🔒 The Earwolf Forums are closed Read more... ×

It's been awhile! I'm literally getting itchy from not having anyone talk U2 to me for 2 long. I'm going back through the episodes again, I'm listening to the Achtung Baby album, I DON'T EVEN LIKE U2'S MUSIC, but god damnit do I love this podcast.

If anyone has any suggestions on how to get over this please let me know. How are you guys dealing with this!? Not to sound desperate but I need something that's even better than the real thing.

(FYI, cold turkey is not an option.)

• Like 3

I still haven't found... anything like it.

Listen, it was like lightning in a bottle. The chemistry will never be matched. It can never be replaced or recreated.

Times were so different back then and I don't know if there will ever be a movement like it again. I too re-listen occasionally, but of course there's nothing like the first time.

All we can do to console ourselves or 'scratch the itch' is to supplement it with things like CBB or AP or the Pod F Tompkast and other great works of podcastery.

To the Scotts and guests our hearts are filled with appreciation for what they gave us and also the hope that they will someday unite again. And for now that is all we have.

Till then, I'll see you - in your sexy boots.

• Like 4

I still haven't found... anything like it.

Listen, it was like lightning in a bottle. The chemistry will never be matched. It can never be replaced or recreated.

Times were so different back then and I don't know if there will ever be a movement like it again. I too re-listen occasionally, but of course there's nothing like the first time.

All we can do to console ourselves or 'scratch the itch' is to supplement it with things like CBB or AP or the Pod F Tompkast and other great works of podcastery.

To the Scotts and guests our hearts are filled with appreciation for what they gave us and also the hope that they will someday unite again. And for now that is all we have.

Till then, I'll see you - in your sexy boots.

Well put, sir.

• Like 1

i get sad every wednesday morning when i realize there's no new ep to download :(

will we ever be talked to again about U2? what about sexy boots? i haven't talked about turtle in so long! how will i ever know what my deductible is, bro? did scott ever finish reading the harry potter series to his son? will we ever get a part two of staind glass????

i'm so lost.

• Like 2

i get sad every wednesday morning when i realize there's no new ep to download :(

I hear ya burjz. I'm glad we can meet on here and talk this out. It's such a good form of therapy.

I'm just blue turtlin' here, but I think it would be a good idea for them to just release a new episode out of the blue, like Beyonce did.

• Like 1

They should really force Todd Glass to have a big house party with lots of reverb and lots of live drumming, and they can record an episode at the party

• Like 6

Hi everyone. My name is Anastasia and I also am a UTU2TM? addict. It's been two months since I last heard a new episode. Last week, on Wednesday, I kept walking into rooms in my apartment and forgetting why I went in there. Then I would feel like I had lost something. I would check my keys, phone, wallet...all there. But there was something missing, a hole, a void...what was it? After reading all of your comments I have realized it's UTU2TM? I have re-listened to episodes for a taste, but it's just not then same. Then, this morning, I saw this: http://store.earwolf.com/products/u-talkin-u2-to-me-t-shirt

I was ecstatic. But is this just stringing me along further, keeping me addicted while not giving me what I am really looking for? A bitch goddess who gives with one hand and takes away with the other? Who cares? I'll take three shirts, please.

• Like 2

I work at a zoo and every time someone mentions the turtles I have to keep myself from saying, "I'm just blue turtlin' here," or "talkin' 'bout turtle." It happens more often than you'd think.

• Like 2

I work at a zoo and every time someone mentions the turtles I have to keep myself from saying, "I'm just blue turtlin' here," or "talkin' 'bout turtle." It happens more often than you'd think.

That sinking feeling of referencing something you know no one will understand. Also, I don't know if it's just me, but for me Blue Turtlin' is my favorite Oliver Subpodcast so I can't imagine being in your position and not being able to use that line.

Hang in there, maybe one day you'll overhear someone say it and you can ask them what their fuck style is.

• Like 2

I'm almost done with my third front-to-back listen to the podcast (with a couple of favorite episode re-listens on top of that). When I'm done, I'll probably start the whole thing over again. Whenever I'm out of new CBB and Who Charted, this is my go-to. I may have a problem and be a very sad person.

• Like 4

I'm almost done with my third front-to-back listen to the podcast (with a couple of favorite episode re-listens on top of that). When I'm done, I'll probably start the whole thing over again. Whenever I'm out of new CBB and Who Charted, this is my go-to. I may have a problem and be a very sad person.

We're here for you brother! Keep trucking along they'll be back soon. I don't know if you like U2's music or not but I've found that sarcastically listening to U2 and thinking about Scott and Scott's commentary really helps.

• Like 3

For anyone wanting more, go back and listen to old eps of Comedy Bang Bang with Adam Scott as guest (non-Farts and Pro though), because amazingly, the dynamic is very similar.

I've re-listened twice - contemplating another in anticipation of new eps with the album release.

• Like 2

I pretty recently listened to the famous "A worthy uhh" ep but I just downloaded ep 49 and I'll add that to my playlist. Thanks for the tip.

• Like 1

Sign in to follow this