🔒 The Earwolf Forums are closed Read more... ×
Cameron H.

Musical Mondays-Week 6-Jesus Christ Superstar

oh my god

I wonder if I should redo the text so it's legible at icon size.

Maybe after I nap.

YOU RULE

• Like 3

Okay, I fixed up the text. It should be legible when reduced to icon size. And it's not my dumb handwriting.

69gs5w.jpg

• Like 5

Okay, I fixed up the text. It should be legible when reduced to icon size. And it's not my dumb handwriting.

69gs5w.jpg

Awesome, although I liked your handwriting.

• Like 4

Wow! What a good way to wake up with a good hardy laugh. Excellent work Jam!

What's Japanese for jellicle?

• Like 5

[insert CATS media]

うわああぁー!「ジェリクルソング」は可愛いですよ!大好きだ!

This is as good as my Japanese gets.

Srsly though, I really like it.

I do too!

Thank you. ;A; I tend to think it's pretty bad.

• Like 5

So I talked to my mom today and told her about the whole Ted Neeley, hot or not debate and this is what went down.

"So mom, last week I watched one of your all time favourite movies. Can you guess which one?"

"Anatomy of a Murder?" (side note if there is one thing my mom loves more than Ted Neeley it's crime dramas/mysteries)

"No, Jesus Christ Superstar."

"Oh I do love that one. I haven't watched it in ages you know. You gave it to me on DVD one Christmas. I wonder if Ted Neeley is still playing Jesus."

"Well, first no he's not. Second, remember how you use to have a crush on him?"

"Yes, he was so handsome. All the girls in camp had a crush on him." (she grew up in a logging camp)

"Well, there is a group of people I talk with online about movies, and we all rewatched this together. As we were talking about it I asked them if any of them thought he was handsome, and guess what they said?"

"Yes!"

"No!"

"Oh? Are these people your age?"

"Various ages. Mostly younger I believe."

"Well, handsome changes every generation. Like I see on TV these new heart throb guys and I just can't see it. Like your sister liked that boy band guy that acts now (see was thinking of Mark Wahlberg) and I didn't get that at the time either. Like I never understood why so many women loved Sean Connery and I think that's because he was before my time. It changes. For his time Jesus(Ted Neeley) was very handsome."

Afterwards we talked a bit about the movie and I asked if she had anything I should bring up with you guys about it and she just hoped that everybody enjoyed it.

• Like 7

I just wanted to thank you for the fun pick, Cam Bert!

JKLfUCH.gif

• Like 6

So I talked to my mom today and told her about the whole Ted Neeley, hot or not debate and this is what went down.

"So mom, last week I watched one of your all time favourite movies. Can you guess which one?"

"Anatomy of a Murder?" (side note if there is one thing my mom loves more than Ted Neeley it's crime dramas/mysteries)

"No, Jesus Christ Superstar."

"Oh I do love that one. I haven't watched it in ages you know. You gave it to me on DVD one Christmas. I wonder if Ted Neeley is still playing Jesus."

"Well, first no he's not. Second, remember how you use to have a crush on him?"

"Yes, he was so handsome. All the girls in camp had a crush on him." (she grew up in a logging camp)

"Well, there is a group of people I talk with online about movies, and we all rewatched this together. As we were talking about it I asked them if any of them thought he was handsome, and guess what they said?"

"Yes!"

"No!"

"Oh? Are these people your age?"

"Various ages. Mostly younger I believe."

"Well, handsome changes every generation. Like I see on TV these new heart throb guys and I just can't see it. Like your sister liked that boy band guy that acts now (see was thinking of Mark Wahlberg) and I didn't get that at the time either. Like I never understood why so many women loved Sean Connery and I think that's because he was before my time. It changes. For his time Jesus(Ted Neeley) was very handsome."

Afterwards we talked a bit about the movie and I asked if she had anything I should bring up with you guys about it and she just hoped that everybody enjoyed it.

Your mom sounds awesome, Cam Bert. What grace.

• Like 6

Your mom sounds awesome, Cam Bert. What grace.

Well, I will pass the message along when I talk to her again in a few days.

I just wanted to thank you for the fun pick, Cam Bert!

Thank you everyone who watched along whether you enjoyed it or not. I've said it before and I'll say it again, it's not so much about the quality of the movie but the fun we have talking about it. I'm glad most everybody enjoyed it, but we can all agree the best thing to come out of JCS was the rebranding of tomspanks as the jaded mandarin.

• Like 7

Well, I will pass the message along when I talk to her again in a few days.

Your mom sounds lovely. Every time there is a hot or not question here, we should ask her, lol.

• Like 7

Your mom sounds lovely. Every time there is a hot or not question here, we should ask her, lol.

This sounds like a whole new game thread. We post hot-or-not images to the thread, and every now and then Cam Bert's mom casts judgement. Prizes to whoever nominates the person that Cam Bert's mother fancies most that week!

post-25744-miley-cyrus-okay-mom-gif-MI6z.gif

• Like 7

This sounds like a whole new game thread. We post hot-or-not images to the thread, and every now and then Cam Bert's mom casts judgement. Prizes to whoever nominates the person that Cam Bert's mother fancies most that week!

post-25744-miley-cyrus-okay-mom-gif-MI6z.gif

I'm game. Ted Neeley is like the litmus test, right? As in are they Ted Neeley handsome?

• Like 4

From now on, that's our internal litmus test. Challenge: anyone who can get the phrase 'Ted Neeley handsome' into an on-air C+O (which includes live questions for those going to Austin) wins the internet. Bonus points if Scheer says it himself.

"Jeff Fahey has aged in 'Body Parts' compared to 'Lawnmower Man' (he's no longer Ted Neeley handsome), but I am still wondering what June thinks of him..."

• Like 5

From now on, that's our internal litmus test. Challenge: anyone who can get the phrase 'Ted Neeley handsome' into an on-air C+O (which includes live questions for those going to Austin) wins the internet. Bonus points if Scheer says it himself.

"Jeff Fahey has aged in 'Body Parts' compared to 'Lawnmower Man' (he's no longer Ted Neeley handsome), but I am still wondering what June thinks of him..."

What if we someone were to change our forum name to "Ted Neeley Handsome?" Would that count?

• Like 5

What if we were to change our forum name to "Ted Neeley Handsome?" Would that count?

The Ted Neeley Handsome Memorial Musical Mondays Thread?

Extra bonus points because the acronym includes MMM...

omy.gif

• Like 4

The Ted Neeley Handsome Memorial Musical Mondays Thread?

Extra bonus points because the acronym includes MMM...

omy.gif

Well, really I meant, what if I changed my name from "Cameron H." to "Ted Neeley Handsome?" If Paul read my C&O, would I still win the Internet?

• Like 4

I was just about to change my Member Description to TNH and you beat me to it Cameron!

giphy.gif

It's okay, I'll keep my 'Grease 2'-inspired one for the foreseeable future.

Also: there are no rules about how this works. So long as Scheer says it. (bonus: we'll find out once and for all if Scheer lurks in the MM threads...)

• Like 4

I was just about to change my Member Description to TNH and you beat me to it Cameron!

How+i+feel+_827949e5998bb9bbd56de70cf171c810.gif

• Like 6

I wanted to draw a handsome anime style JCS Ted Neeley, but I'm so fucking tired all I managed was this dumbass doodle

wwhrav.jpg

I need to go to bed bye

• Like 7

I wanted to draw a handsome anime style JCS Ted Neeley, but I'm so fucking tired all I managed was this dumbass doodle

wwhrav.jpg

I need to go to bed bye

That's still totally awesome! Although...is there any way he could be holding a, I don't know, mandarin or something? Preferably of the jaded variety.

Oh, wow! Great Idea! Could we have Handsome Ted Neeley w/ jaded mandarin T-Shirts!?! Musical Mondays needs merch, guys, if we're ever going to make any money off of this.

• Like 7

Musical Mondays needs merch, guys, if we're ever going to make any money off of this.

giphy.gif

• Like 7

Oh, wow! Great Idea! Could we have Handsome Ted Neeley T-Shirts w/ jaded mandarin T-Shirts!?! Musical Mondays needs merch, guys, if we're ever going to make any money off of this.

Sponsored by Blue Apron, provider of fresh ingredients like cruelty free free-range mandarins.

• Like 7

Thank you everyone who watched along whether you enjoyed it or not. I've said it before and I'll say it again, it's not so much about the quality of the movie but the fun we have talking about it. I'm glad most everybody enjoyed it, but we can all agree the best thing to come out of JCS was the rebranding of tomspanks as the jaded mandarin.

Btw, the best thing to me was the phrase "high end hair/foot ointment" (from kateacola). The phrase still makes me giggle.

• Like 6

wwhrav.jpg

I need to go to bed bye

And yet you've still surpassed my drawing abilities lol

• Like 7