🔒 The Earwolf Forums are closed Read more... ×
JulyDiaz

EPISODE 22 - U2 Talk 2 U

Awesome ep!

The part about knowing what scott had for lunch was so bizarre. I just imagine bonobos hiding in a corner with a newspaper in front of his face.

That was good uhh... podcasting right there.

• Like 5

Awesome ep!

The part about knowing what scott had for lunch was so bizarre. I just imagine bonobos hiding in a corner with a newspaper in front of his face.

That was good uhh... podcasting right there.

Bonobos knowing what Scott had for lunch is so hilarious. I think the boys, and by the boys I mean the Scotts, need to keep recording eps until they get to the bottom of how he knew.

• Like 4

NO T-SHIRTS? NO COLLEGE GIRLS?!? C-MINUS EPISODE. Just kidding, C+, because it's fucking U2.

• Like 3

www.http//computer.com/spaghetti.gov

• Like 10

I was really hoping Bono would come in as a character in the second half—MacPhisto, Mirror Ball Man, The Fly—or at least make some crank calls. But otherwise the ep was fantastic.

• Like 8

I sound stupid.

I look stupid.

I am stupid.

and breathe

• Like 12

i haven't listened yet but these pictures make me inexplicably happy. like I'm not meeting U2 but I just have the big stupid grin on my face and am super excited for Scott and Scott.

• Like 2

It was so hilarious to me that they kept referring to each other as Edge and Bono. I know that's been their names for so long but I assumed that childhood friends would call each other David and Paul.

Also, all of their accents are so lovely

• Like 10

U2 is really doing a lot of cool fan-related shit this year. Esp with all the U2 cover bands in certain cities.

Way back when I was a little boy, hoping to one day become a big boy, all the while listening to U2 Boy, no way would I think 34 years later that I would listen to two lovable lads from Hollywood interview U2.

Nope, it wasn't on my mind 34 years ago, and yet it happened anyway. You can't call me Nostradamus, I'm more like Nope-radamus.

No t-shirts, no "my wiiiiife", but I was expecting Scott (not Scott), to ask the band if they had a favorite note. Or ask The Edge, "hey Thedge, if you were stuck on an island with only one string on your guitar, what string would you want that to be?"

But seriously, last year podcasts were invented with Cereal, this year Maron interviews the POTUS, and to top it all Scott2 interview U2. The circle of life is complete.

Now, if I could just stop smiling.

• Like 7

"Your interview style seems to be compliments" ha!! Now there's the UTU2TM banter I know and love.

• Like 10

I can't believe they actually opened up I Love Films with U2, we are truly living in an incredible time that will go down in history.

• Like 13

THE GREATEST TRICK THIS PODCAST EVER PLAYED WAS MAKING ME GENUINELY LIKE U2.

HOLY SHIT THIS EPISODE GOT ME SO EXCITED. THIS IS UNREAL.

• Like 7

the rock band U2, featuring Bonobos, Thedge, Lary Clay2000lbs, and Larry Mullen Sr's Son.

Lary Clay2000lbs?

Someone needs to listen to an ep of UTU2TM to get the names right using their comprehensive AND encyclopedic knowledge of the band Hugh Too.

On the end of the show and Scott's comments about how a podcast can get you to meet some big names, whilst Scott and Scott are in a great position to do such a thing, it's not entirely untrue beyond the humour.

In the 9 months before the Entourage movie I did an entire show podcast based on each season, and because PRs control everything, it helped land me into the film's junket, meaning a fist-bump with Doug 'The D-Bag' Ellin.

Shit's cray in podcast land, and this is a primo example.

Amazing work Scott.

Amazing work also to Scott.

I hope you found what you big boys were dreaming of.

• Like 6

THE GREATEST TRICK THIS PODCAST EVER PLAYED WAS MAKING ME GENUINELY LIKE U2.

HOLY SHIT THIS EPISODE GOT ME SO EXCITED. THIS IS UNREAL.

U changin' your mind 'bout U2 like me 2? Yeah, this was unbelievable! (Oh!)

• Like 1