🔒 The Earwolf Forums are closed Read more... ×
Cinco DeNio

Musical Mondays Week 107 Pennies from Heaven

1 hour ago, Cameron H. said:

I bought his Christmas album last year. I think the only complete Ringo album (aside from Greatest Hots) I have ever owned was Ringo.

Goodnight Vienna is pretty good. All the others I've listened to are more bad than good.

• Like 1

29 minutes ago, grudlian. said:

Goodnight Vienna is pretty good. All the others I've listened to are more bad than good.

Here's the first single from the EP.

The Ringo video is almost the same as Paul's... (The tune's not all that dissimilar either)

47 minutes ago, Cameron H. said:

Here's the first single from the EP.

Gotta be honest, this isn't moving me to get the EP. Seeing Paul on it makes me mildly interesting because it's only a matter of time before the last song with two Beatles on it comes out.

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, grudlian. said:

Gotta be honest, this isn't moving me to get the EP. Seeing Paul on it makes me mildly interesting because it's only a matter of time before the last song with two Beatles on it comes out.

It has a very "inspirational song at the end of a made for TV Christian show" vibe to it. 

8 hours ago, Cameron H. said:

I bought his Christmas album last year. I think the only complete Ringo album (aside from Greatest Hots) I have ever owned was Ringo.

Greatest Hots is a wonderful typo.  (No editing your post, it's preserved in mine.)

• Like 1

I finished the miniseries today. It's made me retroactively think a lot less of the movie. It's got a lot more depth which is pretty obvious since it's four times longer. There are some story bits that I'm glad aren't included in the movie though.

The musical sections feel a bit more natural. They are still dancing, singing production numbers, but they feel more organic. No one is a particularly gifted dancer or lip syncher. So, that's remained consistent.

Bob Hoskins gives a much better performance than Steve Martin. Partly, it's because the movie gives him more nuance to his character but it's more grounded. Hoskins still plays a bit of a dreamer but Martin feels goofy in comparison. 

• Like 3

Amy Nicholson just tweeted that Pennies is her tied #1 favorite film of all-time

• Like 2
  • huh? 1