🔒 The Earwolf Forums are closed Read more... ×
Sign in to follow this  
Cameron H.

HDTGM Classics vol 1 Burlesque

Wow, a minute forty never felt longer. First, their French was terrible. Second, is blue suit and crown suppose to be Beast and is that Patrick Warbutron?

Yeah, that's the Beast. Sometimes he growls and shit. Cameron H is threatening for this to be a MM pick and I'm not going to go quietly if that's the case.

I watched this earlier on Freeform streaming. Here are my notes.

~~~ Bang Talk with Elektra~~~

Christina's wigs drove me nuts. First she has no bangs. Then when she's in LA (at the club) she has very short bangs. Whenever she's in the apartment, she has medium bangs. Then when she starts singing, she has no bangs again.

-- she mysteriously has bangs when she is in LA. Did she stop to get her hair done? (Wig done.) Stanley Tucci suggests she wear a wig and I'm like "no shit."

I felt bad for the dancers who had to learn these routines. Particularly the ones of color because only the white ladies were allowed to have stories or personalities. (Or get pregnant.)

I don't understand Cher's financial situation at all. Does she own the club? Or is she renting? I think owns because she sells the air rights. I'm assuming she's heavily mortgaged but why couldn't she show them the paper about their new singer and say, "Look, we're more popular now!" to get a loan? And firstly, why would Jack hire a new person if they are having financial troubles? All she does is stand and stare at the show. She should pay them.

-- good on Stanley Tucci for getting paid twice to do one character.

-- how did Christina know where the bartender lived? Creepy. She gives the flattest delivery of "I'm glad I don't have to be alone tonight." There is no chemistry.

-- how dare they do the training montage to a Madonna song.

-- they are wasting money on putting makeup on AFTER THE SHOW IS OVER.

-- Cher has to be in complete darkness when she cries. Ack.

-- I don't see how everyone stops dead when she sings, she is not micced. Unless they are hiding the mic pack in her butt, like in Running Man.

-- Alan Cumming was clearly on set one day. All of his reaction shots are in the little ticket booth. Like he has been trapped in there for weeks on end. Then they let him out to sing, but before Ali they never sang? So maybe his life was just like a horror show and then he was like, "Tess, I can sing too! Please let me out!"

-- Nice of Eric Dane to just reveal his evil plan. Why would he come to the club all the time he if just wants the air rights?

-- is anyone else getting Bobo Chris Evans from the bartender?

-- Stanley Tucci has more chemistry with Cher than Bobo Chris has with Christina.

-- I don't think Kristen Bell and Cher were together for their confrontation. Because Bell is enormous and Cher is not moving her face.

-- hen did the couch become chaise lounge with blankets? It's probably bad that this is what I am wondering about during the sexy times.

-- "John was my mother's name." Only time I laughed. Love you, Stanley Tucci.

-- Two days!?!

-- okay, real question. Isn't this a basement club? Why are there so many windows?

-- did Barbara sell James Brolin to Cher for a day?

-- Jack's song is the worst of the movie.

-- oh that's it?

• Like 2

Just checking... we are live posting here like in 15 mins... Right???

Yuppers! (Unless everyone starts posting in rabb.it. Just write what you feel. It's like jazz. It's about the things you don't post.)

• Like 1

But lactaid brought her back

The very next day?

Yuppers! (Unless everyone starts posting in rabb.it. Just write what you feel. It's like jazz. It's about the things you don't post.)

Wait is there somewhere in rabb.it we should be looking?

• Like 1

The very next day?

Don't make me put you on the naughty step right before the movie starts.

• Like 2

Yeah, that's the Beast. Sometimes he growls and shit. Cameron H is threatening for this to be a MM pick and I'm not going to go quietly if that's the case.

Don't you want the title of worst musical choice to fall on him though?

• Like 2

I will be posting here because I think I've illustrated that I'm terrible with technology. Sticking with what I know - streaming on Freeform and posting here.

• Like 1

Don't you want the title of worst musical choice to fall on him though?

I don't need to worry about that title anymore, since Repo. Or Tommy. ;)

• Like 2

Well, I'm on my son's laptop and to join the room I have to be on Firefox or Chrome. Downloading now, but I may be a little late.

Also, I've caught myself "liking" my own posts lately. I'm not going to apologize.

• Like 2

So Christina's plan is steal money from the register, give it to her friend and then hang around for an hour? she's a terrible planner

• Like 2

I had to refresh so I got locked out. Let me back in!

They think you bailed!

Oh no I have commercial breaks. Oops

• Like 1

Uh-oh! It's not hard to get on rabb.it, Sara. Do you use Chrome or Firefox?

Umm... iPad? It's fine, they were like a minute.

• Like 1

It's taken me til now to realize that Julianne Hough is in this

• Like 3

It's taken me til now to realize that Julianne Hough is in this

Yeah, that was a surprise.

• Like 1

Sign in to follow this