I only had time to post the video this morning, but now I want to share with you guys all you need to know about this movie from a former 13 year old girl who owned it on VHS.
- They advertised the shit out of this movie on the Family channel (abcfamily now I believe) as the first ever *NSYNC movie, with a million behind the scenes special. The soundtrack had never before heard b-sides that were supposed to get us all riled up. But Justin and Chris are only in the weird ass end credit scene (see exhibit A) and JC wasn't in the movie AT ALL. Which was a HUGE problem seeing as most *NSYNCers were split on a Justin/JC level, which I believe is a big reason it tanked so hard. The fact that the band was only a year away from breaking up is very obvious in retrospect.
- SOUND EFFECTS. So many sound effects.
- This movie clearly had a R-rated script that was severely dumbed down for tweens. There's a lot of weird non-swearing. Lot's of "what the heck?" and "stuff" where "shit"s should be. And Lance's character was obviously supposed to be a virgin, because nearly EVERY scene with the friends they use the phrase, "never sealed the deal" or "can't close the deal"
- Everything in this movie SCREAMS year 2000. Lance wears the most awful suits ever.
- Al Green is in this film and serves as a main plot point. (Richie Sambora is also in it, but not as himself)
- The movie has a very drawn out, missed connection, "Serendipity" type plot that I found frustrating. I feel like I only watched this movie 2 or 3 times before selling it at a garage sale. (I only got it for Joey anyway...he was so funny to me then)
Overall, it's an extremely cheesy movie but it moves quickly so it isn't boring, you just roll your eyes a lot. I think it's definitely a step above From Justin to Kelly, if that means anything. I also think it might be fun to watch if you imagine that Lance's character is also in the closet, and this is a movie about a sad gay kid whose friends won't butt out of his life and trying to get him laid. Deep shit yo.