🔒 The Earwolf Forums are closed Read more... ×
Cameron H.

Musical Mondays Week 45 Oliver & Company

And because Jammer hasn't gotten Ram yet...

(Goddamn it, guys! I'm trying to finish Double Indemnity! Don't make me choose!)

• Like 1

23 minutes ago, JammerLea said:

I love Tug of War and Flaming Pie. I feel like I really need to get Ram sometime. My roommate got me the re-release of Flowers in the Dirt and I was enjoying that, but haven't listened to it that much yet to really have a strong opinion. I have a few of his albums after Flaming Pie, but I think even with those there's just a couple songs that I really like, and the rest I'm a little eh about.

Flowers In The Dirt is pretty good. I might put it in my top 10 depending on the day. There are some decent outtakes with more Elvis Costello from this period with checking out.

Ram is essential in part because it's the only true Paul And Linda McCartney album. If pressed, I might call it my favorite Mccartney album.

15 minutes ago, CameronH said:

Honestly, though, I can probably find something I love on every album - even Press to Play :P

This is too far. Next you'll say you like Back To The Egg.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, grudlian. said:

This is too far. Next you'll say you like Back To The Egg.

I don't hate it...

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, CameronH said:

I don't hate it...

Nobody's perfect. 

• Like 1

12 hours ago, CameronH said:

Totally. I’ll take what I can get, but this really isn’t his best work (I do like them more than Driving Rain, though)

ETA: Okay...”Fuh You” is starting to grow on me. It’s kind of a fun (if stupid) singalong :P

Cee Lo Green had a song in 2010 entitled "F**k You".  You could get the unedited version or two different edited versions.  Maybe there's an unedited McCartney version out there.

220px-Cee_Lo_Green_-_Fuck_you!.jpg

• Like 1

I haven't seen this movie in YEARS ! I had the vhs and was OBSESSED. I was a cat lady even as a wee lass. I haven't watched the movie for this week yet but I do remember loving Perfect Isn't Easy because I was also a dramatic bitch as a child. I still think it's one of the best underrated songs of Disney.

I would post photos of my two kitty cats Godric and his son Albus but Earwolf sucks and won't let me. Every picture I have is too big apparently.Have a link to my cloud instead:

https://www.amazon.com/photos/share/Tf28u1Tzc8CydjfNk1a8JMmSFcqBhAvGUV88uaimtgU

Godric is the black and white and Albus is orange and white. They are purebred Turkish Vans and I got them nearly a year and a half ago because (I'm not making this up) Godric was getting beat up by the other cats at the cattery, mostly by his brother Ron Weasely.

• Like 3

On 8/14/2018 at 10:28 AM, SaraK said:

The beginning of this movie made me sad - who is selling kittens for five bucks, and then just abandons the ones that are left? Poor baby. I wanted to give him a hug.  It probably doesn't help that I spend two days a week volunteering at an animal shelter, adopting out those same animals. 

Also, I'm insanely tempted to get the same set up for my dog that Georgette has. He already has his own bedroom since he took over the guest room with his toys. 

In regards to pictures, I don't have a cat, but my dog sometimes acts like a cat? 

IMG_3997.jpg

My cats took over the guest room as their "sunbeam nap" room The guest bed is by the window and the afternoon sun gets in there perfectly.

• Like 3

On 8/13/2018 at 6:17 PM, Quasar Sniffer said:

I found myself thinking a lot about where this movie lands in Disney's history and in the history of animation. It was always going to suffer in reputation from, as stated earlier, being released in the same year as Who Framed Roger Rabbit and one year behind Little Mermaid.  It was also released the same year as Land Before Time and one year before another group-of-down-on-their-luck-stray-pets-in-which-Dom DeLuise-plays-a-supporting-role movie, All Dogs God to Heaven. So even if this doesn't have the same tone or style as classic Disney, which Little Mermaid revitalized, it would still be in the shadow of those other, better remembered Don Bluth films. It's been too long since I've seen either Land Before Time or All Dogs Go to Heaven, so I would be remiss to compare the technical merits of the films now, but I know as a child I preferred those two to Oliver & Company. Plus, I hold Roger Rabbit to be a masterpiece and it is my favorite Zemeckis film (I KNOW WHAT I MEAN WHEN I SAY THAT THANK YOU). So animation is just in this very interesting transitional period, in which technology will soon allow for the achievements of both Roger Rabbit and Little Mermaid,  not to mention we are right before the outstanding flood of TV animation with the likes of Tiny Toon Adventures, Batman the Animated Series, and right in the middle of the various Duck-related Disney shows. It was also a time when, I think, Disney was really struggling to hold onto its identity, as their golden age of animation had long since passed, as had their live-action kid friendly comedies like Mary Poppins or even The Computer Wore Tennis Shoes. That would, of course, change the next year, as Little Mermaid would usher in a new golden age, only to be again revitalized by Pixar, and now when something like Coco or Incredibles 2 comes out, the studio slays all opponents at the box office, but that was just not the case for much of the 1970s and 1980s. I just find it fascinating, dudes and dames!

All Dogs Go To Heaven FUCKED me up as a kid and to be honest I'm still kind of afraid to watch it. It is BLEAK in spots

• Like 3

13 hours ago, gigitastic said:

My cats took over the guest room as their "sunbeam nap" room The guest bed is by the window and the afternoon sun gets in there perfectly.

Oliver took over my sun room that I was gonna turn into an office lol!

13 hours ago, gigitastic said:

All Dogs Go To Heaven FUCKED me up as a kid and to be honest I'm still kind of afraid to watch it. It is BLEAK in spots

This movie was on, muted, when I was getting a manicure and even with no sound, I teared up a bit. I tried really hard not to look at the screen. 

• Like 2

I saw this not knowing that it was based on Oliver Twist and to me every plot point is rushed... I wanted more songs and did not find the inconsistent animation bothersome just wandering why the producers of the movie decided that was the way to go?

• Like 3

P.S. I'm on vacation and in full Murphy's law mode... When I try to enter this forum from the Italian wifi I get a "you are banned" message I had to go to a neighboring town just to write this... So if you don't mind I want swap places to have my M.M. pick the first week of September so I can fully participate

Thanks you so much in advance 😃

• Like 3