Cameron H.

Musical Monday Week 29 Love’s Labour’s Lost

And I Ran...

1200x630bb.jpg

Ran so far a-way-ay-ay!

couldnt get away...

giphy.gif

• Like 3

Ran is $7.99 on iTunes right now. I’ve been eyeballing it for awhile now.

It's as good as anything Kurosawa ever did. $8 is probably reasonable since physical copies are hard to come by for less.

And I Ran...

1200x630bb.jpg

Why don't you tell my man where you got the shit hid at ...

2cfeb78b7612f767ca9430e78e4b8efcadf2c25c0f37ad5d7055e897073c2f26.jpg

• Like 4

It's as good as anything Kurosawa ever did. $8 is probably reasonable since physical copies are hard to come by for less.

Why don't you tell my man where you got the shit hid at ...

2cfeb78b7612f767ca9430e78e4b8efcadf2c25c0f37ad5d7055e897073c2f26.jpg

ee82be706dfa05709572f7b016395a83--the-wedding-singer-series-movies.jpg

• Like 4

Ran and Throne of Blood are total classics and I love them. I need to give them a re-watch. Ran does require patience though. No Nathan Lane to cheer you up and get you through that 162 minutes (of blood and despair) running time.

• Like 5

Ran is $7.99 on iTunes right now. I’ve been eyeballing it for awhile now.

Buy this. It's absolutely worth way more than that. It's good enough that I bought multiple copies on DVD.

• Like 4

On the subject of modernized Shakespeare, I also have a soft spot for the TNT TV movie version of King Lear starring Patrick Stewart, titled King of Texas. I missed it when it first aired, but then I watched it a couple years later in college when I was doing big retwatch of Star Trek: The Next Generation so I was ALL UP IN Patrick Stewart at the time. Sure, I haven't watched it since then and it could very well be garbage, but it's Patrick Stewart + Shakespeare ÷ Old West. How could I not have affection for it?

250px-King_of_Texas.jpg

• Like 6

On the subject of modernized Shakespeare, I also have a soft spot for the TNT TV movie version of King Lear starring Patrick Stewart, titled King of Texas. I missed it when it first aired, but then I watched it a couple years later in college when I was doing big retwatch of Star Trek: The Next Generation so I was ALL UP IN Patrick Stewart at the time. Sure, I haven't watched it since then and it could very well be garbage, but it's Patrick Stewart + Shakespeare ÷ Old West. How could I not have affection for it?

250px-King_of_Texas.jpg

I have never even heard of this, but it's now shot to the top of my watchlist!

• Like 4

I visited Stratford-upon-Avon to tour the Shakespeare houses and literally all I remember is the gift shop that had for sale b&w photos of a young Patrick Stewart in a loin cloth from a Shakespeare production.

• Like 6

Buy this. It's absolutely worth way more than that. It's good enough that I bought multiple copies on DVD.

I bought it on Amazon so I could watch it on my big-screen TV. Thanks for the recommendation!

• Like 2

I visited Stratford-upon-Avon to tour the Shakespeare houses and literally all I remember is the gift shop that had for sale b&w photos of a young Patrick Stewart in a loin cloth from a Shakespeare production.

Patrick Stewart...in a ...loincloth?

giphy.gif

• Like 6

It's not modernized Shakespeare but I've been enjoying the Hollow Crown series of RIchard II, Henry IV (Parts 1 & 2) and Henry V. I really need to buy the DVDs as the copies I have are lousy. They've done more but I haven't seen those. Amazon has Season 1 (the ones I mentioned above) streaming for $9.99. I'll buy that.

Hollow-Crown-DVD-213x300.jpg

• Like 4

How many you buy tho?

• Like 6

How many you buy tho?

Didn't need to. The image has been permanently tattooed on my brain.

• Like 7

It's not modernized Shakespeare but I've been enjoying the Hollow Crown series of RIchard II, Henry IV (Parts 1 & 2) and Henry V. I really need to buy the DVDs as the copies I have are lousy. They've done more but I haven't seen those. Amazon has Season 1 (the ones I mentioned above) streaming for $9.99. I'll buy that.

Hollow-Crown-DVD-213x300.jpg

Oh yes, I totally endorse The Hollow Crown. I mean... that cast is pretty immaculate and everyone plays their role exactly as splendidly as one would hope. Nicely done.

And... my desktop background?

BoyqSZOCQAA6sQY.jpg

• Like 5

Oh yes, I totally endorse The Hollow Crown. I mean... that cast is pretty immaculate and everyone plays their role exactly as splendidly as one would hope. Nicely done.

BoyqSZOCQAA6sQY.jpg

Apparently the side view is not too bad... (This is the only pic I could find.)

Sir-Patrick-Stewart-603259.jpg

• Like 2

Anyone know what production that Pat Stew image is from? I’m guessing A Midsummer’s Night Dream...

• Like 3

Anyone know what production that Pat Stew image is from? I’m guessing A Midsummer’s Night Dream...

Correct. He played Oberon in 1977.

• Like 3

BoyqSZOCQAA6sQY.jpg

qNvod2M.gif

• Like 5