🔒 The Earwolf Forums are closed Read more... ×
JulyDiaz

Episode 317 — Tash.2

Oh wait... was that post a bit?!

Oh wait... was that post a bit?!

Is this a special cross-podcast metatextual in-forum episode of Great Bits?

• Like 2

Also as a fan of Hollywood Babylon et al, I appreciated the old Hollywood references (esp to Fatty Arbuckle). Poor Fatty!

• Like 2

Is this a special cross-podcast metatextual in-forum episode of Great Bits?

You poppin my stones bro?

• Like 5

The way Mary kept pronouncing things and how much that delighted PFT, deligted me.

Ungerstand

• Like 1

I'm glad PFT finally got off his high horse and did a show besides the best-ofs. I'd also like to know what that horse was smoking to make it so hard to get off of.

Natasha's great. I'm thankful she's still around, she went through some harrowing drug and health stuff in the early 2000s. People on this thread who are belly-aching about her accent: She's an actress and she can tamp the accent down when she wants to. Personally, I appreciate appearances like this where she speaks in her own voice and doesn't make any apologies about being who she is. And she's hilarious.

Here's a great clip from her wild youth. Leno treats her like a space alien, then tries to sleaze up on her ... but then Natasha BURNS him, in most beautiful manner.

• Like 7

Just realized Natasha is from But I'm a Cheerleader. My dorm movie channel played that like daily for the two years I lived there. Dece movie, but the themes are less than subtle.

Her voice sounds like Jake Fogelnest mixed with Gil Faizon mixed with cigarettes.

She seems fun.

• Like 1

SCOTT: This is Natasha.

DREAMA: Oh hello, Natasha!

NATASHA: Hey, Howya doin'?

DREAMA: Hi! Good, good

SCOTT: We call her Tash Point ... ... ... ... ... (PFT breaks off-mic) ... Two.

NATASHA: Do we?

(PFT off mic laughter)

SCOTT: I dunno

DREAMA: Tash.2—

NATASHA: Do we fuckin' do that? Is that what we're fuckin' doin'? No.

(PFT off mic laughter)

DREAMA: —I love that.

SCOTT: Yup. Tash.2, that's you.

(PFT off mic laughter)

TASH.2: Alright, pal!

Amazing.

• Like 6

I kept thinking about Natasha Lyonne's interview on WTF and how Paul and Scott are just on the totally opposite side of the comedy spectrum as Maron.

"Whenever I hear 'Midnight Cowboy,' I have to take a break."

"Oh, I forgot about your post-hypnotic suggestion."

• Like 4

Natasha has to come back. She's one of those people who doesn't even have to go along with the bit- she's so weird and interesting just being herself that it's magic.

• Like 10

Why does Lyonne keep drifting in and out of that accent? Is it a bit whose explanation I missed? I don't understand!

Great guest otherwise.

Did I love this episode? Hyyyyeeeyus!

All three guests were great. The aforementioned "I'm gonna murder you" and the Murphy Group question were two of my hardest laughs in a while.

• Like 1

OH HOLY JESUS DON'T LET GEMBERLING SEE THIS!

Edit: Just finished the episode. What a delight! Excellent morning zoo on one side of the table, excellent Natasha who played along perfectly, excellent Dreama Peaches and her labia and her Miss Prissy catch phrase. Abrupt ending, just like August in October.

• Like 8

Why does Lyonne keep drifting in and out of that accent? Is it a bit whose explanation I missed? I don't understand!

Great guest otherwise.

She was being affable, totally game for the proceedings, and occasionally leaning into her accent to make it an exaggerated New York-style character.

Have you ever met people who talk and then sometimes will put on a voice; perhaps an exaggerated version of themselves or a similar accent? They'll usually do it when they're being silly or know that what they're about to say is going to be easily made fun of? Most people have done this, so I'm sure you can think of at least one person you've met. English people do exaggerated accents, as do Californians, Southerners, anyone who speaks and is from a place, etc etc etc. Bostonians love cranking up their Boston-ness to ridiculously accented proportions.

I understand the confusion some commenters are having, seeing as it is CBB and NO ONE knows what's real and what's not, but this is just a New York lady talking like a New Yorker and occaisonally doing her caricature voice of a New Yorker.

• Like 6