🔒 The Earwolf Forums are closed Read more... ×
Cameron H.

Musical Mondays Week 32 Preview (Polly Darton’s 1st Pick)

I'm calling it The Ten Minute Play Podcast, where I present a new, complete 10 minute play each week

Oh, that sounds really cool!

• Like 2

I"m still working out the kinks on production stuff LOL and I think I said spotify when I meant to say Stitcher LOL

• Like 4

Great pick!

and sorry I haven't been around guys, I stupidly decided to start my own podcast and that's been eating up a lot of my time :D Plus Saturday was my birthday

Happy belated Birthday!

• Like 1

Man, I love this movie. Not man like "a man," but man like "mankind."

I lived in Memphis around the time this came out. I didn't really meet anyone who complained about the way the city was depicted -- they all seemed to think it was pretty right-on.

• Like 3

On a side note, I went and saw The Greatest Showman again. During "This is Me", there's one shot where the cast is in slow motion and Keala Settle keeps moving. Then they land and dance in perfect step with her. On the big screen it's one of the most amazing things I've ever seen. All I could find before was a cam video but now there are official lyric videos. It starts just after 2:50.

[media='']

[/media]
  • Like 2

On a side note, I went and saw The Greatest Showman again. During "This is Me", there's one shot where the cast is in slow motion and Keala Settle keeps moving. Then they land and dance in perfect step with her. On the big screen it's one of the most amazing things I've ever seen. Before all I could find was a cam video but now there are official lyric videos. It starts just after 2:50.

[media='']

[/media]

Damn it, I need to see this

• Like 2

On a side note, I went and saw The Greatest Showman again. During "This is Me", there's one shot where the cast is in slow motion and Keala Settle keeps moving. Then they land and dance in perfect step with her. On the big screen it's one of the most amazing things I've ever seen. All I could find before was a cam video but now there are official lyric videos. It starts just after 2:50.

[media='']

[/media]

Happy Belated Birthday to EvRobert. Sorry for not being more timely with my birthday wishes.

And the further I get from Greatest Showman, the more I like it. That movie took my unkillable cynicism and smothered it in sugary-coated doughy musical nonsense. And I love it for doing so.

• Like 1

Aaaaand, I am watching Hustle & Flow right now and it's reminding me how much I just can't fucking stand Terrence Howard. I might have to sit this one out. I will see how it goes

• Like 2

You’ve got to love IMDb Trivia...

“Terrence Howard is the only actor to ever appear in two films to receive an Oscar nomination for Best Original Song in the same year. This film won the award for "It's Hard Out Here for a Pimp." The other nominated song was "In Too Deep" from the Best Picture winner Crash (2005).”

“Terrence Howard and Ludacris also appeared in Crash...”

• Like 2

Aaaaand, I am watching Hustle & Flow right now and it's reminding me how much I just can't fucking stand Terrence Howard. I might have to sit this one out. I will see how it goes

This is one of those situations where I forgot how good Terrence Howard could be.

Yes, he's a scumbag (he is a repeated domestic violence offender) and for real crazy (he doesn't believe in math and made up his own math). So, I get why he's kind of ostracized in Hollywood. Then I looked through his filmography after rewatching this and I liked almost every movie I've seen him in. Even in the bad movies, he's not bad (except movie 43 but no one comes off great in that one). He's just a bad person who is also a decent actor. Not that I'd judge anyone for disliking him for his personal life alone

• Like 1