🔒 The Earwolf Forums are closed Read more... ×
Sign in to follow this  
grudlian.

Prequel to Episode 232

5 star reviews from Japan, slapping Jason, and more on this week’s mini-sode! Paul offers advice as he opens up the Paul Help Line, goes through Corrections and Omissions for The Master of Disguise, and opens up the Mail Bag. Plus, find out which movie we will be watching next week!

This episode is brought to you by The Daily Show Podcast Universe.   Subscribe to Unspooled with Paul Scheer and Amy Nicholson here: http://www.earwolf.com/show/unspooled/ Check out our tour dates over at www.hdtgm.com! Check out new HDTGM merch over at https://www.teepubli…wdidthisgetmade Where to Find Jason, June & Paul: @PaulScheer on Instagram & Twitter @Junediane on IG and @MsJuneDiane on Twitter

• Like 1

I may have a solution for Paul's question about why SWINGERS needed Steven Spielberg's permission and MASTER OF DISGUISE didn't. 

There is specific language in fair use doctrine for parody uses. I imagine MoD would qualify as a parody and SWINGERS would not. 

Thus I am willing to bet Spielberg had nothing to do with this nonsense.

• Like 3

I know that it's late but because of the Spirit of Christmas (or as I call it Horny Ghost Inn) I wanted to recommend one of my favorite books that takes place at an inn during Christmas and has slight mystic tones .  I should mention first off It's not written for adults though It's a lovely book. It's in that weird category where it's not exactly young adult fiction but it's definitely not small children fiction and saying junior fiction sounds oddly dismissive. The book is called Greenglass House. Here's how Goodreads describes it:

"It’s wintertime at Greenglass House. The creaky smuggler’s inn is always quiet during this season, and twelve-year-old Milo, the innkeepers’ adopted son, plans to spend his holidays relaxing. But on the first icy night of vacation, out of nowhere, the guest bell rings. Then rings again. And again. Soon Milo’s home is bursting with odd, secretive guests, each one bearing a strange story that is somehow connected to the rambling old house. As objects go missing and tempers flare, Milo and Meddy, the cook’s daughter, must decipher clues and untangle the web of deepening mysteries to discover the truth about Greenglass House—and themselves"

It's a fun little read and I recommend it if you just want a cozy story for a few hours. 

• Like 1

On 1/25/2020 at 3:20 PM, gigi-tastic said:

Apparently in North Carolina there is a bank robber that the FBI has dubbed " The Bad Wig Bandit "

PAENXYP2YFFJFK2RMXOHXOVN44.jpg

https://www.wbtv.com/2020/01/17/fbi-says-bad-wig-bandit-has-robbed-yet-another-nc-bank/

It looks like SOMEONE couldn't " become another person". 

Also I personally feel that June could stop him based on his shoddy wig work as the reigning Queen of Wig Talk

You'll probably find the story of "Cowboy Bob" aka Peggy Jo Tallis to be VERY interesting then!

This woman here literally convinced everyone she was legitimately a man and robbed banks in this perfect fuckin disguise.

• Like 2

Sign in to follow this