🔒 The Earwolf Forums are closed Read more... ×

Pitches love podcasts.  Post your best ideas here, maybe if we all put our minds together we can come up with something great.

PITCHES
If you have a podcast pitch, send it to pitches@midroll.com

So if I come up with a great pitch does that mean I'm magically granted a podcast or does that mean Auck Scotterman clones himself again and makes a podcast with my idea?  Suspicious that they don't really say.  I want to do a podcast for Hollywood Celebrities about what it's like to be a regular office shlub who works a 9-5:30 job with only a 30 minute lunch break and teach them how they can get into the business if they're interested.  I'm pretty sure Maria Bamford was an office admin back in the day.  I wonder if she was honing her comedic craft the whole time.

• Like 2

Quentin Tarantino worked in a video store. Did you know that? He's actually like a real fan of cinema. I think Robin Williams worked at a truck stop selling pre-peeled oranges.

Ooh, wouldn't this be a great idea for a podcast? We can talk about Hollywood Insider-type stuff and dish on gossip about celebs, and then gradually abandon that concept and it's just without direction or structure and we're also being funny.

• Like 3
  • Haha 2

And Gary Coleman worked as a security guard, but after his fall from grace unfortunately.  And Carrot Top works as a team mascot for the unholy dark lord. 

I grew up in Richmond, VA where we get maybe one or two celebrity stories a year and when I went to LA it seemed like almost every radio news story had a celebrity involved.  I always wonder how the boys/CBB-folks can possibly remember so many celeb/movie/show names, but I guess if you're inundated in that culture it sticks more.  I smoked away most of my brain cells related to celebrity and movie references so I have to limp along trying to get all the references sometimes.

• Like 2

Yeah, I actually got most of my celeb trivia from a hole in the ground that somebody had covered with a rock, I guess to either keep people out or keep bugs in, but in either case I can now keep up with most of their references, except when Sean goes off on his supergeek rants about obscure bands.

• Like 3

idk i think podcasting has really run its course

• Like 6
  • Sad 1

My uncle has a podcast where he washes cars or something. 

• Like 2

Improv is so dependent on "Yes, and..."-ing everything.  I'd like to get away from that format and do Improv that has a central core of "No" + an angry stare.  Not sure it would play in podcast format, but I'm still working out the details.

• Like 2

I want to do a podcast all about pogs. 

But it is NOT ALLOWED to be called a Pogcast. 

• Like 3

The Wolverine pod did so well I want to propose a podcast with a new Marvel IP: 

A super-hero named Moleskine®.  He's actually covered in moles that he inherited from his mother who is in her 70s and she has some of those nasty ones that hang off by a little thread like a pouch of spiders.  Ugh, so gross.  He doesn't have those, just the regular ones.  His power is that he's practically got a photographic memory - as long as he writes the information down on his skin using one of those skin pens, cause otherwise his memory really sucks cause he smoked too much weed in college.  He has a ton of skin pens that he ordered bulk from Amazon so he's always stocked up before he goes on a mission, but he needs to avoid getting wet or he could lose it all.  His arch enemy is called Smudge® and is constantly trying to mess up all the stuff he wrote down just to be a jerk.  He isn't all that motivated to stop Moleskine and it's not like his lifetime passion or anything, he just thinks its funny at how mad he gets.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

I occasionally do a German language podcast where I exclusively review american brand name beers, like PBR and highlife ect. 

I've never released it.

• Like 3

OK, what do I do if I think I've stumbled on some tax fraud?

https://www.imdb.com/title/tt5525742/?ref_=ttep_ep15

Comedy Bang! Bang!
5x15 Allison Janney Wears a Chambray Western Shirt and Suede Fringe Boots
11.11.16 Jessica McKenna, Sean Clements, Mike Hanford, Jessica Jean Jardine, Mike Mitchell

Sean Clements ... (as) Tony

Sean Clements has been a guest on Comedy Bang! Bang! the podcast as well as the TV show.

---

I've watched this episode.  I did not see a Tony.  Did you see a Tony?  I looked really really hard.

• Like 1

On 8/17/2018 at 9:47 AM, SideofMcG said:

I want to do a podcast all about pogs. 

But it is NOT ALLOWED to be called a Pogcast. 

I've never pulled out 5 million dollars so fast only to shove all those green rectangles (5 million ones, it goes without saying except I just did) right back in the pockets and inflatable safe that's stuffed in the lining inside my boots and baskets woven into my sternum  from whence they came. You had a deal, Father McFunny, but you wouldn't budge from the title. In this business that's called being a title tittie and I only give 5 million to tittie titties if you catch my meaning...

• Like 2

On 8/31/2018 at 1:56 PM, KindaGamey said:

OK, what do I do if I think I've stumbled on some tax fraud?

https://www.imdb.com/title/tt5525742/?ref_=ttep_ep15

Comedy Bang! Bang!
5x15 Allison Janney Wears a Chambray Western Shirt and Suede Fringe Boots
11.11.16 Jessica McKenna, Sean Clements, Mike Hanford, Jessica Jean Jardine, Mike Mitchell

Sean Clements ... (as) Tony

Sean Clements has been a guest on Comedy Bang! Bang! the podcast as well as the TV show.

---

I've watched this episode.  I did not see a Tony.  Did you see a Tony?  I looked really really hard.

In the Scott pro-version they even talked about Scott letting Sean do the show.  There is no Tony in that episode!  Is there a Tony?  Maybe Sean got cut, but got paid anyway?

• Like 1