling his new show "Me 2, I'm Talking U2 2 You, Too."

Oh wow..no I haven't. I'll have to check that out.

Did he cover band member names? :P

Maybe if U2 comes out with a new album and Scott & Scott do a new ep..Andy should be their guest?

• Like 3