🔒 The Earwolf Forums are closed Read more... ×
Sign in to follow this  
admin

Episode 61 — Stop! Or My Mom Will Shoot

Scarlett Johannson is kind of like movie wallpaper. She is neither good nor especially bad, she just occupies space and eventually you'll forget she's even there.

I think there's some truth to that, but I thought she was great in Match Point and Vicky Crisitina Barcelona.

someone pleeeeeeeese cut up some horror trailer with silly rag-time music...

imhatch?awesome_animals_211.jpg

anigif_enhanced-buzz-21594-1364832706-18.gif

• Like 1

I hate that this has become a Woody Allen thread, but I find it weird how much everyone but me seems to like Match Point. With the exception of the shockingly steamy sex scenes, I felt he had already covered all of that movie's themes (and better) in Crimes & Misdemeanors.

Also, I think Jade Scorpion and Hollywood Ending are unfairly maligned. They're more disappointing than bad. I find them both entertaining.

someone pleeeeeeeese cut up some horror trailer with silly rag-time music...

If someone could cut the Trailer for 'I Know Who Killed Me' as a Woody Allen movie THAT INCLUDES the 'This is Mr. Garvis' scene, this forum will win the internet.

• Like 1

If someone could cut the Trailer for 'I Know Who Killed Me' as a Woody Allen movie THAT INCLUDES the 'This is Mr. Garvis' scene, this forum will win the internet.

do you want me to make a woody allen version of that?

• Like 2

Indeed it is. UCB NY. Can't remember the name of their act.

He talked about one of the shows they used to do on the Totally Laime podcast. I think he said it was called "We Used To Go Together". I always wonder what happened between those two that they don't do projects together anymore. They were funny together on the HDTGM and the Womptacular. Is it a scheduling issue? Did they grow apart creatively? What gives?

He talked about one of the shows they used to do on the Totally Laime podcast. I think he said it was called "We Used To Go Together". I always wonder what happened between those two that they don't do projects together anymore. They were funny together on the HDTGM and the Womptacular. Is it a scheduling issue? Did they grow apart creatively? What gives?

They've both been on You Made it Weird and talked at length about their long friendship. It sounded like they're stilll very close, at least on a personal level.

Jason seems to have been pretty busy in the last few years with concurrent roles on The League and Enlightened, plus The Dictator was filming during some of that time.

do you want me to make a woody allen version of that?

Absolutely 100%. Either Woody Allen Jazz or Disney Parent Trap Whimsy.

They've both been on You Made it Weird and talked at length about their long friendship. It sounded like they're stilll very close, at least on a personal level.

Jason seems to have been pretty busy in the last few years with concurrent roles on The League and Enlightened, plus The Dictator was filming during some of that time.

Yeah, but they're not partners anymore. Like, St. Clair's partner is Lennon. They do writing together and performing together. Jason doesn't have a partner like that anymore, and it must have been a real good partnership because he was on something else where the host mentioned that it was weird not talking to him without St. Clair.

I believe St Clair mentioned on YMIW or Whooch that Jason is extremely private and the she didn't even know where he lived because he was weird about giving his address out.

Perhaps one can never truly know The Zouks.

• Like 1

Absolutely 100%. Either Woody Allen Jazz or Disney Parent Trap Whimsy.

i will get right on that

• Like 1

I believe St Clair mentioned on YMIW or Whooch that Jason is extremely private and the she didn't even know where he lived because he was weird about giving his address out.

Man of mystery, that one.

which is interesting since raffi and dennis feinstein seem like oversharers frankly

As difficult a time as they had staying focused on the movie this week (Amanda Bynes talk? REALLY?), it seems we're having an even harder time here.

Anyway, I'm pretty sure that forced viewings of "Stop or My Mom Will Shoot" is how "Children of Men" happened. It's been a while since I've seen THAT film, so I might be wrong. It just makes perfect sense though...

I mean, would YOU risk someone getting their hands on the mythical white shirt stash?

• Like 3

Man of mystery, that one.

After listening to Mantzoukas on Pete Holme's show, I am of the mind that he comes off as slightly paranoid because he IS slightly paranoid due to having a crazy egg allergy. Like, he will die if he eats food that was prepared using pans/cutlery/etc that also touched eggs. He goes into it quite a bit, having an intense fear of death due to that. After listening, I can see how it would inform one's world view and other people's impressions of you.

Sorry for getting cereal, carry on with the Woody Allen jazz computer pool party.

I don't want to pee on anybody's parade, but Mantzoukas is not really that mysterious a cat. I think the thing with St. Clair not knowing his address was a joke. Even if it isn't, as cool as they are with each other, sometimes you just don't give your address to certain people with whom you work - think about it. Nobody I work with has my address, cause fuck these people. I've seen Zouks around L.A. a few times. i saw him eating at the La Poubelle bistro by UCB with Nick Kroll a few months ago. He's hilarious on podcasts, and surprisingly charming if you catch him on stage, but he is just a man.

A man with infinite white shirts...

ws1.gif

• Like 1

he is just a man.

I agree with your assessment. I think the PRIVACY is part of his podcast persona. And fuck twitter in the face, for real.

Regarding white shirts: somewhere David Bryne once said "People will remember you better if you always wear the same outfit." And it's true. I went through a period of my life where all my clothes were brown and polyester. Everyone addressed me on the streets as "Mister Brown".

Those days are over.

i hear that im the jorts man around town. here comes the jort they always say

• Like 2

i hear that im the jorts man around town. here comes the jort they always say

I hope the bottom part of your pockets poke out.

And also your balls.

I don't want to pee on anybody's parade, but Mantzoukas is not really that mysterious a cat. I think the thing with St. Clair not knowing his address was a joke. Even if it isn't, as cool as they are with each other, sometimes you just don't give your address to certain people with whom you work - think about it. Nobody I work with has my address, cause fuck these people. I've seen Zouks around L.A. a few times. i saw him eating at the La Poubelle bistro by UCB with Nick Kroll a few months ago. He's hilarious on podcasts, and surprisingly charming if you catch him on stage, but he is just a man.

A man with infinite white shirts...

ws1.gif

I LOVE THIS GIF!!!

Sign in to follow this