🔒 The Earwolf Forums are closed Read more... ×
Sign in to follow this  
JulyDiaz

Episode 71 — Dwarves vs. Man Rats

With the curse lifted, the gang help the dwarves in a battle against the Man Rats that kept them captive. Spoiler alert: These Man Rats are going to get the shit kicked out of them.

• Like 4

I wonder if no matter what choices they had made going through the tunnels that it was inevitable that Sark would turn them into Rats so they could maybe free the dwarfs and break the curse. I suspect it was the plan all along. Premeditated or not, quite a brilliant turn of events. I just wish there had been a drunk little Rat wearing a gauntlet and with a little rat leg made out of light.

There's the combat rounds folks were waiting for the last few weeks

I think an opportunity was missed to role play naked Mildred surrounded by hundreds of naked man Dwarves, or at least an awkward exchange with Trondor. Someone should write some fan fiction of Mildred's time seperated from the group...

• Like 1

So it occurs to me: do they still even give a shit about Glinishmore? I mean, Mildred might, as she's got some morals...but the rest are either impulsive narcissists, or actively evil. Gerry needs to come back as one of Sir Richard's low life thieves guilds buddies with a debt of honor to be paid. Though I'd settle for him just coming back.

• Like 2

So it occurs to me: do they still even give a shit about Glinishmore? I mean, Mildred might, as she's got some morals...but the rest are either impulsive narcissists, or actively evil. Gerry needs to come back as one of Sir Richard's low life thieves guilds buddies with a debt of honor to be paid. Though I'd settle for him just coming back.

All signs point to yes. It's not like they're tooling around in the ratman-infested, abandoned dwarven mines for kicks. They're in the middle of the shit. It sucks they lost Gerry's Sir Richard's single-minded focus, but that doesn't mean their quest is even close to being done, and it certainly doesn't mean they don't care. Like any game, what matters is the journey, not the destination.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hlITBBDrsbc

Sark, NICE The Proposition reference! That image you described was such an amazing end to that scene in the film. So dire.

Ok so you guys are horrible at following the rules or knowing the spells or weapons and I almost never care cuz the comedy and story are amazing but. Bart swinging a sword and only doing one point of damage STRENGTH BONUS. SHIT. I am losing it. Screaming at my iPhone.

• Like 2

i was thinking about this too, but ultimately i think we need to put our trust in almighty Sark to subtlety guide the narrative back to the hunt for the necromancer, maybe they'll catch a break in Glinnishmore, or at least get a tip on where to find the crystals they need for their ship, or maybe they'll just say fuck it and ditch the collector storyline and move onto something else. whatever the case i'm on board, i'm with KajusX it's about the journey

• Like 1

Now I could be misinterpreting the description but the statue sounded alarming like a Tarrasque. I have a sudden premonition that Gerry's new character's cause of death has already been set into motion.

IMG_TARRASQUE.gif

• Like 3

Ok so you guys are horrible at following the rules or knowing the spells or weapons and I almost never care cuz the comedy and story are amazing but. Bart swinging a sword and only doing one point of damage STRENGTH BONUS. SHIT. I am losing it. Screaming at my iPhone.

The only bit that bothered me recently was Brian have to chose Cleric spells when he went up in level. He should have access to a few schools in entirety, he just can only memorize a few at a time. Mind I still love the show dearly an don't stress the fine points for the most part. But given how long they've been playing their grasp of the magic basic is a tad shaky.

• Like 2

Does anyone else think that Gerry/Sir Richard isn't dead? I thought with the heavenlike way he went out that he might be resurrected by Bahamut and return to the group at a later date. Maybe that's just wishful thinking though.

Now I could be misinterpreting the description but the statue sounded alarming like a Tarrasque. I have a sudden premonition that Gerry's new character's cause of death has already been set into motion.

IMG_TARRASQUE.gif

It was more of a Macetail thing. I know there's an object called a jade macetail that does the same thing, and since Sark described it as an ankylosaurus, I'm sure that's what it is.

IMG_TARRASQUE.gif

i can't wait for the party to accidentally unleash a massive Godzilla battle in the middle of Glinnishmore

So it occurs to me: do they still even give a shit about Glinishmore?

As far as I recall, the Necromancer threatened to wipe out all of their homeworlds, and Glinishmore was just the first spot they chose to liberate. If nothing else, I assume even the impulsive narcissists would want to exact BLOODY VENGEANCE against that asshole.

• Like 1

The only bit that bothered me recently was Brian have to chose Cleric spells when he went up in level. He should have access to a few schools in entirety, he just can only memorize a few at a time. Mind I still love the show dearly an don't stress the fine points for the most part. But given how long they've been playing their grasp of the magic basic is a tad shaky.

Right? Relearning spells while running around too!! I hate rules lawyers but some nod to the basic rules wouldnt change the gameplay.

Overall though, dont stop being the loveable misfits that you all are, Nerd Poker-ers!!

This message brought to you by "Complaining about a free Podcast, the makers of Bitching about cell phone reception and First World problems"!!

• Like 2

Right? Relearning spells while running around too!! I hate rules lawyers but some nod to the basic rules wouldnt change the gameplay.

Overall though, dont stop being the loveable misfits that you all are, Nerd Poker-ers!!

This message brought to you by "Complaining about a free Podcast, the makers of Bitching about cell phone reception and First World problems"!!

It just shows that we are invested and paying attention. If your audience is listening closely enough to pick out game mechanic flaws you've got the hook deep.

• Like 3

Ok, buckle up for heavy nerd talk. Feel free to skip this post.

*Nerd talk begins*

I cannot stand vanilla D&D anymore. I'm new to tabletop gaming, but I've been sampling all that's out there, and straight D&D drives me nuts. There is just too many number and too much going to the books to look things up. I play Dungeon World with my girlfriend and her kids - it's designed to be D&D without the hassle, everything you need is on two sheets of paper. There is no book, it's on a D10 system, there is little to no math. Everything is setup to be fun and fast, and the system has spoiled me. I play FATE core with my friends - the players have a great deal of agency with this system, they have tokens they can spend to affect the narrative and again, little to no math and nothing to look up. After playing these two systems, D&D seems like a slog. I appreciate it because that's where tabletop gaming comes from, but it frustrates me to hear a great DM and great players held back by a boring system.

*End nerd talk*

I should state for the record that I have slept with women and I do have some muscle mass in my upper body. I'm actually the second nerdiest firefighter on the team.

• Like 1

This episode is hall of fame status, because they were not only short handed, they made talking about identifying magic items for like 45 minutes entertaining. They're also clearly in hour two of a multiple episode day, judging by the clothes in their pictures. Try to count the Red Bulls popped open in the background from episode 70 to about 75 or so. If Brian is still wearing a red shirt and we've counted 4 pops in the back, there is no way he can go much longer. So far this session has been great, but hopefully we'll get the other two back around then.

• Like 2

I think an opportunity was missed to role play naked Mildred surrounded by hundreds of naked man Dwarves, or at least an awkward exchange with Trondor. Someone should write some fan fiction of Mildred's time seperated from the group...

Yes this

I was so surprised none of the players took the opportunity to crack jokes on this ... AND she wasn't even there to defend herself.

Totally blown chance for hilarity.

Sign in to follow this