🔒 The Earwolf Forums are closed Read more... ×
Cameron H.

Musical Mondays Off-Week 4 (Cakebug Tranch's Pick)

Cakebug, sorry I badmouthed your pick; especially since I've never even seen it.

I watched 8 minutes of it this morning. You may want to hold off on your apology. You might not be completely wrong ;)

• Like 4

As I was watching this it was driving me crazy where I recognized Max from. It didn't hit to me until almost the end that he was Mason Verger on Hannibal! With Eddie Izzard that makes two Hannibal people in this movie. I miss Hannibal...

Holy shit I didn't even realize he was Mason Verger for those episodes! I only remembered the Michael Pitt version!

I miss that show too...

• Like 4

It's tempting for me to get defensive, but that's the reason I didn't pick a movie that I am fully emotionally invested in.

So, no need for apologies: the movie was picked because it's trying to do something that's far beyond anyone's capabilities, and there are major flaws in it, absolutely. But the moments that work are worth the trouble with the rest of it. All I ask is that you watch with the openness of mind that accepts that there are weaknesses right alongside moments of brilliance. And no, it's not the Beatles - who could be!

Try more than eight minutes, Cam. You haven't even got to Bono yet! :P

With all that said,

There's NO way it's as terrible as Tommy.

• Like 3

Hannibal...

They totally survived that fall, right? They ran off and got married and lived happily ever after, right? RIGHT?

• Like 2

Holy shit I didn't even realize he was Mason Verger for those episodes! I only remembered the Michael Pitt version!

I miss that show too...

No harm in that because we got to see Michael Pitt's face. It was all about his voice.

I'm still sadly keeping hope alive that we'll get a movie eventually.

• Like 2

Hannibal...

They totally survived that fall, right? They ran off and got married and lived happily ever after, right? RIGHT?

tumblr_mmy9wbcVwj1rvtlumo1_500.gif

• Like 2

No harm in that because we got to see Michael Pitt's face. It was all about his voice.

I'm still sadly keeping hope alive that we'll get a movie eventually.

But I remember them announcing that Michael was leaving and was being replaced by Joe and even with that I just remember Michael's face & voice the whole time.

Guess it's time for a rewatch!

• Like 1

It's tempting for me to get defensive, but that's the reason I didn't pick a movie that I am fully emotionally invested in.

So, no need for apologies: the movie was picked because it's trying to do something that's far beyond anyone's capabilities, and there are major flaws in it, absolutely. But the moments that work are worth the trouble with the rest of it. All I ask is that you watch with the openness of mind that accepts that there are weaknesses right alongside moments of brilliance. And no, it's not the Beatles - who could be!

With all that said,

Honestly, it does get better after the first act. Cameron, it might be best to power through rather than watch it in 8 minute increments, lol.

Also, Cakebug,

CALdDWX.gif

• Like 3

Try more than eight minutes, Cam. You haven't even got to Bono yet! :P/>

With all that said,

I know. I'm going to give it a fair shake. I'm just saying the first 8 mins have done little to alleviate my concerns.

In other news, I'm currently listening to the In the Heights soundtrack for about the one millionth time. If any of you jokers haven't listened to it yet, what are we even doing here?

• Like 1

Goo goo g' joob

• Like 4

In other news, I'm currently listening to the In the Heights soundtrack for about the one millionth time. If any of you jokers haven't listened to it yet, what are we even doing here?

giphy.gif

• Like 4

I CAN NOT WAIT FOR THAT MOVIE!

That's one that I hope whoever's turn it is the week it's released picks that cause I'm gonna be seeing it opening day fo sho.

(whoever's doesn't feel like proper grammar but I am super tired so deal with it)

• Like 3

I know. I'm going to give it a fair shake. I'm just saying the first 8 mins have done little to alleviate my concerns.

That's per-Hamilton Lin-Manual Miranda right? Like his first musical?

• Like 2

I CAN NOT WAIT FOR THAT MOVIE!

That's one that I hope whoever's turn it is the week it's released picks that cause I'm gonna be seeing it opening day fo sho.

(whoever's doesn't feel like proper grammar but I am super tired so deal with it)

Movie you say????

• Like 2

giphy.gif

• Like 2

That's per-Hamilton Lin-Manual Miranda right? Like his first musical?

It is indeed.

• Like 2

Honestly, it does get better after the first act. Cameron, it might be best to power through rather than watch it in 8 minute increments, lol.

Also, Cakebug,

CALdDWX.gif

Oh, I will. I just got 8 minutes in before the rest of my family came downstairs. I didn't want them to see my shame.

• Like 5

Oh, I will. I just got 8 minutes in before the rest of my family came downstairs. I didn't want them to see my shame.

post-40769-Anna-Kendrick-dont-make-that-f-6PXC.gif

• Like 4

This movie is full of little parts with people like Dr. Venture, The Lizard, Mr. Noodle, and that guy from the Matrix. Shame most of them get only a few lines.

I'm a HUGE Bates Motel fan, but Hannibal started to feel like a chore after a while. I got most of the way through the first season. I love Mads Whatever [the guy who played Hannibal].