Jump to content
Cameron H.

Episode 233.5 — Minisode 233.5

Recommended Posts

13 minutes ago, grudlian. said:

Team Veronica is better than any of the chumps on the show.

This guy gets it. This is like Rory Gilmore all over again. She's too good for any of her boyfriends (excluding Year In The Life obviously where Rory is trash)

Just wait until you watch the new season lmaoooo

Share this post


Link to post
6 minutes ago, taylor anne photo said:

Just wait until you watch the new season lmaoooo

I read a very upsetting spoiler.

Share this post


Link to post
29 minutes ago, grudlian. said:

I read a very upsetting spoiler.

I'd love to know which one because if it's the Big One then there's so much that happens before that that makes me feel the way I do about Veronica and this season.

But that Big One was the nail in the coffin.

Share this post


Link to post
21 minutes ago, taylor anne photo said:

I'd love to know which one because if it's the Big One then there's so much that happens before that that makes me feel the way I do about Veronica and this season.

But that Big One was the nail in the coffin.

Spoiler

They are married. I don't know what's going on in her life but, girl, you can do better I promise you.

I'm also pretty confident he dies but I don't know anything about how/why.

 

Share this post


Link to post
9 minutes ago, grudlian. said:
  Reveal hidden contents

They are married. I don't know what's going on in her life but, girl, you can do better I promise you.

I'm also pretty confident he dies but I don't know anything about how/why.

 

Okay so that's not the spoiler I was thinking of, but at this point why do you think she can do better? They've seemingly been together solidly for ~5 years at this point (if we're looking at it all happening in Real Time of course since the movie came out in 2015) and despite what people might think of Logan there's SOLID character development from him throughout the run of this universe.

Plus... WATCH THE NEW SEASON

Share this post


Link to post
1 hour ago, taylor anne photo said:

 

  Hide contents

Okay so that's not the spoiler I was thinking of, but at this point why do you think she can do better? They've seemingly been together solidly for ~5 years at this point (if we're looking at it all happening in Real Time of course since the movie came out in 2015) and despite what people might think of Logan there's SOLID character development from him throughout the run of this universe.

Plus... WATCH THE NEW SEASON

 

Spoiler

 

I don't know where the characters are at in their current lives (so, maybe this is irrelevant now) but, based on my memory, they shouldn't have gotten together in the first place (but you're right. I do remember him having grown before the movie). So, five years of history doesn't erase the previous years of being a bully/jerk. To me, he hadn't put in the work yet by the end of the movie. Maybe by the start of the new season he has and now they can get together.

And honestly, I'm never going to be all in on Logan and he's facing an uphill battle with me personally. 

I'm going to watch it. I want to finish Marvelous Mrs. Maisel first.

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
42 minutes ago, grudlian. said:
  Reveal hidden contents

 

I don't know where the characters are at in their current lives (so, maybe this is irrelevant now) but, based on my memory, they shouldn't have gotten together in the first place (but you're right. I do remember him having grown before the movie). So, five years of history doesn't erase the previous years of being a bully/jerk. To me, he hadn't put in the work yet by the end of the movie. Maybe by the start of the new season he has and now they can get together.

And honestly, I'm never going to be all in on Logan and he's facing an uphill battle with me personally. 

I'm going to watch it. I want to finish Marvelous Mrs. Maisel first.

 

 

I do agree that he had a lot of growing to do about being a bully but I thought that in season 2 and 3 they had done a good job of showing him grow from that and own up to his bully behavior and also own up to the fact that he was perpetuating abuse when he was being abused himself. But I am also always going to be on Logan's side lol! I mean ultimately I was always on Veronica's side unless she was with Duncan lmao, but yeah seeing how much Logan grew during the new season really solidified my love for him.

Share this post


Link to post
30 minutes ago, taylor anne photo said:

 

  Hide contents

I do agree that he had a lot of growing to do about being a bully but I thought that in season 2 and 3 they had done a good job of showing him grow from that and own up to his bully behavior and also own up to the fact that he was perpetuating abuse when he was being abused himself. But I am also always going to be on Logan's side lol! I mean ultimately I was always on Veronica's side unless she was with Duncan lmao, but yeah seeing how much Logan grew during the new season really solidified my love for him.

 

I remember thinking Logan being made sympathetic after his mother's suicide and reveal that his father was abusive/murderer felt... not quite pandering to Logan fans but not not pandering. I know that's a very real thing but it felt like lazy way to add depth.

On the other hand, I couldn't even remember Duncan existing. A picture and skimming wiki didn't jog my memory much except them NOT being brother and sister. I'd rather have a character I hate than one who doesn't make an impression. So, I can begrudgingly admit that maybe Logan might be better than Duncan.

Share this post


Link to post

I’m with @taylor anne photo on Logan. I think they did an impressive job of taking a really unlikable character and reforming him throughout the series. I mean he does some vile shit, and they still have us (most of us anyway) cheering for him in the end. The way I see it, nobody is perfect, certainly no one is born perfect, but a person’s willingness to change definitely makes an impression on me—especially from a narrative standpoint. We must always be open to redemption, otherwise, what are we even doing? If we don’t believe people can better themselves, then capital punishment might as well be our default for all crimes.

Besides, it would be boring if he was a perfect angel from the beginning. :) 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
1 hour ago, Cameron H. said:

I’m with @taylor anne photo on Logan. I think they did an impressive job of taking a really unlikable character and reforming him throughout the series. I mean he does some vile shit, and they still have us (most of us anyway) cheering for him in the end. The way I see it, nobody is perfect, certainly no one is born perfect, but a person’s willingness to change definitely makes an impression on me—especially from a narrative standpoint. We must always be open to redemption, otherwise, what are we even doing? If we don’t believe people can better themselves, then capital punishment might as well be our default for all crimes.

Besides, it would be boring if he was a perfect angel from the beginning. :) 

I'm 100% fine with redemptive arcs but he hasn't earned it yet in my opinion. I've even said that he's grown and maybe they could start this season with them together. I'm not sure what you all want from me on this lol.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
3 minutes ago, grudlian. said:

I'm 100% fine with redemptive arcs but he hasn't earned it yet in my opinion. I've even said that he's grown and maybe they could start this season with them together. I'm not sure what you all want from me on this lol.

I WANT YOU TO TELL ME I’M RIGHT!

j/k I totally get what you mean. 😀

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
4 minutes ago, Cameron H. said:

I WANT YOU TO TELL ME I’M RIGHT!

j/k I totally get what you mean. 😀

logan sux and always will deal with it

  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
10 minutes ago, grudlian. said:

I'm 100% fine with redemptive arcs but he hasn't earned it yet in my opinion. I've even said that he's grown and maybe they could start this season with them together. I'm not sure what you all want from me on this lol.

LIKE CAMERON SAID!!! ADMIT YOU ARE WRONG!!!!!!!

;)))

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
3 minutes ago, grudlian. said:

logan sux and always will deal with it

giphy.gif

Share this post


Link to post

We're talking about Logan from Gilmore Girls right?

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post

According to Merriam Webster "jam" (among other definitions) is slang for slam dunk in basketball.

Books > calls. 

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post

Veronica Mars episode 1

I don't hate this. As much as I don't remember the original series, this feels slightly off somehow. Not terrible but still not quite what I remember.

I hate hate hate the "cuss" thing. It's obviously going to lead to some moment that's supposed to be huge when one of them says "fuck" but this is a big no thanks from me.

As much as I've been anti- Logan, why is he sticking with Veronica for five years if she's been telling you she won't marry you. Dump her. 

Spoiler

 

Of course, I know they get married but if I didn't know that, move on.

 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post

Veronica Mars episode 2

Spoiler

 

I'm not going to lie, I legit thought they killed Ryan Hansen at the beginning and I thought this was a completely ridiculous send off.

I'm currently anti-Veronica and Team Logan. Logan is apparently in anger management due to violent outbursts and she's actively taunting him into being angry. What's her fucking problem? I'd get it if this scene was written like she was genuinely thoughtful about how refusing his proposal affected him but, nah, she feels like she wants him angry.

 

 

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
22 hours ago, grudlian. said:

Veronica Mars episode 2

  Hide contents

 

I'm not going to lie, I legit thought they killed Ryan Hansen at the beginning and I thought this was a completely ridiculous send off.

I'm currently anti-Veronica and Team Logan. Logan is apparently in anger management due to violent outbursts and she's actively taunting him into being angry. What's her fucking problem? I'd get it if this scene was written like she was genuinely thoughtful about how refusing his proposal affected him but, nah, she feels like she wants him angry.

 

 

Now you get it lol

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post

I think my issue with the new season of Veronica Mars was the same as my issue with everything after the first season; that is, I can't trust anything in the show, either in its plot or character development. Every time it seems like we reached a conclusion in a mystery or a character has made a moment of self-realization, there's a twist to pull the rug out from under us. So it seems like everything is a red herring, from the suspect list to the way Veronica deals with her love life. So I'm just constantly second-guessing everything I see, and that's just not a way to emotionally connect to a show, as I'm thinking about what the writing team might have been thinking as I'm listening to the dialogue.

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
11 minutes ago, Quasar Sniffer said:

I think my issue with the new season of Veronica Mars was the same as my issue with everything after the first season; that is, I can't trust anything in the show, either in its plot or character development. Every time it seems like we reached a conclusion in a mystery or a character has made a moment of self-realization, there's a twist to pull the rug out from under us. So it seems like everything is a red herring, from the suspect list to the way Veronica deals with her love life. So I'm just constantly second-guessing everything I see, and that's just not a way to emotionally connect to a show, as I'm thinking about what the writing team might have been thinking as I'm listening to the dialogue.

This is so accurate. Based on the first episode, the bomber is logically the NUTT leader Big Dick Casablancas (or Clifton Collins mob but we don't know enough about them yet). It's obviously mone of the other old characters and none of the new characters have motivation to be terrorists. But I fully expect it to be someone else with some crazy last minute reveal that won't be satisfying.

The big example of what I think is wrong with this season (and maybe the whole series, I don't remember), is the first scene. Veronica climbs the fence and a guard dog approaches her. She says something like "oh jeez, I better be careful". Cut to the literal next shot where Veronica has befriended the dog with snausages.

Why introduce a problem then solve it 1 second later off screen? Who was Veronica even talking to especially if she was prepared? It's a red herring for a single shot.

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post

Veronica Mars episode 5

Spoiler

 

Is Patton Oswalt's murder club supposed to be the audience trying to figure out who the bomber is? Because it certainly feels like it and it feels really insulting.

Especially because, in this episode, twists and contradictory reveals and red herrings are over the top. Veronica and her dad are literally throwing out equally plausible stories on who might be the bomber. Then, on their individual investigations, they find evidence that both exonerates and implicates JK Simmons. But the episode ends with the bartender being a suspect (which was supposed to be shocking but felt super obvious at the same time because at some point the show had to make her seem guilty).

This season feels like Wallace Shawn in The Princess Bride debating which glass has iocane powder. It's presented so seriously but it's equally silly. It's just a bad whodunit where I'll never be happy with the final reveal because I doubt it will add up in a meaningful way.

There are bits that I like but this show would never have gained a cult following if this was the first season.

 

 

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post

Veronica Mars episode 6 and 7

Spoiler

 

Veronica is a piece of shit for cheating on Logan. Then to decide to get married after that is awful.

Two bombers now? Whatever you say! I wondered when Patton Oswalt would be called the bomber because every other new character has been accused. I even called the plot of why he would be accused. But, of course, this is the next to last episode so there's still time to reveal the real killer. 

 

 

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post

Looking at some trivia for Veronica Mars. Episode 6 was written by Kareem Abdul-Jabbar. Yes, that Kareem Abdul-Jabbar.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post

Veronica Mars episode 8

Spoiler

 

As much as I felt this season really jerked us around on who the bomber is, my immediate reaction was Patton Oswalt. I immediately assumed it was Big Dick, but after looking on imdb, I remembered he was a from the original series. So, that mostly took him out of contention. While I figured it was possible Patton agreed to the show because he's a fan or something, he was the only other realistic choice. His murder group being a way to prove how smart he is was the only person with a "legitimate" motive. But "they're Spring Breakers" is a fucking pathetic motive.

In an earlier episode, they mention there are still days left in Spring Break. If we figure on schools having different different weeks for Spring Break, this entire season takes place over maybe three weeks. I'm not sure how long I thought this took place over, but five bombs in under three weeks with a confirmed sixth bomb? This is potentially international news. Neptune would have tons of federal support than Max Greenfield by himself. 

Why the fuck is the school opening even happening during a bomb scare? Wouldn't this definitely be canceled? Why are they opening a new school in spring? And when, in the middle of these bombings, why are people questioning Veronica when she yells there's a bomb? Why didn't they call the police on the way there?

The whole ending is fucking ridiculous.

Clearly I'm not the biggest Logan fan, but damn that is fucking dumb. Even setting aside the plausibility of Patton Oswalt planting the bomb and going off somehow after the wedding, why did this happen? Who wanted this? I know this season doesn't need to be fan service, but what is the payoff? I didn't watch four seasons of this show thinking "when is Veronica finally going to quit being a detective andgo to therapy?" If you're going to kill off a show, either make the fans happy or do something thematically consistent with the series (and I get Veronica getting dumped on is consistent with the show but still). What a shitty, shitty ending. Even though I laughed at the 5 second fake out that Logan called off the wedding, ending on a wedding would at least be satisfying.

Also, even though this entire revival felt like "wow, everyone definitely looks older except Kristen Bell", Wallace definitely aged better than anyone including Kristen Bell.

 

 

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

×