🔒 The Earwolf Forums are closed Read more... ×
Sign in to follow this  
admin

Episode 114 — Hats Off to Caruso

The Earwolf studio is experiencing a British Invasion! They're coming to Attack the Block and we're too Spaced to call the Hot Fuzz. It feels like Earwolf Vs. The World and hopefully we won't end up (Shaun of the) Dead (okay, I'm done now). Joe Cornish and Edgar Wright are our special guests who earn their keep in a heated game of Hollywood Facts and a rousing round of Would You Rather. Representing for the US of A is songwriter and entrepreneur Martin Riley who helps us with the creative process of penning a tune for a special occasion. Go see Attack the Block and check out Martin's friend Matt Besser on Earwolf's very own competition show The Earwolf Challenge.

I think E.D. may have mislabelled an episode of Doug Loves Movies...

(edit: based on listening to none of the episode)

Boom! Donated a day of studio time. Better get that studio. Fun episode too, big fan of both lads.

When I saw Joe Cornish's name next to the episode number I got excited enough to finally join the website, donation coming soon

Scott is infiltrating two of my TV favorite shows this week?! Nice plugs, sir.

It's weird to hear two people behind some of my favorite shows when I was in my early teens talk about them a decade later on an American comedy podcast. Felt like Joe Cornish kind of just wanted to promote his film and get out at first, it got a bit annoying how many plugs there were for Attack the Block throughout the show, (although it's understandable in his position) but once he and Edgar both relaxed into the format they did well and they got some good material out of Matt Besser's character.

Although an episode that's only an hour long always makes me think there were lots of awkward bits that that didn't work so well that were cut out.

Wow, never thought I'd hear a Riley Martin impression on here. And I think Samm the Ma'amm is "Little Wolverine." I mean, come on, "Tiny Wolverine" is just mean.

Odd to have Cornballs on the show and not play a single song wars track. Nonsense nonsense nonsense!

Is it just me, or does Joe Cornish's voice bear a striking similarity to R.O. Mance? Just add reverb.

Is there anyway that Engineer Frank can rework the audio to have the British accents sound more Belizean Creole?

Monday is my favorite day of the week because of this show. Wonderful episode. One question though, how the fuck did the new guests get in the studio what with the dogpocalypse still under way? I need closure with my doomsday scenarios.

I gotta say... what about a move called Robbins n' Caruso. Tim Robbins and David Caruso are stranded on a desert island...

Hollywood Facts killed me this week, especially the movies with colons-Road To Wellville-Joan Cusack as Banderas's future wife stretch.

I gotta say, I was a little uncomfortable when I thought the movie was "Attack the Black" instead of "Attack the Block".

Oh man, I can only imagine how livid dude gets when he hears that bastardized version of "Happy Birthday" that goes "Happy birthday to you, you live in a zoo...".

@Sam... And I wonder how he feels about restaurants that write their own lame birthday songs to avoid singing his song?

i really love comedy bang bang, and really love cornballs, so was really disappointed that this was one of the worst episodes everrr (have listened to every one ever over the couple of months, and actually amn't exaggerrrattting). still some good laughs in it tho! weird that there was no reference to the adam and joe podcast. just think that the matt besser (sp?) character wasn't really funny at all (not that he isn't normally funny)

In Doug Loves Movies type controversial fashion I think Scott needs to go back and award Cornballs the win in Hollywood Facts. He answered the question “Would you like to work with Antonio Banderas?” totally correctly (Scott even said so), and should have gotten a point.

I am now excited to see Attack the Block, if it is half as good as the last movie Scott spent a whole show promoting (Bridesmaids) then it will be one of my favorites this year.

I really enjoyed this episode but I'm disapointed that we didn't get any Songwars. Keep up the good work all!

Sign in to follow this