๐Ÿ”’ The Earwolf Forums are closed Read more... ร—
Sign in to follow this  
JulyDiaz

Episode 158.5 - Minisode 158.5

The doctor/mother debate finally settled, a Dr. Mario defender, and much more is covered on this weekโ€™s mini-sode! Paul goes through Corrections and Omissions for Body Parts, we hear Blake J. Harris interview screenwriter Eric Red about Body Parts (hear the whole thing in HDTGM: Origin Stories on Howl and Stitcher Premium) and the Movie Bitches review Fifty Shades Darker. Plus, we find out which horror film weโ€™ll be covering on next weekโ€™s episode!

ย 

ย 

ย 

Where to Find Jason, June & Paul:

Paulโ€™s new comedy Drive Share is available on Go90. You can see June and Paul on NTSF:SD:SUV:: on HULU. June stars in Grace and Frankie on Netflix, as well as Lady Dynamite alongside with Jason.

ย 

Jason can be seen in The Lego Batman Movie, How to Be Single, Sleeping with Other People, and is still indeed in The Dictator.

Wait, what? They're covering a movie that isn't The Lake House or Chopping Mall? Wow.

ย 

But holy crap, Sleepwalkers is definitely up HDTGM's alley.

• Like 4

where was i when you were recording the live show? ... i was at home paul. in bed. where i always am when you record the live shows ...it breaks my heart ... please come to ireland for a show!!!!

ย 

i think you should just cancel the austin shows and use that date to do a show in ireland ... i'm sure nobody would mind ...

ย 

giphy.gif

• Like 7

I have not listened to the episode yet. I have not seen Sleepwalkers. I have not seen the trailer for Sleepwalkers. What I have done is gone to iTunes and read the first sentence of the movie's description...

ย 

Only Stephen King, the dark genius behind Misery, The Shining and Pet Semetary, could have written Stephen King's "Stephen King's Sleepwalkers..."

ย 

Oh, my. Something tells me we're in for something special here.

• Like 7

When he announced the next movie I yelled "YEAHHHH!!!!!!!!" in my car, because I saw it about a million times as a kid. I own this fucker on DVD. I even had a Black Cat firecrackers poster in my room as a kid, and I named the cat on the poster after a cat in this movie. Why were so many of my favorites when I was a kid shitty horror movies? Lawnmower Man was another one I watched over and over. Why ask why? I'll just be thankful they're making this podcast seemingly specifically for me. Also, congrats to BabyBug.

• Like 5

God damn it when are they doing the lake house I have points to make.

• Like 8

Did we talk about the word play of the Simpsons (and Amazing Stories) episode name...???

ย 

"Hell Toupee" or "Hell to Pay"

ย 

Or am I so slow that I just got it?

• Like 6

Hearing Paul say "Baby CakeBug" was the best start to this morning

ย 

Yeah, it was. I kind of feel like instead of CakeBug changing his name again, we should all change our names to CakeBug [something], just to further fuck with Paul.

• Like 6

Hearing Paul say "Baby CakeBug" was the best start to this morning

OMG the stupid dance I did in the grocery store. And now I can shed this stupid name, now that I've given tomspanks her present.

• Like 8

Yeah, it was. I kind of feel like instead of CakeBug changing his name again, we should all change our names to CakeBug [something], just to further fuck with Paul.

Don't do it. The burden of this stupid cutesy name is something I wouldn't wish on any of you.

• Like 5

OMG the stupid dance I did in the grocery store. And now I can shed this stupid name, now that I've given tomspanks her present.

ย 

Best minisode ever :wub:

• Like 7

Remember when we tried to do something like that with dinosaurs, and Paul just completely ignored our fun?

ย 

ETA: Did Paul read Ryan Sz's name as Ryan Sx?

• Like 4

ย 

Remember when we tried to do something like that with dinosaurs, and Paul just completely ignored our fun?

ย 

ETA: Did Paul read Ryan Sz's name as Ryan Sx?

ย 

If I recall correctly, Cam Bert succeeded, but, yeah, Paul's super crafty.

• Like 4

If I recall correctly, Cam Bert succeeded, but, yeah, Paul's super crafty.

This was before my time - what were the names everyone used?

• Like 2

ย 

ย 

This was for Theodore Rex.

ย 

I was Cameron H Pachycephalosaurus.

ย 

Others were better at folding it in to their names. It was just to fuck with the fact that he has a tendency to mispronounce our names. He read one of my C&O's but dropped the tongue twister.

ย 

Like I said, crafty.

• Like 5

I think it was in the Theodore Rex episode, but we've all changed our names back, so I don't remember what any of them were.

ย 

It was Cameron's idea, and all I remember is that we picked difficult dino names just to hear Paul try to read them.

• Like 4

I forgot how much I like the Nic Cage song, even if it's not my favorite segment.

• Like 5

Did we talk about the word play of the Simpsons (and Amazing Stories) episode name...???

ย 

"Hell Toupee" or "Hell to Pay"

ย 

Or am I so slow that I just got it?

ย 

I didn't get it until you pointed it out... So if you're slow, I'm even slower.

200.gif#3

ย 

I thought he was saying they both were called "Hell Toupee" on the minisode.. and did not realize Amazing Stories was "Hell To Pay"

• Like 5

I also did not realize "Hell Toupee" was a pun until Paul read it out loud. I kept reading it in the other threads and thinking "That's a stupid name," but I get it now...

• Like 6

I also did not realize "Hell Toupee" was a pun until Paul read it out loud. I kept reading it in the other threads and thinking "That's a stupid name," but I get it now...

I once saw an ad for a bass pedal with Les Claypool, and it bore the slogan "Les is more." but I'd never heard the expression "less is more" so I thought it was the stupidest thing I'd ever read.

• Like 5

ย 

I didn't get it until you pointed it out... So if you're slow, I'm even slower.

ย 

I thought he was saying they both were called "Hell Toupee" on the minisode.. and did not realize Amazing Stories was "Hell To Pay"

ย 

ย 

I once saw an ad for a bass pedal with Les Claypool, and it bore the slogan "Les is more." but I'd never heard the expression "less is more" so I thought it was the stupidest thing I'd ever read.

ย 

ย 

"It's like once the answers are out there, people can pick up on 'em. It's like we're all telepathically sharing our experiences." -Waking Life

ย 

ย 

WakingLife_05_1.jpg

• Like 4

Sorry for the doble post... :P

ย 

ย 

And then for the Hackers episode we changed our screen names to elite or 1337 type and thats why my name is inside bubbles... The website where I put it had like 3 types for 1337 and 1 inside bubbles an I choose that one and have not change it since lol

• Like 4

Sign in to follow this