🔒 The Earwolf Forums are closed Read more... ×
Sign in to follow this  
JulyDiaz

Episode 215 — Rhythms of Society

This week on Who Charted, Howard starts off the show with a lesson on how to define and defy the rhythms of society. Then, Kulap and Howard welcome to the show Andy Daly, fresh off the set of Comedy Central’s Review season 2, to help recap the Golden Globes, as well as the magic and mystery of The Hobbit films. Also, in a masterpiece of role-playing, Andy and Howard, as Jake Gyllenhaal and Taylor Swift, help explain why you should hate the game, not the player. Lastly, as Andy fields questions from Chartist's, he shares the most “star struck” moments of his career.

Never dissected that TSwift line before but it is really dumb. Clearly she loves the game and not the players, because the game is her massively successful music career built off of over-dramatic reactions to short term relationships which may or may not be completely made up for PR purposes. She's clearly got a super clever rhyme scheme all planned out around Leo DiCaprio and that's why she's desperately trying to make something happen there, says the dirt pop rags

EDIT: The Ed Sheeran song is such a freaking beat rip off of "Let's Get it On". You can listen along but sing Let's Get It On, its such a hack move to make a song that sneakily has the same beat as a blockbuster hit classic. People just get into the vibe of it without even realizing, and this song has become huge with chicks, who want that ginger dicks

• Like 2

Not that there's any reason anyone should care but I think I have to bail on this show for a while. Howard's just been drinking too much Haterade.

Not that there's any reason anyone should care but I think I have to bail on this show for a while. Howard's just been drinking too much Haterade.

now, now, be nice... Howard is only on the hate-train if its any movie not called Jaws, or any music that isn't so weird and awful that it hasn't been recorded as "music" before (or 1Direction or Taylor Swift)

to be honest though, I get your point. The fact that he will pour over every beat of taylor swifts album but cant be bothered to listen to the Ronson/Bruno Mars song once because he thinks its pure james brown (when Andy Daly was spot on about it sounding like Ghostbusters) is very off-putting

I want the "fun" countdown as long as it doesnt have music by ".fun" and Uptown Funk is definitely the current #1

You gots to wait for the person in front of you to clear before you reach an item across the counter.

That person may be taking a bit too long, but the cashier has to allow them to leave first.

The customer could say oh yeah and I'll take this pack of gum or- What I thought it was on sale- whatever

Reaching over before it is actually your turn is literally crossing a line.

Just wrong- not a big deal but it's part of How to Act 101.

Oh my hell. That Walgreens story was beyond epic....

I had to stop my player, stand up and walk away from my desk, I was laughing so hard.... might have to ask for Workman's Comp as I hurt my side.

• Like 1

Can I rant about the Meghan Trainor song? It's being used in some commercial, showing the 'behind the scenes of the video' that when I went and watched, is actually the video. And when I went and watched the whole thing I thought it was about something completely different. If it's about getting cheated upon, she's downright chipper about it. Am I wrong?

This was my first time listening to Who Charted, and I really liked this episode. Andy Daly seemed like a good guest to get me started on, I've been meaning to check it out (always enjoy when the duo pops up on Comedy Bang Bang!), and that story at the top really pulled me in. And Kulap is so energetic! Going to have to start going through the backlog now, please recommend any really good shows I should jump to. :)

• Like 5

This was my first time listening to Who Charted, and I really liked this episode. Andy Daly seemed like a good guest to get me started on, I've been meaning to check it out (always enjoy when the duo pops up on Comedy Bang Bang!), and that story at the top really pulled me in. And Kulap is so energetic! Going to have to start going through the backlog now, please recommend any really good shows I should jump to. :)

Who Charted is a bit different than some other Earwolf fare in that what makes a great episode is usually just the randomness that happens, rather than specific guests. I would sift through the list of episodes and listen to the ones with guests that you recognize or already like, or just pick a point from a certain time back and just listen from then on.

I have only been listening since mid Summer, and this show more than say CBB has its own lore. Howard and Kulap discuss things that are going on in their lives, so its nice to hear the evolution of a story with updates, or updates to Howards psyche as summah comes to an end. You really need to get to know the spiel of each of the hosts

that being said, mantzouks is always great, benny schwartz, a recent one with Kyle Kinane was really funny, the thomas middleditch episode was very funny too

• Like 1

I like the original Jensen Karp episode. Any of the Brody ones are on my list. I was introduced to Ron Funches through Who Charted, so I'd go to that one.

He hasn't been on in a while but PFT is always great. My suggestion is to pick a random date or episode at some point in the past and then just work up from there. That is what I did and I enjoyed it that way. You pick up on the rhythms and injokes of the show and the charts they are talking about aren't super old (I then went back and got through the rest but using the above method.) CAVEAT there are a few stretches that are missing Kulap or Howard, while I still like all of those episodes I just thought I'd give fair warning if you want to save them for later.

As soon as Howard said he was done checking out in his Walgreen's story I took off my glasses and put my head in my hands because I just knew something was coming. Oh man the best

"I was there for a quite a bit"

• Like 3

Another recent one that was really fun was Matt Gourley. Kumail always brings a great energy too.

• Like 3

Anything with Brody Stevens is good. The Aukerman eps are hilarious because Scott and Howard are old buds and Scott loves to skewer Howard. PFT also has a funny relationship on-air with Howard, so that's good. April Richardson and Natasha Leggero are good guests as well (in addition to being very good fill-in hosts for Kulap). The Lee episode is amazing. Jimmy Pardo is pretty good on this as well. Jonah Ray is also hilarious when he's with Howard. Harris Wittels (and the Bizarro episode!!!) is good. Janet Varney and Kate Miccuci to finish it up. They rarely have dud guests if I'm honest. Listen to Two Charted if you want pure Howard-isms.

• Like 1

I am a huge fan of all the Two Charted episodes, but you might need some time to get into those. But some recent great Whooch episodes are 211 Headshot Crime Detective, 210 with Matt Gourley, 207 with Jimmy Pardo, 203 Live ep with Matt Jones, 202 with Lauren Lapkus.

They either need to kill the movie chart or someone has to challenge Howard on his position. Kulap or a guest or someone. It's getting really old for me.

I think it's hilarious when Howard finds a new ridiculous reason to be upset about something.

• Like 4

Love Andy Daly as a guest, though. He's just so charming!

And he needs to get on U Talkin' U2 To Me? when his schedule clears up a little.

I gotta say, as someone who has spent a lot of his adult life working behind counters, if I'm envisioning Howard's story properly, I would've reacted the exact same way the Walgreen's lady did.

• Like 4

The Folgers commercial. In all its glory.

Hahaha. From the description:

Here is the never aired Folgers commercial featuring Paul Stanley that ultra conservative parent company, Proctor and Gamble shelved out of concern regarding being associated with KISS.

Should've been shelved because they were concerned about being associated with terrible commercials / music in general.

Can I rant about the Meghan Trainor song? It's being used in some commercial, showing the 'behind the scenes of the video' that when I went and watched, is actually the video. And when I went and watched the whole thing I thought it was about something completely different. If it's about getting cheated upon, she's downright chipper about it. Am I wrong?

Ugh, this commercial. Remember how Ku said that Ed Sheeran is her 'cut-off'? I had a similar experience with this commercial. They promote that video with "Vine, Instagram, and YouTube stars", which just sort of makes me throw my hands up and say "Fuck this, I'm out" when it comes to youth culture.

Love Andy Daly as a guest, though. He's just so charming!

And he needs to get on U Talkin' U2 To Me? when his schedule clears up a little.

Andy is really just the most delightful person in the world, isn't he? Speaking of him talkin' U2, he's said that Bono was actually the inspiration for Patrick McMahon.

• Like 6

Speaking of him talkin' U2, he's said that Bono was actually the inspiration for Patrick McMahon.

I'd forgotten all about Bono's influence on Patrick McMahon!

https://www.youtube....utu.be&t=19m54s

(19:54 in case I didn't add the time stamp to the URL correctly)

They either need to kill the movie chart or someone has to challenge Howard on his position. Kulap or a guest or someone. It's getting really old for me.

Did you not listen to the Scott episode? I feel like he challenged Howard and they discussed adding a monthly TV chart.

• Like 2

Sign in to follow this