🔒 The Earwolf Forums are closed Read more... ×
JulyDiaz

Episode 139.5 - Minisode 139.5

You'd think that, just off the top of my head after feeling a bit creative when it just hit me, stream of conciousness whilst I'm bored as fuck with a back injury.

Don't feel bad, I once wrote on the forums a lengthy theory on how Judge Dredd and his cursed world was just the remnants of what happened at the end of Demolition Man, and that Dredd was actually a test tube descendant of Spartan, but the only response I got was from one dude saying that I was bonkers. So sometimes they land and sometimes they don't.

Omg I just looked this up on IMDB and the original title was "How I Met My New Boyfriend's Dead Fiancee or: Ghost Bitch"

That's certainly a mouthful. Also Ghost Bitch just takes me back to Death Spa. I want one movie to actually be titled Ghost Bitch.

I'm almost certain that somewhere in the annals of shitty Amazon Prime movies there is a movie with such a title.

Watching mannequin 2 right now. My favorite line is so far is "The cream of Philadelphia society will be here". I believe thats like 4 people.

• Like 2

I was most surprised by his reading my second one... I felt like I had already got thoroughly put in my place by the forum when I first brought it up, so it was kind of weird to bring up something a number of people already didn't agree with, but whatever. Wasn't my favorite comment in the world anyway. Although...one good thing that could possibly come out of it would be if either First Time Caller or Jarry Canada would Photoshop an image of Mr. Scheer coming out of a Hot Topic in full emo gear chowing down on a large slice of Sbarro's. That would be delightful!

place holder for that image!, wait one moment please!

first I have to ask google whats emo gear?

emotryrubbingyoureyes.gif

do you mean "Hot Topic" or Hot tub"?

• Like 3

rwq52g.jpg

He really wants you to enjoy that pie, he burned his dam hands off for ya.

• Like 4

rwq52g.jpg

He really wants you to enjoy that pie, he burned his dam hands off for ya.

First of all, that's fucking brilliant. Thank you! I knew I could count on your expertise. Secondly, I'm not sure if you were being serious or not, so this is what I think of when I think "emo" --which is, like, all the time.

emo2.jpg

However, come to think of it, is there even a picture on Earth where Paul isn't smiling? Although, it might be funnier if does have a huge grin on his face.

And Hot Topic was a store that sold a whole bunch of punk, emo, and goth gear in the mall. Having not been to a mall in years, I honestly don't even know if they are still around. I can only hope not.

hot-topic.jpg

• Like 3

Literally the mall that my friends and I would go to in high school has a Hot Topic across from the Sbarro. Stop stalking our mall, Paul.

But I envision him to look like the dude's I went to school with. Just with those huge flared black pants, wearing three studded belts (none of which are doing their job), black spikey hair with bangs covering one eye, a My Chemical Romance shirt, and of course nothing is complete without the heavy black eyeliner.

ETA: THOSE PANTS IN THAT PICTURE THAT CAMERON JUST POSTED!

• Like 2

Literally the mall that my friends and I would go to in high school has a Hot Topic across from the Sbarro. Stop stalking our mall, Paul.

But I envision him to look like the dude's I went to school with. Just with those huge flared black pants, wearing three studded belts (none of which are doing their job), black spikey hair with bangs covering one eye, a My Chemical Romance shirt, and of course nothing is complete without the heavy black eyeliner.

ETA: THOSE PANTS IN THAT PICTURE THAT CAMERON JUST POSTED!

Is emo even a thing anymore? I always thought it was the dumbest thing ever. Like, I get being a part of a counter culture, but at least nominally, most of those types of group were being rebellious in an attempt to put forward some sort of message. Emo always felt so defeatist and passive. Like, "I'm an upper middle class white kid and the world sucks. I guess I'll try to win the trophy for Daddy's Biggest Disappointment."

sad-emo-kid-has-to-buy-iphone_o_2477695.jpg

I remember my old guitar player wanted to make our punk band more emo and I was like, "Nope, I'm out." He still plays in the LA area from what I understand...if anyone in that area is interested in that kind of thing.

• Like 3

I noticed that Paul pronounces "Sbarro" like "sparrow", remaining faithful to his chosen faction in the Mario/Marry-o Civil War.

• Like 4

First of all, that's fucking brilliant. Thank you! I knew I could count on your expertise. Secondly, I'm not sure if you were being serious or not, so this is what I think of when I think "emo" --which is, like, all the time.

i played south park the video game and I know what emos are.

1zo7qs3.jpg

• Like 2

They're just called "hipsters" now.

what do they call those guys with the Japanese style buns? that I've been going on all about all week,it's driving me crazy, do they have a group name or are those just ass holes?

You know that guy.

2lmt3yg.jpg

it's all leading to this lady's and we know what that means,

end of the world.

this is me just going to the mall. and how I see the world right now.

• Like 2

I noticed that Paul pronounces "Sbarro" like "sparrow", remaining faithful to his chosen faction in the Mario/Marry-o Civil War.

Preface: I lose. Eating and trying on clothes is totally fine. Mea culpa. I'm not going to defend that position. However, that being said...

I found it funny that his example of not "eating til bloating" and "we don't eat with our hands" was getting a slice of pizza at Sbarro. Is he eating his pizza with a fork and knife like some kind of alien?

ETA: I think his other example was a steak and cheese sub. Again, weird choice to make your point...

Is that like a regional thing? Like Nev-ah-da vs. Nev-add-a? Caramel vs Carmel?

what do they call those guys with the Japanese style buns? that I've been going on all about all week,it's driving me crazy, do they have a group name or are those just ass holes?

Hot.

No honestly I don't think they have a name cause I've seen that break style barriers.

• Like 3

Emo's are much different to Hipsters, although, a lot of Hipsters may be former emos, but they're very different.

Emo's were the kids who were too big pussies to go all in on the whole "Goth" thing, they believe that nobody really gets them, and they're very quick to cry when they get slapped. They give off the impression that they don't like anything, and nobody really gets them.

Hipsters on the other hand, everything is about the facade, and trying EVERYTHING in their power to be different, if something is worn or enjoyed by something else, get rid of it, because it's useless now. Everything has to be liked "ironically", you can't just like something, there has to be an angle to it.

I'll tell a story about hipsters, I went into HMV, and a bunch of Hipsters came in, seemingly in competition with each other to see who could be the most pretentious, they'd pick up CDs by people like Tom Jones, and sarcastically say shit like "Oh, Tom Jones, I really need to get this in my collection" and after a few rounds of that, one of the female hipsters exclaimed "OH MY GOD! DO THESE PEOPLE NOT KNOW WHAT MUSIC IS?!"

The girl hipsters made their way over to where I am, the War and Western DVD section, one of them picked up The Good, The Band and The Ugly and said "Oh my god, I'm gonna buy it!" and her friend said "No you're not!", she then said "Yeah, I am, can you imagine it, me, of all people, with the epitome of American Cinema, everyone would be like 'No way'".

This old bloke walks up to them and said "Well, you best put that back then, because that's Italian", and I just wanted to celebrate in the aisles of HMV.

• Like 2

I just wanted to tell my emo and hipster stories.

• Like 3

I just wanted to tell my emo and hipster stories.

I am sorry to be the one to tell you this, but I think you've placed too much work into that.

Ohh well.

• Like 4

Is emo even a thing anymore? I always thought it was the dumbest thing ever. Like, I get being a part of a counter culture, but at least nominally, most of those types of group were being rebellious in an attempt to put forward some sort of message. Emo always felt so defeatist and passive. Like, "I'm an upper middle class white kid and the world sucks. I guess I'll try to win the trophy for Daddy's Biggest Disappointment."

sad-emo-kid-has-to-buy-iphone_o_2477695.jpg

I remember my old guitar player wanted to make our punk band more emo and I was like, "Nope, I'm out." He still plays in the LA area from what I understand...if anyone in that area is interested in that kind of thing.

To be fair, "emo" started out as a term to describe a kind of hardcore. Rites of Spring is generally considered one of the first - if not the first - emo bands (although RoS refuses any association with emo). It was originally called emotive hardcore before being shortened to emo-core and, eventually, emo. Early emo was influenced by stuff like Black Flag and Minor Threat.

Then angsty kids in the suburbs picked it up in the 90s and turned it all to complete shit.

• Like 2

I'm so excited for the next episode. Mannequin 2 was one of my favorite movies when I was a little kid because it had a princess in it. And I thought she was really pretty and like everything I wanted to be, because I was an idiot.

Also, Paul Reiser's mom from Mad About You is in it.

• Like 2

I think we need to force Paul to take this test.

Actually I think we should all take it. It got me down exactly as North Texas. Fuckin' test.

• Like 2