🔒 The Earwolf Forums are closed Read more... ×
agata

Episode 147 - Julie Klausner, Back Again

In preparation for a potential matchup against lizzy's team, I would like to draft Another Nice Cold Beer. In case of a matchup with steveh, I am going to also pick up New England Patriots owner Robert Draft

• Like 10

I'm a bit behind, so my second round draft pick would be "'In Memory Of ...' Vinyl Stickers on Average Cars"

• Like 11

HH fantasy league update: after 2 quarters of play, Mutant League Football is leading Half a Handcuff, 28-17

Tonight's prime-time match-up features nohorseman's Podcast Hosts Doing a Bit around leaving 5 star iTunes reviews & In Memory Of Vinyl Stickers on Average Cars taking on Bo Jackson from the NES, Katie Ledecky, & the Cardinals D

With my 4th round pick I select the Nuclear Option, but promise to keep it safely on the bench. I also draft the magical weed strain Bridget Jones Diarrhea. Both these players are inactive til Week 2 so it should be a good game tonight

• Like 9

I would like to draft the concept of Android podcast subscription apps having an option to leave a review that iTunes can aggregate or TCOAPSAHAOTLARTiCA for short.

• Like 9

i thought that was going to happen when google play started being able to do podcasts but instead it just lets you stream them or something?

• Like 9

I don't know what Google play's deal is. Howl kept rejecting my credit card even though its perfectly good, and Google play wouldn't even let me purchase google play credits with it even though I could still buy other apps like this fake version of Siri, which has been refusing to give me a horoscope reading for the past week (even though she has not yet repeated herself when I say "Tell me a joke!"). The struggle is real to not become a full blown conspiricy theorist, some days. But deep down inside, I know that there is no such thing as surprise parties....

• Like 8

Not sure what round we're on, but I'd like to draft Vaping Hard as Fuck and Blowing Huge Fuckin Clouds

EDIT: Not sure if I get an extra pick or not for missing a round, but if I do, I'd also like to draft Actually Being the Smartest Kid in Class But Not Doing Any Work Cause Like, Who Cares About The Scarlet Letter It's Boring and Lame Why Can't We Read Cool Stuff Like Watchmen, Which is Actually a Really Smart, Good Book, Even Though It's a Comic, I Think We Should Read That Instead

• Like 13

did your dad work on the 757, President Trump's private jet?

No, although that is probably one of the most underrated aircraft in history and I'm a huge fan. Hillary Clinton would have used one very frequently as Secretary of State and First Lady as well, so it's a real bipartisan aircraft.

• Like 12

This episode made me laugh so hard I peed my pants.

Unfortunately I was wearing those traveling pants and Blake Lively is pissed...

• Like 11

I had to read 'The Giver' in 6th grade. At the time i thought it was boring AF but I may have to give it another shot on Audible as an adult because there were some powerful ideas in there, looking back.

Edit: Looking back in the more recent past, "The King in Yellow" may have been a poor choice for my free trial. Eh, what can ya do.

• Like 8

Edit: Looking back in the more recent past, "The King in Yellow" may have been a poor choice for my free trial. Eh, what can ya do.

Create a fake email and make a new account- I recommend "Confrderacy of Dunces" if you're set on non-fiction, that way you're sure that the author doesn't get any money

• Like 5

If there is one thing I can recommend to anyone, it's buying an ebook copy of a book that has long ago entered the public domain

• Like 9

I think a major problem that society at large has yet to tackle is some form of consistent way to convey the tone of voice in which text is meant to be read. The line between bitter sarcasm and honest irony is just fucking me up hardcore style.

• Like 4

online irony gave me mental illness lol

speaking of, i've been reading a lot of people online saying that mr clements is often "guarded" on air. frankly i can't wait for his WTF episode so it can be settled once and for all that he is never in "characteR" and is always being him

• Like 3

*walks up to microphone*

My second draft pick is ASMR videos.

*slowly squishes the foamy part of the microphone, whispers inaudibly until dragged off-stage*

• Like 14

*walks up to microphone*

*slowly squishes the foamy part of the microphone, whispers inaudibly until dragged off-stage*

you can stun the security guards if ASMR them so good that they get the type of "tingles" where your legs give out from under you

• Like 3

*walks up to microphone*

I can dig that some are into ASMR, but after so much metal it feels exclusionary (meaning it makes me sad despite being no one's fault but mine) to my ability to hear soft sounds. Also I couldnt hear you on mic because I was listening to the new rap album from Death Grips.

• Like 3

I hope this won't be too spooky for Sean.

nxruj6.jpg

To see the full effect, including the floating Silent Hill flakes, go here.

• Like 12

as a good ol computer boy, this is my kind of ASMR:

[media='']

[/media]
  • Like 3

nxruj6.jpg

ahhhhhhhhh!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

• Like 2

Brace yourself, beeface. :(

2ugopoh.jpg

• Like 11

nxruj6.jpg

Incoming nerd rant...

Silent Hill doesn't have flakes, it has fog.

In the first game this was a graphical limitation disguised as a bizarre environmental phenomenon but by the second game it had become a metaphor for lack of foresight on the part of the main character, and in the third game the fog was a way for the main character to block out traumatic memories, which it could also be said was true of the second game. The whole rust and paint peeling away and ashes falling from the sky (the latter being based on the still burning underground coal fires of Centralia Pennsylvania) were incorporated into the movie adaptations which are not canon. The Silent Hill canon ends with the forth game, which even then was tenuous, not even taking place in the town itself, but following SH4: The Room, the series was outsourced to different companies outside of Japan and Akira Yamaoka's involvement (Who also wrote the music for the games up to that point) ceased.

The monster with the pyramidal head should not ever have appeared outside of the second game since each character experiences their own personal hell inside of the town and there should be no overlap of monsters between different people, but more over it DEFINETLY shouldn't have appeared as it did in the films because the pyramid is a phallus and was the male main character's own ego haunting him for what he had done.

Game one, the series was finding itself.

Game two was an exploration of a male's experience of regret.

Game three was an exploration of a female's experience of trauma.

Game four was about agorophobia.

After that it gets all scattershot and may as well have a different title slapped on the franchise.

People don't get metaphor.

• Like 8

You're hired

Just kidding I'm not in the position to be hiring more staff, but I really like what you're doing with that post, One Person.

• Like 6

I've been watching Vice principals and it's funny and cool. I hope Hayes can use some of his big time hollywood producer clout to get danny mcbride and/or walter goggles on the podcast

• Like 6