🔒 The Earwolf Forums are closed Read more... ×
JulyDiaz

Episode 126.5 - Minisode 126.5

I also wanted to say that I was in no way trying to make it seem like I was calling out the HDTGM gang as racist for not touching on this during the episode. It was just something that completely shocked me when viewing it and I was rather surprised that I was the first person to bring the subject up.

Oh, I don't think you came off that way and I definitely think it was (and still is) a valid point. It was certainly on my mind while watching it. I might have brought it up myself, but I was really committed to my bit where each of my posts was "sponsored" by one of the companies that had ads in the Holiday Special. I really couldn't think of a way bring up such a sensitive subject as an actor performing in Blackface and somehow tie it into No Nonsense Pantyhose or Pillsbury Plus Yellow Cake without coming off like a complete shithead. Then again, not bringing it up for the sake of a dumb joke still makes me kind of an asshole, maybe even more so. Which, for me personally, is a harsh pill to swallow.

Taylor Anne, you are a far better person than I.

• Like 1

"Not, Shazam--even though Shazam should have been the title. It's much easier: Shaq, Shazam. I guess there's a Marvel character...Oh brother. I guess that would have been a big problem..."

Shazam is what siri calls Kazaam. I watched it last night and its more watchable then say Steel for me anyway.

and for the record Harvey Korman is not black faced he's silver faced. as he clearly is trying to look like a robot. but what do I know, all of those robots look alike to me.

• Like 2

Oh, I don't think you came off that way and I definitely think it was (and still is) a valid point. It was certainly on my mind while watching it. I might have brought it up myself, but I was really committed to my bit where each of my posts was "sponsored" by one of the companies that had ads in the Holiday Special. I really couldn't think of a way bring up such a sensitive subject as an actor performing in Blackface and somehow tie it into No Nonsense Pantyhose or Pillsbury Plus Yellow Cake without coming off like a complete shithead. Then again, not bringing it up for the sake of a dumb joke still makes me kind of an asshole, maybe even more so. Which, for me personally, is a harsh pill to swallow.

Taylor Anne, you are a far better person than I.

Oh no you stop that right now! No one here is an asshole (except maybe a few stragglers that we have ALL called out for being such)!

• Like 2

Shazam is what siri calls Kazaam.

Which is just one of the many reasons that I will never fear Skynet.

harvey-korman-star-wars.jpg

Every time I see this, I can't help but think that Korman has the look of a comedian that has committed to a bit that he knows isn't funny, but has no idea how to save it or bail.

• Like 3

To be fair, "Shazam" is the word that transforms Billy Batson into Captain Marvel (who DC renamed "Shazam" after the New 52 launch, but that's bullshit, so he's still Captain Marvel) and was the title of DC's Captain Marvel book because of an existing trademark by Marvel. Marvel's Captain Marvel came out almost 30 years after the DC one, but the DC character's book had always been called Whiz Comics (similar to how Superman was Action Comics and Batman was Detective Comics).

That's the short version of a really long history between the two characters, but basically, my point is that unless you're a comic book nerd, I can see how you might get them confused. If that had come from Jason, it would be inexcusable, but I can see how Paul might get it mixed up (I'm a comic book nerd, and I still have take a minute to remember which Captain Marvel people are talking about when they mention the upcoming movie. Which is only gets more confusing sometimes because they're putting out both a Shazam and a Carol Danvers Captain Marvel movie.

• Like 4

Oh no you stop that right now! No one here is an asshole (except maybe a few stragglers that we have ALL called out for being such)!

You're a peach, Taylor Anne!

That's the short version of a really long history between the two characters, but basically, my point is that unless you're a comic book nerd, I can see how you might get them confused. If that had come from Jason, it would be inexcusable, but I can see how Paul might get it mixed up.

But, but, but...Paul has WRITTEN for Marvel, he's going to be (or his likeness anyway) in upcoming issue of Ant-Man. He's even said on the podcast he's a "Marvel" guy. I'm not saying his geek card needs be revoked, I'm just saying I'm not sure if it should be renewed.

• Like 2

No one here is an asshole (except maybe a few stragglers that we have ALL called out for being such)!

DON'T TALK ABOUT ME LIKE I'M NOT HERE, TAYLORANNE!

• Like 5

Okay so I did a bit of research for the last 20 minutes or so (I hope my job appreciates how much I really put into my work...)

I'm starting a petition to get a character in the next Star Wars film named "Tay Loranne".

She's the Resistance fighter last seen dicking around on Spacebook while everyone else is trying to destroy Starkiller Base.

• Like 7

I'm starting a petition to get a character in the next Star Wars film named "Tay Loranne".

She's the Resistance fighter last seen dicking around on Spacebook while everyone else is trying to destroy Starkiller Base.

Please we all know she would actually be spending most of her time flirting with Poe Dameron... or Finn... or Rey...

• Like 5

But, but, but...Paul has WRITTEN for Marvel, he's going to be (or his likeness anyway) in upcoming issue of Ant-Man. He's even said on the podcast he's a "Marvel" guy. I'm not saying his geek card needs be revoked, I'm just saying I'm not sure if it should be renewed.

Or, at the very least, be featured on a Amazing Fantasy-style Spider-Man variant cover.

• Like 1

Please we all know she would actually be spending most of her time flirting with Poe Dameron... or Finn... or Rey...

As a woman, what's your take on Ben Solo/Kylo Ren? Hot or not?

• Like 1

Honestly, I'm kinda flip floppy about whether or not I am attracted to Adam Driver at all. When he first took his helmet off I was like okay I see you but for the rest of the movie I was like yeah not feelin' it anymore. I just saw him in Tracks with Mia Wasikowska, though, and that's maybe the first time I was vibin' on him throughout an entire thing.

Wow worst answer to that question ever?

Basically my gut reaction is to say NOT! But Adam Driver has his appeal lol.

• Like 2

Honestly, I'm kinda flip floppy about whether or not I am attracted to Adam Driver at all. When he first took his helmet off I was like okay I see you but for the rest of the movie I was like yeah not feelin' it anymore. I just saw him in Tracks with Mia Wasikowska, though, and that's maybe the first time I was vibin' on him throughout an entire thing.

Wondered if this will sway you one way or another on Adam Driver, but it blew my mind that I had seen him before TFA:

in OUTER . . . . SPACE . . . no less.

• Like 3

Also, you didn't really answer the question. The question was "is Ben Solo/Kylo Ren" hot, not is Adam Driver hot.

And why does it just have to be a woman's opinion? I have no problem ranking some dudes. Let's get objectifying!

As far as Adam Driver is concerned, I think he's one of those people who, while not traditionally handsome, can look good at the right angle. However, he must always stay at that angle. He's kind of like a fun house mirror in that way.

adam-driver-as-nightwing.jpg

sexy11.jpg

I also have the feeling like he would be much better looking in person, if that makes sense.

Now as far as Kylo Ren is concerned, personality is going to play a huge factor. He's needy, insecure, and a bit of a crybaby. So then I'd say, not attractive and absolutely not fuckable.

No, in terms of the Hot Guys of the Star Wars (movie) Universe, the winner is, hands down, Han Solo followed closely by Poe Dameron.

The correct order is:

1) Han Solo

2) Poe Dameron

3) Finn

4) Lando Calrissian

5) Young Obi-Wan Kenobi

6) Wedge Antilles

7) Luke Skywalker

8) Old Obi-Wan Kenobi

9) Chewbacca

10) Kylo Ren

11) Anakin Skywalker--Sebastian Shaw and Hayden Christensen (tie)

Of course, this list is just based strictly on fuckability. Now if you want to talk relationship-wise, that's going to be a whole other list...

• Like 5

Wondered if this will sway you one way or another on Adam Driver, but it blew my mind that I had seen him before TFA:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lSwO-k-RqNA

How to make Adam Driver look even weirder: Put him next to two incredibly attractive people.

• Like 4

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lSwO-k-RqNA

When I saw that movie, I thought that the most enjoyable song was the one that was supposed to be bad. However singer songwriter folk has never really been my thing (I do enjoy traditional folk musics from around the world though)

Edit: I really want JT to appear in Ep. 8 after rewatching this clip

• Like 3

That's the same reaction my wife had to him. To quote: "Yeah… well... "

He doesn't *seem* like a bad looking guy to me; perhaps a bit too emo/Martin Shkreli-ish as far as evilness goes, but not ugly. He’s more like an elongated Han Solo, but without the dashing charm or rouge-ish charisma. But then again, when your dad is Han Solo, you're pretty much screwed in the comparison department.

• Like 4

And why does it just have to be a woman's opinion? I have no problem ranking some dudes. Let's get objectifying!

Oh, you know I hold your opinion in the highest esteem, Cameron, especially when it comes to objectifying and ranking dudes. And for the record, Lando is No.2 on my Hot Guys of the Star Wars (movie) Universe list - as he should be on yours. Never let the smooth taste fool you into believing otherwise.

• Like 3

This is the best part of the list right here. Well done, sir.

• Like 2

Oh, you know I hold your opinion in the highest esteem, Cameron, especially when it comes to objectifying and ranking dudes. And for the record, Lando is No.2 on my Hot Guys of the Star Wars (movie) Universe list - as he should be on yours. Never let the smooth taste fool you into believing otherwise.

The Fuck??? Lando? Maybe over Finn, but over Poe??

2bcxfSqJ.jpg

Look man, I don't want to start any shit, but c'mon!

I'll give you this: Lando's going to give you a nice time. It's gonna be about you--he's a giver. There's gonna be candles and messages and satin sheets--the whole bit. But we're talking about a Resistance pilot, man! Sex with Poe would be off the fucking chain! It's going to be hot, it's going to be sweaty, you're going to go places you never thought you would go. And when it's over, you're going to look into those beautiful brown eyes, and you're going to thank him for it.

And, incidentally, Poe would also be number one on my relationship list.

• Like 4

The correct order is:

1) Han Solo

2) Poe Dameron

3) Finn

4) Lando Calrissian

5) Young Obi-Wan Kenobi

6) Wedge Antilles

7) Luke Skywalker

8) Old Obi-Wan Kenobi

9) Chewbacca

10) Kylo Ren

Of course, this list is just based strictly on fuckability. Now if you want to talk relationship-wise, that's going to be a whole other list...

TBH I'm kind of offended that your list is 10 humans and 1 low ranked wookie. It's a pretty human centric list bro. Branch out your species horizon. You don't think Nien Nunb or Admiral Ackbar wouldn't want some love? And what about the Droids?

• Like 3

Also, you didn't really answer the question. The question was "is Ben Solo/Kylo Ren" hot, not is Adam Driver hot.

But I did towards the end! I realized my answer was rather shit and came back with a "Nah but Adam Driver maybe!"

• Like 1

TBH I'm kind of offended that your list is 10 humans and 1 low ranked wookie. It's a pretty human centric list bro. Branch out your species horizon. You don't think Nien Nunb or Admiral Ackbar wouldn't want some love? And what about the Droids?

Hey man, #9 out of an entire UNIVERSE is pretty good. Besides, Kit Fisto would have been #12.

databank_kitfisto_01_169_21517d01.jpeg?region=0%2C0%2C1560%2C878&width=768

Although, I admit Admiral Ackbar would be pretty low. Nothing against him personally, but I think it would be pretty boring.

• Like 1