🔒 The Earwolf Forums are closed Read more... ×
Sign in to follow this  
JulyDiaz

16 Heaven Knows I'm Morrissey Now

Kevin Dorff returns to bro-bro studios along with Horatio's brother and fellow actor, Carlos Sanz. Chad searches for his break out movie role which leads the discussion into everything from tribute bands to Alien Jerky to why Carlos is always sitting in a hot tub with beautiful women. A fight breaks out in the men's room at a Ralph's grocery store and the internet continues to blow Chad away.

• Like 2

Please take some photos during the show Bro. We want to see Bro-Bro Bro. Lovin' this shit Bros!!!

• Like 2

You're the best in the Biz Sanz Bros!

• Like 1

Holy cats, Chad. I put the Hooray Show on while walking to my physical therapy appointment this morning and then resumed while walking back to my apartment. Walking down the sidewalk, I start hearing alt-J's track 'Intro' and am like, "Is somebody listening to alt-J in their car?" I keep walking and the music keeps creeping in, despite cars moving faster than I am. "Is it coming from an apartment window?" I took off my earbuds and the music stopped. You sly dog. Sure enough, as the segment ends the track kicks in before the first ad reading.

As it all happened I remembered, "Oh yeah, they talked about liking alt-J a few episodes back."

Anyway, great episode! I got a big kick out of how close in cadence Carlos' & Rog's voices are, Dorff was entertaining as always, and I really enjoyed everyone's stories and how much you all were enjoying each other's stories as well. The whole thing had a big palling around vibe, with the traveling to Vegas stories and the cartel casting stuff.

P.S. 'Something Good' also seems like it'd be a subtle, quality alt-J track you could slip into the podcast at some point. (just a random thought, as now, because of this Hooray Show ep, I am currently listening to that album)

• Like 1

I love that Alt-J being in the show inspired you to listen to their music. I had kind of the opposite story happen to me one time. When I was living in Oshkosh, I was walking from my apartment to a local comedy theater to see their local troupe, I forgot what I was listening to on my earphones, probably WTF or something like that, when this music started to creep in that I recognized, as I started to get closer to this coffee shop, the music was getting louder and I recognized the music coming from the shop rather than the headphones. Turns out, I recognized the music because there in the window were my friends Maggi and Pierce, of Hymn for Her, playing a set. I was in a band with those guys for the better part of a year and we spent about 6 months on the road together. That was cray. They didn't know I lived in Oshkosh, and I didn't know they were playing. It was an amazing way to run into them again.

I hope you guys enjoyed the show, and if you want to play along, definitely look up Mac Sabbath on YouTube during that segment. They're playing down in Long Beach this weekend and I'm half tempted...

This Tuesday: CINCO DE MAYO!!! @ UCB Sunset. LIVE HOORAY SHOW!!!!

• Like 3

Great ep! Mac Sabbath is like if Weird Al took a parody too far. But I'm also tempted to see their Long Beach show...

Horatio is a comic? I think someone took that too literally.

Love the candid photos from this episode, especially of Carlos.

oh man, this is great. plus i love the background noises at about 34min -- there are some obvious benefits to recording this somewhere where, you can, um, have a smoke.

"Hamburglar? Hamburglar plays drums."

quote of the year.

Sign in to follow this