🔒 The Earwolf Forums are closed Read more... ×
thestray

Deadly Prey (1987)

I think this movie's been mentioned a couple times in other threads, but it deserves a thread of it's own.

An evil Colonel recruits mercenaries teams for hire, and trains them by making them kidnap random dudes, let them loose in the forest, and hunt them down and kill them. During one of their routine kidnappings they randomly pick out Mike Danton. They take Mike's shirt and shoes (and apparently oil him up by the looks of it) before setting him free, but much to their chagrin they find out that Mike Danton is an unstoppable killing machine!

I don't know if HDTGM would every do this obscure 80's movie, but I recommend checking it out if you terrible 80's action movies.

deadlyprey.gif

• Like 1

So much insanity! I couldn't help but notice that the father was first billed in the credits. Why?

I guess because he'd been around in cinema for a while and technically was the biggest "name" in the film.

The dad and the wife are grade A dummies in this film. Her husband gets kidnapped and instead of calling the cops she figures she's just going to call her old ass dad and let him handle this because he's an ex-cop or whatever, and he also decides it'd be better fo not get police involved. This is a job for the police, not one solitary senior citizen!

Also, if you know the bad guys know where you live, maybe don't stay home alone.

Holy shit, guys! I looked at the IMDB page of Ted Prior (Mike Danton), and it lists a little sequel called "Deadliest Prey" as currently being in post-production! He also plays a character named Danton in 2011's "Breath of Hate" (that also features Felissa Rose of "Sleepaway Camp"), but based on the synopsis, it doesn't seem to have anything to do with anything else.

• Like 1

I guess because he'd been around in cinema for a while and technically was the biggest "name" in the film.

The dad and the wife are grade A dummies in this film. Her husband gets kidnapped and instead of calling the cops she figures she's just going to call her old ass dad and let him handle this because he's an ex-cop or whatever, and he also decides it'd be better fo not get police involved. This is a job for the police, not one solitary senior citizen!

Also, if you know the bad guys know where you live, maybe don't stay home alone.

Ok, that makes sense. Also, it they're letting him go free so they can find him and kill him, why doesn't he just go home and call the police? Wouldn't that be easier than just killing everyone?

So I'm guessing a couple of you are regulars on the CG tracker? Because I'm pretty sure that where digital rips of this first came up. Maybe on eMule before that, but I think that's where the current following of Deadly Prey began. Anyways, it's on DVD now.

So many good scenes in this. The part where he's hiding in the trees, like six feet above and clearly visible by his attackers.

Or probably the pinnacle of this masterpiece, when Mike Denton slices a dude's arm off with a machete and then beats him to death with the arm.

vlcsnap2011042101h56m23.png

Or probably the pinnacle of this masterpiece, when Mike Denton slices a dude's arm off with a machete and then beats him to death with the arm.

Perhaps the greatest scene in any movie ever! Now available in .gif format!

deadly%20prey.gif

• Like 2

The big mystery for me is WHY was he greased up before he was set free? Why was that a thing that needed to be done to hunt this guy? Who's job was it to grease up an unconscious Mike Danton? Was a person designated? Did someone volunteer? Was it it a rock paper scissors situation?

The guy they hunt in the beginning is fully clothed, why did they suddenly decide that the way to kick this up a notch is to strip their next victim half naked? If their objective is to train to be a mercenary team for real life situations, why does hunting a greased up guy in short shorts sharpen their skills? What the fuck kind of missions is this equipping them to carry out?

So I'm guessing a couple of you are regulars on the CG tracker? Because I'm pretty sure that where digital rips of this first came up. Maybe on eMule before that, but I think that's where the current following of Deadly Prey began. Anyways, it's on DVD now.

So many good scenes in this. The part where he's hiding in the trees, like six feet above and clearly visible by his attackers.

vlcsnap2011042101h56m23.png

This film absolutely has to be on the podcast. It's amazing how bad it is. But, unlike "The Room" it's actually possible to watch it and enjoy it.

Please, please, PLEASE, you guys, we have got to get this on the show! 1) as someone mentioned before, it's absolutely free to watch on YouTube and 2) it is bat-shit insane. It is up there with The Room. I discovered this little gem a few years back and the trailer alone blew my mind. It is worth watching just for Mike Danton's monologues alone. "I owe you nuthin'". I fucking love this movie.

This film absolutely has to be on the podcast. It's amazing how bad it is. But, unlike "The Room" it's actually possible to watch it and enjoy it.

I enjoyed watching The Room. Mainly because I put it on as a practical joke on my girlfriend at the time, and seeing her getting angrier and angrier at a film was absolutely HILARIOUS. Especially considering I prefaced it with "You know something, I know I'm not the sort of guy to do this, but I got us this film about a love triangle with two best friends, I thought you'd like it, so let's make a date of it".

Towards the end, I was biting so hard on my cheek to cause physical pain so I could keep character and stop letting out a Ricky Gervais laugh with her reactions.

• Like 2

I enjoyed watching The Room. Mainly because I put it on as a practical joke on my girlfriend at the time, and seeing her getting angrier and angrier at a film was absolutely HILARIOUS. Especially considering I prefaced it with "You know something, I know I'm not the sort of guy to do this, but I got us this film about a love triangle with two best friends, I thought you'd like it, so let's make a date of it".

Towards the end, I was biting so hard on my cheek to cause physical pain so I could keep character and stop letting out a Ricky Gervais laugh with her reactions.

How long was it before she broke up with you?

How long was it before she broke up with you?

About 6 weeks, so I hung in there for a while.

• Like 1

Director: David A. Prior

Tagline: In Vietnam he was the best...he still is

Description (IMDb):

A group of sadistic mercenaries kidnap people off the streets and set them loose on the grounds of their secret camp, so the "students" at the camp can learn how to track down and kill their prey.

This movie is ridiculously hilarious and definitely fits the "so bad it's good" category.

Just watch the trailer.

Watched this last night and agree wholeheartedly that this deserves to be on the show. From the oiled up lead actor to the countless mullets and weapon loading shots to the lead actor beating a man to death with that man's own severed arm, this really deserves an episode.

This is streaming on amazon prime video right now.   A movie where a man is beaten with his own severed arm should probably have priority over movies that don't feature a man being beaten with his own severed arm.