Jump to content
Cinco DeNio

Musical Mondays Week 88 Preview (theworstbuddhist's Pick)

Recommended Posts

This is quite the build-up! As long as it’s not another crappy cartoon! 

  • Like 4
  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post

Ha, shit, sorry everybody, didn't even realize it was my turn and uh anyway have we done Head? The Monkees movie? If not, that's my pick. Apparently you can watch it on the youtube.

  • Like 6

Share this post


Link to post
2 minutes ago, theworstbuddhist said:

Ha, shit, sorry everybody, didn't even realize it was my turn and uh anyway have we done Head? The Monkees movie? If not, that's my pick. Apparently you can watch it on the youtube.

Cool, I was going to pick that at some point 🙂

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post

hey I noticed that the Unspooled FB group was using Kast to have a watch party for this week's movie. I know you guys looked into it a few months back, but has anyone tried it recently? is it better? if we're self isolating, it'd be fun to watch some stuff with you all

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
2 minutes ago, AlmostAGhost said:

hey I noticed that the Unspooled FB group was using Kast to have a watch party for this week's movie. I know you guys looked into it a few months back, but has anyone tried it recently? is it better? if we're self isolating, it'd be fun to watch some stuff with you all

I just looked at it the other day, but I didn’t do anything with it. I’ve been meaning to though, I swear.

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post

I think I’ve mentioned this before but I’ll repeat myself: I’ve created a playlist on Spotify that now holds the majority of my music collection, from the 1960s up until now. It’s approximately 275 hours long. It spans a lot of different music genres. I like to put it on random.

i Didn’t edit my tastes—there are some artists that people will probably offensive, but there are hours of stuff that is not (just press skip!).Classic rock, hip hop, R &B, grunge and more...it’s all in there. Good for coronavirus binge listening. I can’t post the link here, but for those who have Spotify and are interested, the Playlist is called The Big 40 and is by justanotherwriter—us (that’s me!).

 

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
3 hours ago, GrahamS. said:

This is quite the build-up! As long as it’s not another crappy cartoon! 

Haha I just saw this because I skimmed the thread earlier but I was so close to suggesting Rock & Rule.

  • Like 4

Share this post


Link to post
10 hours ago, theworstbuddhist said:

Haha I just saw this because I skimmed the thread earlier but I was so close to suggesting Rock & Rule.

I've never seen Rock & Rule OR Head and they are both on my to-watch list. I look forward to discovering either film, but since we are doing Head, that is the one I shall view! Nice!

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
On 3/16/2020 at 9:48 PM, theworstbuddhist said:

Ha, shit, sorry everybody, didn't even realize it was my turn and uh anyway have we done Head? The Monkees movie? If not, that's my pick. Apparently you can watch it on the youtube.

I’m glad you put Head in bold and italics. Otherwise I would say no.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post

I’m back in the hospital for a few days. Got a new infection (NOT coronavirus) my left foot and the oral antibiotics weren’t helping. Getting doses of IV antibiotics. I don’t expect this to be a long-term stay. Just enough to cure the infection. I will, though, be working from home when I get out.

  • Like 5

Share this post


Link to post
6 minutes ago, Cinco DeNio said:

I’m back in the hospital for a few days. Got a new infection (NOT coronavirus) my left foot and the oral antibiotics weren’t helping. Getting doses of IV antibiotics. I don’t expect this to be a long-term stay. Just enough to cure the infection. I will, though, be working from home when I get out.

Get well soon!

  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post

I’m working on a remake of My Left Foot.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
On 3/16/2020 at 10:03 PM, Cameron H. said:

I just looked at it the other day, but I didn’t do anything with it. I’ve been meaning to though, I swear.

I will check it out if I get out of here in time.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
11 hours ago, Cinco DeNio said:

Here’s the link with the opening credits.

 

"VHS Quality" would be a good name for a Monkees album.

  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
1 hour ago, theworstbuddhist said:

"VHS Quality" would be a good name for a Monkees album.

I saw a link for a documentary labeled "From The Monkees to Head".  Not sure how to take that.

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
13 hours ago, Cinco DeNio said:

I’m back in the hospital for a few days. Got a new infection (NOT coronavirus) my left foot and the oral antibiotics weren’t helping. Getting doses of IV antibiotics. I don’t expect this to be a long-term stay. Just enough to cure the infection. I will, though, be working from home when I get out.

Best wishes! Hope you get better soon!

Share this post


Link to post
On 3/16/2020 at 10:00 PM, AlmostAGhost said:

hey I noticed that the Unspooled FB group was using Kast to have a watch party for this week's movie. I know you guys looked into it a few months back, but has anyone tried it recently? is it better? if we're self isolating, it'd be fun to watch some stuff with you all

Tried Kast earlier tonight with my friend and the video kept stopping so we gave up.  I dunno if it's affected by the increased demand during the pandemic.

  • Sad 2

Share this post


Link to post

Thanks everyone!  I got sprung today (thanks to the Rita Hayworth poster and my tunneling).  I have to wear an IV pump for 6 weeks to deliver antibiotics to my PICC line 3 times a day.  That's going to be a major pain.

  • Like 4

Share this post


Link to post

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

×