๐Ÿ”’ The Earwolf Forums are closed Read more... ร—
Sign in to follow this  
JulyDiaz

Episode 80.5 โ€” Minisode 80.5

Continuing the Liefeld sucks train, here's a terrible single panel sub-Ziggy level comic he drew, proving that he's at least as bad a writer as he is an artist. It also sort of ties into Jack Frost, so there's that.

ย 

shrink4.jpg

why would being cool and chilling out make his troubles melt away. this is peak liefield.png

• Like 2

why would being cool and chilling out make his troubles melt away.

ย 

ย 

I think that the "joke" would work if it was couples therapy and the woman was the girlfriend or the wife of the snowman and the therapist says to her that her troubles will "melt away" come spring...

• Like 2

This makes ZIggy look like War & Peace. This is some Family Circus-level shit here. Jesus, he can't even draw what's supposed to be a NORMAL person sitting in a chair. To his credit though, it looks like he spent more time on the background than in anything else he's ever done.

ย 

Also, notice how the feet are cut off.

• Like 1

ย 

Also, notice how the feet are cut off.

ย 

Maybe he has the opposite from a "foot fetish", a "No-Foot fetish"

• Like 1

It's Mortal Kombat, and I can't believe I hadn't posted these yet...

ย 

ย 

ย 

As it turns out, it doesn't translate well to a wrestling gimmick. I think this came about after Turner got the broadcast rights to MK, or maybe it was when the live action series was in development, so it was tapping into that. The "we clearly know nothing about martial arts" commentary is terrific. I don't remember if he was in any of the video games or not, but the WCW games were pretty awesome around this time.

• Like 3

Where is the character that just does "upper cut, upper cut, upper cut, upper cut, upper cut, upper cut, finish him, flawless victory"?

ย 

My childhood

ย 

ย 

Thanks for posting these. He studied with Japanese masters FROM JAPAN.

Had me laughing!

I think Larry Zbysko or Dusty Rhodes said Glacier was also "a black belt in Okinawa", as though it was a martial art and not a place. Also, they can't seem to determine if he's some sort of mystical being or a normal dude, because they talk about how his dad and brother are both cops and that he could have been too, but had decided instead to become the world's greatest martial artist.

If I had to come up with the most early 90s thing possible, it would be Vanilla Ice in a flannel shirt dancing to the Mortal Kombat theme while hacking a computer using a virtual reality headset.

• Like 1

Wait, did Reptile watch the Silver Shamrock commercial?!?

ย 

The rifftrax I watched for this made that joke too lol.

THE Liefeld Captain America shot that everyone knows. Believe it or not, he'd been pro for at least a decade by this point...

cap.jpeg

ย 

That outfit that someone saw Paul wearing that one time. Very recent, and as generic as it gets...

TheInfiniteFullCoversImage.jpg

ย 

The many faces (and single facial expression) of Rob Liefeld...

lotsateeth.jpg

ย 

I...don't know what's happening...

18.jpg

ย 

9.jpg

ย 

20130630-133322.jpg

ย 

This is not a 30-year-old man, this is Franklin Richards, the young son of Reed and Sue. Aside from being shorter, kids are EXACTLY the same as adults, right? Rob Liefeld seems to think so. Is that really a foot?

onslaught12.jpg

ย 

I just don't get how Liefeld is still in the industry. Yes he gave us Deadpool, but that character only became famous after more talented people got a hold of him, but his work as a total is unbelievably craptastic. What's more infuriating is him saying that all of the guys behind Image Comics were basically the same Okay artists, but that they weren't great at any one thing and they just got lucky, which is SO insulting to fantastic artists like Jim Lee and Todd McFarlane who's art was either great to begin with or has improved over the years.

ย 

I just don't get how Liefeld is still in the industry. Yes he gave us Deadpool, but that character only became famous after more talented people got a hold of him, but his work as a total is unbelievably craptastic. What's more infuriating is him saying that all of the guys behind Image Comics were basically the same Okay artists, but that they weren't great at any one thing and they just got lucky, which is SO insulting to fantastic artists like Jim Lee and Todd McFarlane who's art was either great to begin with or has improved over the years.

ย 

Blowjobs. Lots of them.

I don't understand the decision making process that went into Mortal Kombat Annihilation? The first movie had been a big hit with decent CGI for the time. Why did the studio decide to spend LESS money on part two?

ย 

According to IMDB (Box office Mojo does not have data for it), MK:Annihilation's budget was bigger than the original ($18M for MK and $30M for MK:Annihilation). Tons of things went bad for this movie (since it's only two years between the two releases, it's fair to assume the second movie was rushed after the success of the first movie), but they did get more money.

• Like 1

Where is the character that just does "upper cut, upper cut, upper cut, upper cut, upper cut, upper cut, finish him, flawless victory"?

ย 

My childhood

ย 

Probably right next to the one doing "leg sweep, leg sweep, leg sweep, leg sweep leg sweep, leg sweep, fatality, flawless victory"

I know the reason Goro's finishing move on Art was so lame. He just mashed the buttons to try to get his special but failed like most of us have in the past.

This movie does not know wtf "flawless victory" means.

• Like 2

It's weird because they get it right in the first fight, and it all went to hell after that. They use it as a catchphrase when it doesn't apply and when there is an actual flawless victory (Johnny Cage over Goro), they go to a different catchphrase.

Sign in to follow this