🔒 The Earwolf Forums are closed Read more... ×
seanotron

Halloween III: Season of the Witch (1982)

No Michael Myers, and the plot revolves around a warlock with android devil worshipper henchmen trying to murder children with pieces of Stonehenge.

• Like 1

This movie is so worth talking about! The reason there's no Michael Myers is because John Carpenter and Debra Hill wanted to make this franchise into an anthology series -- obviously the idea didn't hold, but I love this entry so much, because of the way that Silver Shamrock jingle sticks in your head. derpderpderpderpderpderpderpderp

@dan

It's not about the mockery really, but as Paul points out, this movie needs to be discussed. There are so many things about this film that are just nuts. I'm aware of what they were going for in terms of an anthology series, but it would be interesting to hear Paul, June, etc. discuss what went so wrong.

Yeah, it's a crazy-ass movie. I think it's getting a surge in popularity in recent years since it's so ambitiously nuts. Maybe next Halloween.

I'm hoping since it was mentioned as a possibility last Halloween there's a chance it will work out this year. I have to admit, Sleepaway Camp was solid competition. But this movie is nutty in a different way.

This is an excellent bad film. They decided to change direction of the franchise (no Jason in this one) and it is AWESOME, but people just didn't get it. :-)

Although having Jason Vorhees in it would also be quite a big change in direction.

;)

"Wait -- Why did you put the villain from a different horror franchise in our movie?"

"Eh -- Hockey masks are just easier to put your hands on than William Shatner masks."

• Like 1

Although having Jason Vorhees in it would also be quite a big change in direction.

;)

"Wait -- Why did you put the villain from a different horror franchise in our movie?"

"Eh -- Hockey masks are just easier to put your hands on than William Shatner masks."

Hehe, yeah. I made all sorts of errors with this post. :-)

Make that "sorry, i didn't see the precvious thread" and Mr. Myers isn't part of this one.

We can always merge these threads, Can't we. Still, people really need to be more careful checking.

I've been banging on about this one for forever, but I really hope this gets done for the Halloween episode. It is madness.

Hey, they are very good masks!

"Do you want to be Jason or Optimus Prime or KISS this Halloween?"

"I WANNA BE A PUMPKIN!"

• Like 1

Also all of them kept the tag on, because im sure it wouldnt be the first thing they do to remove the giant probably uncomfortable logo.

I like that on a somewhat impromptu trip, with only a very tiny case as luggage, and immediately after her father died, the woman managed to pack her sexy lingere.

• Like 1

This is why I so wish that the show had a new full episode every week, because there are some truly great horror movies that could be done in October. I remember checking this out as a kid when I started getting into horror and watching all the old slashers, and I was so confused by this movie since Michael wasn't in it except for the original movie showing on various TVs throughout the movie. I will admit though that the ending of this was fantastic with the main character calling the TV stations telling them the pull the commercial, two of them do it but one doesn't seem tho be following suit and it built some tension as a couple kids were watching in front of him as he's screaming into the phone as it cuts to black.

This will be a great HDTGM movie but it will be darn impossible to top Sleepaway Camp. Also I thought this did not have Michael Meyers because John Carpenter hated sequels and was against even the second Halloween movie.

This will be a great HDTGM movie but it will be darn impossible to top Sleepaway Camp. Also I thought this did not have Michael Meyers because John Carpenter hated sequels and was against even the second Halloween movie.

That is true. He didn't want to do the 2nd movie, but the success of the first meant he was pushed into it. Then he flexed some muscle and tried to do something different here, which clearly did not quite work.

this was definitely a 'six beers to Santa Mira' movie. maybe i'm just having trouble sitting still. I had someone describe this movie to me when I was a kid and I still remember what they told me, so I knew what was coming. Except Stonehenge. I don't remember them mentioning that. That was awesome.

The part about Stonehenge is talked about on the news in the beginning of the film and I sort of missed it, when I re-watched the film the next day, it made more sense sort of. it's funny because you can't get any where near Stonehenge anymore. they have that place locked down now so drunk warlocks can't trying to steal bit's of it or stupid tourists anyway LOL.

• Like 1