ūüĒí The Earwolf Forums are closed Read more... √ó

Pitches love podcasts.  Post your best ideas here, maybe if we all put our minds together we can come up with something great.

PITCHES
If you have a podcast pitch, send it to pitches@midroll.com

So if I come up with a great pitch does that mean I'm magically granted a podcast or does that mean Auck Scotterman clones himself again and makes a podcast with my idea?  Suspicious that they don't really say.  I want to do a podcast for Hollywood Celebrities about what it's like to be a regular office shlub who works a 9-5:30 job with only a 30 minute lunch break and teach them how they can get into the business if they're interested.  I'm pretty sure Maria Bamford was an office admin back in the day.  I wonder if she was honing her comedic craft the whole time.

• Like 2

Quentin Tarantino worked in a video store. Did you know that? He's actually like a real fan of cinema. I think Robin Williams worked at a truck stop selling pre-peeled oranges.

Ooh, wouldn't this be a great idea for a podcast? We can talk about Hollywood Insider-type stuff and dish on gossip about celebs, and then gradually abandon that concept and it's just without direction or structure and we're also being funny.

• Like 3
  • Haha 2

And Gary Coleman worked as a security guard, but after his fall from grace unfortunately.  And Carrot Top works as a team mascot for the unholy dark lord. 

I grew up in Richmond, VA where we get maybe one or two celebrity stories a year and when I went to LA it seemed like almost every radio news story had a celebrity involved.  I always wonder how the boys/CBB-folks can possibly remember so many celeb/movie/show names, but I guess if you're inundated in that culture it sticks more.  I smoked away most of my brain cells related to celebrity and movie references so I have to limp along trying to get all the references sometimes.

• Like 2

Yeah, I actually got most of my celeb trivia from a hole in the ground that somebody had covered with a rock, I guess to either keep people out or keep bugs in, but in either case I can now keep up with most of their references, except when Sean goes off on his supergeek rants about obscure bands.

• Like 3

idk i think podcasting has really run its course

• Like 6
  • Sad 1

My uncle has a podcast where he washes cars or something. 

• Like 2

Improv is so dependent on "Yes, and..."-ing everything.  I'd like to get away from that format and do Improv that has a central core of "No" + an angry stare.  Not sure it would play in podcast format, but I'm still working out the details.

• Like 2

I want to do a podcast all about pogs. 

But it is NOT ALLOWED to be called a Pogcast. 

• Like 3

The Wolverine pod did so well I want to propose a podcast with a new Marvel IP: 

A super-hero named Moleskine¬ģ.¬† He's actually covered in moles that he inherited from his mother who is in her 70s and she has some of those nasty ones that hang off by a little thread like a pouch of spiders.¬† Ugh, so gross.¬† He doesn't have those, just the regular ones.¬† His power is that he's practically got a photographic memory - as long as he writes the information down on his skin using one of those skin pens, cause otherwise his memory really sucks cause he smoked too much weed in college.¬† He has a ton of skin pens that he ordered bulk from Amazon so he's always stocked up before he goes on a mission, but he needs to avoid getting wet or he could lose it all.¬† His arch enemy is called Smudge¬ģ and is constantly trying to mess up all the stuff he wrote down just to be a jerk.¬† He isn't all that motivated to stop Moleskine and it's not like his lifetime passion or anything, he just thinks its funny at how mad he gets.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

I occasionally do a German language podcast where I exclusively review american brand name beers, like PBR and highlife ect. 

I've never released it.

• Like 3

OK, what do I do if I think I've stumbled on some tax fraud?

https://www.imdb.com/title/tt5525742/?ref_=ttep_ep15

Comedy Bang! Bang!
5x15 Allison Janney Wears a Chambray Western Shirt and Suede Fringe Boots
11.11.16 Jessica McKenna, Sean Clements, Mike Hanford, Jessica Jean Jardine, Mike Mitchell

Sean Clements ... (as) Tony

Sean Clements has been a guest on Comedy Bang! Bang! the podcast as well as the TV show.

---

I've watched this episode.  I did not see a Tony.  Did you see a Tony?  I looked really really hard.

• Like 1

On 8/17/2018 at 9:47 AM, SideofMcG said:

I want to do a podcast all about pogs. 

But it is NOT ALLOWED to be called a Pogcast. 

I've never pulled out 5 million dollars so fast only to shove all those green rectangles (5 million ones, it goes without saying except I just did) right back in the pockets and inflatable safe that's stuffed in the lining inside my boots and baskets woven into my sternum  from whence they came. You had a deal, Father McFunny, but you wouldn't budge from the title. In this business that's called being a title tittie and I only give 5 million to tittie titties if you catch my meaning...

• Like 2

On 8/31/2018 at 1:56 PM, KindaGamey said:

OK, what do I do if I think I've stumbled on some tax fraud?

https://www.imdb.com/title/tt5525742/?ref_=ttep_ep15

Comedy Bang! Bang!
5x15 Allison Janney Wears a Chambray Western Shirt and Suede Fringe Boots
11.11.16 Jessica McKenna, Sean Clements, Mike Hanford, Jessica Jean Jardine, Mike Mitchell

Sean Clements ... (as) Tony

Sean Clements has been a guest on Comedy Bang! Bang! the podcast as well as the TV show.

---

I've watched this episode.  I did not see a Tony.  Did you see a Tony?  I looked really really hard.

In the Scott pro-version they even talked about Scott letting Sean do the show.  There is no Tony in that episode!  Is there a Tony?  Maybe Sean got cut, but got paid anyway?

• Like 1