🔒 The Earwolf Forums are closed Read more... ×
JulyDiaz

EPISODE 349 — The 6th Anniversary Show!

Also, Neil Campbell had a role on the TV show the other week (the episode with Joel McHale) where he played a man from the future who arrived naked and refused to put on clothes, and I recommend it to everyone.

• Like 4

This episode was hilarious but I was disappointed that there were TWO opportunities to say "Technicality no down boo over" and they were not taken despite all of the catchphrases!

I know! I also was surprised that neither of them commented on the fact that the Timekeeper gradually turned into Uatu the Watcher.

Anyway (catchphrase), this was fucking amazing. Love the mix of old, new-ish, and new characters. Ho-Ho and John Lennon make me laugh almost every time they speak just because of their voices. I hope that "And that's how you play Riddle Me This" becomes a running gag. Definitely one of my two favorite episodes so far this year.

Also, yet another really funny line in an ad - After Scott realizes what the 10-inch dimension of the mattress is, "You don't have to be Ant Man to enjoy it. Or Uncle Woman!"

• Like 8

Surprised no one has commented on Scott's "LEAVE HIM ALONE!!" when everyone was pig-piling on Cake Boss. I was crying laughing after I heard that.

• Like 15

Oh how insane this was. Everybody using everyone else's catch phrases killed me. And how I have missed Alan Thicke.

• Like 2

“Let's just say you may regret that second piece of cake.'

Oh my God. Regret cake? Whatever was about to happen must be truly evil.”

-Rachel Hawkins

Also, congrats to CBB for landing on a new permanent catchphrase!

• Like 4

Wow, this whole episode was amazing, but the Timekeeper had to be my favorite, I can't even put my finger on why. Absolutely gleeful silliness, all around. I felt like there were large chunks of time where Scott didn't even talk at all, there was so much going on.

This episode was insanely great. Everybody brought their A game. John Lennon is now officially one of my favorite characters on CBB. I haven't laughed this hard so consistently for a long time.

Also, what is up with the ghost shoe in those first two pictures? Is this some genie magic?

The first time Hanford did John Lennon a commenter brought up the idea that it was meant to be Ringo pretending (badly) to be Lennon and either Scott didn't pick up on it or he just refused to play along to toy with Hanford. After this second appearance I am totally convinced this is the case.

• Like 20

Middleditch needs to be a regular and I really hope we haven't heard the last of the Time Keeper. That Daniel Day Lewis in There Will Be Blood voice slayed me.

• Like 2

I have truly been with the show since day 1.

In fact, I was the person that recorded and uploaded the mp3 of the very first CDRR show to the aspecialthing.com forums (with Scott's explicit permission!). At the time, it was a live-only radio show, not a podcast. And episode 7 may have been lost forever if it hadn't been for me. Same with episode 19.

For fun, here's a relic from those days: a snippet from right before a PFT guest-hosted episode, where he talks over the very end of the previous show (Barely Legal Radio hosted by Joe Escalante, who, if I remember right, was integral in getting Scott started with Comedy Death Ray Radio):

Comedy Death Ray Radio - 2009-10-02 (Snippet before the show)

And that's probably enough horn tooting for me. Congrats on 6 years, Scott.

give it a rest, fonzi

Will this really be the last year of CBB?

did Scott say that in the episode?

I highly doubt it, It's Earwolf's flagship show, and because of the tv show connection is the one that is the most likely to bring in new Earwolf listeners who arn't already into the comedy podcast thing.

• Like 1

Will this really be the last year of CBB?

I haven't heard the whole thing, but I feel like you've probably misheard him referring to something along the lines of, "this past year" to mean this to be the last year.

Also, it's been ten months now and though Cake Boss' canon has continued to expand we still haven't addressed his moonlighting at the kitchens of the George Washington University.

Maybe a topic for a future Womp it Up?

I haven't heard the whole thing, but I feel like you've probably misheard him referring to something along the lines of, "this past year" to mean this to be the last year.

At the very end, Scott says "I say another year and we're done"

Which would be sad if true.

But lately I've noticed Scott fancies himself something of a jokester, so who knows?

• Like 8

Fantastic ep. Hanford is insanely consistent on this show, and I agree that Middleditch would be a great regular guest.

My only complaint is Whitehead's character. What was she thinking?

Whew, what a journey.

I like that Scott sounded a little disappointed when Santa couldn't remember his CBB catch phrase.

Also, I hope Michael Ableson's out there somewhere feeling like he made a difference. I think he deserves a share of the credit.

• Like 2

Scheer's character was a little foamy. That's a compliment, of course.

• Like 3

At the very end, Scott says "I say another year and we're done"

Which would be sad if true.

But lately I've noticed Scott fancies himself something of a jokester, so who knows?

Also, remember that all of these shows are recorded one year in advance, so if they wrapped up CBB, we probably would've heard about it somewhere before that ep drops this time next year.

• Like 6